Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The atrocities of Joseph Kony are going viral

The atrocities of Joseph Kony are going viral

My facebook is blowing up with people posting this video about Joseph Kony, the leader of the LRA in Uganda.

I expect this to be a hot topic in the next few days as more people learn about it. I think it's great that more people are becoming aware of it, but I just hope it doesn't turn into clamoring for an invasion (unfortunately I've already read comments like that on youtube).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy crap I was watching that while you posted it
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

under paul's policy he would not intervene in this though? or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by hkyhead13 View Post
    Is it a direct threat to the US?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Seems like a very noble cause, but I'd like to see some more info and research..

Interesting timing on the release.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That doesn't mean nothing can be done about it.

Raise money and hire Xe to go in there and take out the bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No. The Lord's Resistance Army is a small, nothing army.

Pfffft...I'll wager some "black op" run by our intelligence services are backing this man.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    from what i have read and heard it seems like no it is not

My youngest had me watch it...its political propaganda at its best for ohbombya

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pfffft...I'll wager some "black op" run by our intelligence services are backing this man.
    That's what I was thinking..

They're all like, "he kidnaps kids and rapes them and gives them guns and..."

and I'm all like "uhh... so why don't they shoot him.."

Something is funny here..

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's what I was thinking..

They're all like, "he kidnaps kids and rapes them and gives them guns and..."

and I'm all like "uhh... so why don't they shoot him.."

Something is funny here..
    That's not something to be suspicious about.

If I was abducted out of my home by scary people when I was 10 years old I would be crying and peeing my pants, not thinking about shooting someone.
    Last edited by Son of Detroit; 03-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.

this is bigger than ohbombya girl this has sentiment...

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post
    That's one of the things not to be suspicious about.

If I was abducted out of my home by scary people when I was 10 years old I would be crying and peeing my pants, not thinking about shooting someone.
    Well it's not impossible, but I'm going to wait this one out a little bit and see if anything surfaces before I go out and get my $30 Kony kit..

All of this talk about Kony is making me want a coney dog.

Mmmmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army

The estimated strength is 500-9000

This seems like a non issue to me only because so many similiar situations exist in the world. Is it bad? yes. Do i have a responsibility to act? no. Unfortunately so many people will have thier emotions manipulated to focus on a situation so far away from home.

Instead of focusing on the crisis in america, the police state, the economy, the welfare state on the brink of bankruptcy here is just another smokescreen.
    Last edited by Hospitaller; 03-07-2012 at 12:08 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well i watched this today about an hour ago and has gone from 40,000 views to 120,000. why cant the ron paul campaign make an inspirational video like this?

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon."
    -Thomas Paine

"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny"
    -Bob Marley

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Peace, love, and happiness.

from what i have read and heard it seems like no it is not
    Then There is no need for the US to declare War there.
    However, If you feel you should do something,, pick up a good rifle and hunt Kony down.

I haven't paid much attention to Uganda since the days of Idi Amin.. A true scumbag and about as evil as this guy seems to be,,
    He was protected and backed by several governments hiding and protected by Saudi Arabia till his death.
    (I would have liked to collect the bounty on him)

What is the price on Kony's head?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Then There is no need for the US to declare War there.
    However, If you feel you should do something,, pick up a good rifle and hunt Kony down.

I haven't paid much attention to Uganda since the days of Idi Amin.. A true scumbag and about as evil as this guy seems to be,,
    He was protected and backed by several governments hiding and protected by Saudi Arabia till his death.
    (I would have liked to collect the bounty on him)

What is the price on Kony's head?
    Funny how a government sactioned killing is OK, a subject you are close to pcosmar? I dont mean to slight you but i do know your history. I am simply making a point about government.

I normally assume that atrocities in resource rich areas are CIA instigated unless there is strong evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitaller View Post
    Funny how a government sactioned killing is OK, a subject you are close to pcosmar? I dont mean to slight you but i do know your history. I am simply making a point about government.
    The question was "would Ron Paul intervene?"
    if it is not a threat to the US, then NO.

But for an individual to follow his conscience, Whether justice or retribution, is up to that individual.

Throwing a little money at it will have little effect on Kony, though it may help some victims.

And though the US would probably not issue Letters of Marque,, some others might.

I have another concern,, and that is with the Global War On Terrorism. This will give reason to focus on Christians as Terrorist.
    (i have long said that the Muslim bashing would come back to bite Christians in the butt) This is an excuse.
    Better that he be removed from the page.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I'd support the cause if they weren't advocating the government give guns to our kids and send them off to fight... seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

Is there anyone wanting to fund an African hunting adventure?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So let me get this straight.

Dude in Africa abducts children. Murders, rapes, mames, and militarizes a bunch of kids. The Ugandan Army can't stop him? lolwut

What these activists want is for the U.S. government to deploy troops (err, "advisors") to this place to teach the Ugandan Army how to find a guy in their homeland? lolwut again

What does it take to get a bunch of Humans to *fight* for their freedom?
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This video didn't make much sense to me
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

ugh...
    "If a nation expects to be
    ignorant and free...
    it expects what never was
    and never will be."

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Phys Op

KONY 2012 (Video)

Everyone I know keeps posting this on Facebook, I'm watching it right now. What do you guys think?

We do have a possible constitutional option to solve this issue. It's called "Letter of Marque and Reprisal "
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution
    [Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.

A "letter of marque and reprisal" would involve permission to cross an international border to effect a reprisal (take some action against an attack or injury) authorized by an issuing jurisdiction to conduct reprisal operations outside its borders.

The U.S. has used this before to capture pirates and Ron Paul suggested this for Bin Laden after September 11th and again in July of 2007.
    He also suggested it for use on pirates in 2009.
    However, the bills he introduced were not enacted into law and we decided to go to "war".

A War is not needed, but we can resolve this issue and help.

KONA thing seems like a bunch of propaganda

The creators main point is that "KONA" steals children and indoctrinates them, however he himself uses his own son in the video and teaches his son "KONA" is evil, thereby indoctrinating his own son with a political agenda. Seems contradictory.
    Last edited by squarepusher; 03-07-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast