Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Marc Scaringi or Sam Rohrer

Quote Originally Posted by HigherVision View Post
    No it sounds like he's completely for it: "Rohrer and Waga bring the number of candidates for federal office in 2012 who have adopted the ’9-9-9′ Economic Recovery and Jobs Program and pledged to enact it into law to nearly 30."

If that's incorrect than Rohrer should release a statement saying so.
    Is there anything in 999 that we would be against ideologically? The way I recall, and it has been a while since I looked at it, it was sort of a hybrid between fair tax and flat tax.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just found the summary of it on Cain's site:

Removes all payroll taxes and unites all tax payers
    Provides the least incentive to evade taxes and the fewest opportunities to do so
    Lifts a $430 billion dead-weight burden on the economy due to compliance, enforcement, collection, etc…
    Is fair, simple, efficient, neutral, and transparent
    Ends nearly all deductions and special interest favors
    Features zero tax on capital gains and repatriated profits
    Exports leave our shores without the Business Tax or the Sales Tax embedded in their cost, making them world class competitive. Imports are subject to the same taxation as domestically produced goods, leveling the playing field.
    Lowest marginal rates on production
    Kills the Death Tax
    Allows immediate expensing of business investments
    Eliminates double taxation of dividends
    Increases capital formation which aids capital availability for small businesses
    Increased capital per worker drives productivity and wage growth
    Features a platform to launch properly structured Empowerment Zones to renew our inner cities
    The pro-growth, pro-job, pro-export economic policies of the 9-9-9 PLAN equals a strong dollar policy
    Ultimately replaces individual and corporate income taxes
    Ends the IRS as we know it and repeals the 16th Amendment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Peter Schiff said it was a bad deal for poor and working class because it would effectively raise their taxes:

He starts criticizing it at 5:11

I think they may have addressed that: "Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone." Maybe this is in response to the criticism.

Trust me, I am not for it or against it, just trying to figure it out.

It's regressive and hurts poor people like me. It's a total starter, if Rohrer is really for this, he's not getting my vote. I'd even vote for Casey in the general against Rohrer, that's how much it pisses me off.

I don't currently pay any payroll tax being self employed. 999 would mean I now have to pay a federal sales tax on all my purchases.
    Last edited by 69360; 03-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's regressive and hurts poor people like me. It's a total starter, if Rohrer is really for this, he's not getting my vote. I'd even vote for Casey in the general against Rohrer, that's how much it pisses me off.

I don't currently pay any payroll tax being self employed. 999 would mean I now have to pay a federal sales tax on all my purchases.
    Well if the logic behind the sales tax aspect is similar to the fair tax people, you are already paying that tax on purchases, it is just hidden in the cost of goods and services. Being self employed myself I know this to be the case, because the minimum mark up I put on a product that I sell takes into account the fact that I have to pay tax on my income. When I read the fair tax book several years ago, they claimed that the prices of goods would not increase because when the hidden tax is removed the price would go down. At least that is how I recall it.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Well if the logic behind the sales tax aspect is similar to the fair tax people, you are already paying that tax on purchases, it is just hidden in the cost of goods and services. Being self employed myself I know this to be the case, because the minimum mark up I put on a product that I sell takes into account the fact that I have to pay tax on my income. When I read the fair tax book several years ago, they claimed that the prices of goods would not increase because when the hidden tax is removed the price would go down. At least that is how I recall it.
    You're assuming that sellers would lower the price of goods to reflect their lower costs. They won't.

You're assuming that sellers would lower the price of goods to reflect their lower costs. They won't.
    If it means being competitive I would. If I can get the business by lowering my price, I do it. Do it all the time in fact. But there is a point where I will walk away from business if I am not making enough of a margin. I don't have to do that often, but I have passed on some orders because there isn't enough margin.

it introduces a new tax. no thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    it introduces a new tax. no thank you
    And that is my biggest issue with it. All that being said though, I would have to read the legislation if and when it hits Congress before I make a final decision. As I said I am personally more so in favor of a flat tax, and that goes all the way back to when Steve Forbes proposed it.

I'll be seeing Sam tomorrow at an event here in town. If the subject comes up, or I am able to speak with him on the issue I will report back what I find.

Ask him why he doesn't support Ron Paul's 'Restore America Plan' instead of this 9-9-9 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HigherVision View Post
    Ask him why he doesn't support Ron Paul's 'Restore America Plan' instead of this 9-9-9 thing.
    this. his opinion on ron paul is paramount to my decision whether to support him or not.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rohrer just posted a facebook update. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rohrer...05392546155520

He has been endorsed by Cain, which is good because his endorsement likely means a lot.

However Rohrer does not advocate the 999 plan, but instead a flat tax.

So we know for sure he wants to repeal the 16th amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Rohrer just posted a facebook update. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rohrer...05392546155520

He has been endorsed by Cain, which is good because his endorsement likely means a lot.

Still liking Scaringi better.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post

Happy to see this as I am a flat tax guy myself.

Cain endorsement makes me less likely to vote for him. I hate Cain's tax plans.

Cain endorsement makes me less likely to vote for him. I hate Cain's tax plans.
    I don't like the details. But I like the idea of reforming the tax system, which from what I am reading is what Rohrer is supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    I don't like the details. But I like the idea of reforming the tax system, which from what I am reading is what Rohrer is supporting.
    This whole assocation with Cain is really turning me off to Rohrer sorry. Cain was a walking disaster.

This whole assocation with Cain is really turning me off to Rohrer sorry. Cain was a walking disaster.
    I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Still liking Scaringi better.
    I do too but since he's only polling half of what Rohrer is it might be a choice between good: Rohrer, and bad: the establishment. And a vote for Scaringi could be a vote for bad.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Smith is running prime time major network ads tonight. Actually they aren't that bad. Says he would never vote to raise the debt ceiling.

Cain endorsement is not something to brag about.

It's a shame the state gop endorsed this guy.

Welch Takes Flak for PAGOP Endorsement Practices
    http://www.politicspa.com/welch-take...actices/31768/
    http://www.politicspa.com/does-tom-c...n-chaos/32550/
    “My understanding is that he did this as part of ‘Operation Chaos,’” Corbett said.
    But there’s a problem. Welch switched from Republican to Democrat in 2005, not 2008.
    ‘Operation Chaos’ had nothing to do with it.

And once again, the guys from The Conservative Declaration talk about the exact same thing as us in here.

http://www.conservativedeclaration.c...m-rohrer-news/ The Sam Rohrer stuff starts about 19 minutes in.

I'm starting to think they must read this forum.
    Last edited by jeremiah89; 03-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah89 View Post
    And once again, the guys from The Conservative Declaration talk about the exact same thing as us in here.

http://www.conservativedeclaration.c...m-rohrer-news/ The Sam Rohrer stuff starts about 19 minutes in.

I'm starting to think they must read this forum.
    I think the whole media does.

Just saw that Sam is doing a "Red Truck Tour". 100 stops in less than 30 days. Damn good retail politics there.

Also an update from the "Conservative Declaration" guys that have been covering this race closely.

"On our show last night Adam said he didn’t expect Sam to push very hard for the 9-9-9 plan and that he believed it would never pass. He also said he believed Rohrer primarily said he supported it to get the support of former Cain Supporters across the Commonwealth and to expand his base. After reading Rohrer’s comments on the 9-9-9 plan I am lead to believe that is exactly what he was doing and he has succeeded now that Cain has made an endorsement.

Sam had this to say, “I am grateful for Herman Cain’s support in this campaign and stand with him in his fight for tax reform,” he also added, “Federal and state governments have for too long remained locked into tax policies that are often antiquated, inefficient and ultimately destructive to the free-enterprise system and economic growth. I support the major components of the Cain plan such as lowering rates; reducing the credits and deductions and moving toward a flat tax.” But the comment Rohrer made that most eased my concerns was when he said, “I support the concepts of moving away from the payroll tax, particularly Medicare and shifting toward a consumption tax, and will aggressively work for them if elected to the US Senate.”

Although on principal I am opposed to a federal income tax, it is constitutional so long as it is apportioned, the only way I personally can support a federal sales (consumption) tax is if the income tax is eliminated. Based on what I am hearing from Rohrer, it sounds as though he wouldn’t actually support 9-9-9 as Herman Cain presented it, but rather as a phase out program to eliminate the income tax and the ruthless IRS.

Although I am not 100% behind his decision to publicly sign on to the 9-9-9 plan, it probably was a good political move, I just don’t particularly care for it. Sam’s recent endorsement by Cain, along with GOA, should give him a considerable boost in the polls that he was already leading and he shouldn’t have any trouble getting the endorsement of Michele Bachmann who endorsed his campaign for governor and credits Rohrer for inspiring her to run for Congress in the first place. This may very well be the push he needs to carry him the rest of the way through the primary and beat the establishment hand-picked, Steve Welch who is quite possibly the most dangerous candidate running."
    Last edited by tbone717; 03-23-2012 at 06:26 AM.

You know what? The last couple days I've been seriously reconsidering my support of Sam. If I'm honest with myself, I do like Mark better. And he has publicly endorsed Ron. That my friend, is huge for me. Not riding around town on the "red truck tour" with Herman Cain. Well, there will be free pizza and a photo op. (In Camp Hill today.) This doesn't feel rigth to me. Ron Paul was asked in an interview, When is it ok to choose party over principle. Ron's one word reply, "Never." So, I'm gonna go order me some Scaringi yard signs. donate a few bucks and get this show on the road. One month out people. Either $#@! or get off the pot.

^ Same here. Rohrer lost me in the primary with the 999 stuff. I briefly considered voting for him over Scaringi since Rohrer's polling is better and I thought both are decent candidates. But 999 went too far. I guess I could overlook 999 if Rohrer wins the primary and still vote for him in the general. Casey is horrible.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast