Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kony 2012 - This won't be the last you see of this, so you may as well watch it now

Quote Originally Posted by Toureg89 View Post
    marque and reprisal...
    A basic overview
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_marque

Basically wiki covers it. I had studied it in a Law Library years ago.

First,, someone would have to make a claim of losses (outrage over it is not sufficient)
    If a governing body approves and letters are issued,,
    Then they could attempt to recover those losses.

This has nothing to do with Government forces,, nor is it a Government Hiring Mercs.

Nor is it a targeted Hit.

It is the taking of Booty.
    It's a pirate thing,, you probably wouldn't understand.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A basic overview
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_marque

Basically wiki covers it. I had studied it in a Law Library years ago.

1. First,, someone would have to make a claim of losses (outrage over it is not sufficient)
    If a governing body approves and letters are issued,,
    2. Then they could attempt to recover those losses.

3. This has nothing to do with Government forces,, nor is it a Government Hiring Mercs.

Nor is it a targeted Hit.

It is the taking of Booty.
    4. It's a pirate thing,, you probably wouldn't understand.
    1. as i said earlier, the LRA has a history of targeting foreign civilians. their history being know in scant detail, one of their victims could very well have been an american person or ngo. if such a case exists (it does for spanish, portugese, french, and british civilians, its not far off to think there might have been an american victim somewhere), there goes the claim of losses.

2. the LRA probably has a stockpile of weapons, ammo, cash, and vehicles. im sure thats worth something to some one.

3. i dont believe i claimed MnR having anything to do with soldiers or mercs...i just simply said the constitutional alternative to an unconstitutional war would be MnR, and then later added the premise that they had created a victim out of an american person or ngo (which could be forprofit or nonprofit).

i dont see how MnR wouldnt cover this

4. please dont assume that i dont know basic American history. MnR was crafted in response to the Barbary pirates (an issue of contension between me an NeoCons on another site who like to use that example and the fact that TJ owned a Quran to claim the FF were gearing up for war with an immortal enemy, the muhammaden). i dont claim to know the specifics, but you have yet to tell me where this wouldnt be a possible course of action, that is unless if a thorough investigation finds the LRA has not ever victimized an American.

5. most people dont know about MnR. its possible that an american or their family who was victimized by the LRA didnt know that they could lobby a claim with the american government, or that they would even think the american government would care.

but with so much attention on the issue, if their is a legit case of the LRA having victimized an american, it wouldnt be unconstitutional to move forward with MnR against Kony, allowing for the specifics (the legislative steps that you pointed out) have been followed.

but i dont see what the big deal is in using MnR to protect Americans abroad against predators with a known history.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

iirc, bin Laden wasnt a pirate. ive never heard of him stealing a cruise liner or shipping vessel. but he did victimize 3,000 plus americans. we all know RP did an MnR on bin laden in response to the NeoCon push for the War on Terror.

i dont see how the case is different with Kony. the only difference will be the scale of the victimization: Kony, if he has killed or harmed any americans, would have done so to a lot less of them than bin Laden has...
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

iirc, bin Laden wasnt a pirate. ive never heard of him stealing a cruise liner or shipping vessel. but he did victimize 3,000 plus americans. we all know RP did an MnR on bin laden in response to the NeoCon push for the War on Terror.

i dont see how the case is different with Kony. the only difference will be the scale of the victimization: Kony, if he has killed or harmed any americans, would have done so to a lot less of them than bin Laden has...
    Did you read?
    The issue of marque and reprisal was raised before Congress after the September 11 attacks[31] and again on July 21, 2007, by Congressman Ron Paul. The attacks were defined as acts of "air piracy" and the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001 was introduced, which would have granted the president the authority to use letters of marque and reprisal against the specific terrorists, instead of warring against a foreign state. The terrorists were compared to pirates in that they are difficult to fight by traditional military means.[32] Congressman Paul on April 15, 2009, also advocated the use of letters of marque to address the issue of Somali pirates operating in the Gulf of Aden. However, the bills Congressman Paul introduced were not enacted into law.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Marque and Reprisal is NOT applicable to Kony.
    If you are "outraged" and want to "Do Something" get a ticket and a Gun.

Go
    DO

Do not rant and rave for someone else (anyone else) to do your killing for you.

He is very likely being protected by the same governments that condemn him.

Every other evil warlord in that area has been.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-09-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

"Undeclared wars are good when it's FOR THE CHILDREN."

I am a bit disappointed that some RPF members are falling for this WAR PROPAGANDA.
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While my heart goes out to the actual children who are impacted by a man like this, I cannot overlook the ignorance of the people who so quickly rally around a cause in a distant land and completely and willfully ignore the cause in their own back yards.

I am more sickened by the willfully ignorant who will see participating in this cause as their excuse to continue to be willfully ignorant of the slaughter that is happening right under their collective noses.

Our interest in Sudan and Uganda couldn't possibly because they have untapped oil reserves could it?

Yo, lets get an RPF intervention here. that money would be good for the cause. Lets get his ass. and his head. I still hold the position that getting a ticket and a gun is suicide, and that any organized effort would result in the TPTB arresting all involved. This is certainly a trickbag.

At the same time it aint right for people to advocate sending in the military to fight a battle that is outside of their purpose. I would call them cowards, except that there is NO WAY to volunteer and go there and... fight kids?
    Last edited by bolil; 03-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne373 View Post
    "Undeclared wars are good when it's FOR THE CHILDREN."

I am a bit disappointed that some RPF members are falling for this WAR PROPAGANDA.
    out of the first 4 pages i read, i only saw the OP as even hinting towards advocating for a war...i dont see why thats dissappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    1. Marque and Reprisal is NOT applicable to Kony.
    2.. If you are "outraged" and want to "Do Something" get a ticket and a Gun.

Go
    DO

3. Do not rant and rave for someone else (anyone else) to do your killing for you.

He is very likely being protected by the same governments that condemn him.

Every other evil warlord in that area has been.
    1. obviously i am ignorant of the specifics of the law, but looking up the term piracy, there isnt a differentiation between land, sea, or air.
    Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence at sea. The term can include acts committed on land, in the air, or in other major bodies of water or on a shore.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy

now if the law itself doesnt include acts on land, then obviously, we shouldnt break the constitution trying to go after Kony. but on the face value of it, piracy, for which MnR was a political engineering by the FF in response to it, includes the land, as well as the sea and air. that is where i assumed too much.

2. and you yourself are assuming too much. go back and read my 2nd post of this thread.

3. i take it you didnt read my 2nd response, cuz no where in this thread have i said anyone should be killing Kony for me. in fact, i quoted and agreed with someone who said quite the same thing about about starting a war with the LRA. but to assume because the i thought MnR applied to Kony that i was also obsessed with having him, you took a step too far. i am merely saying, IF MnR does constitutionally apply to him, then in the face of popular disgust and with evidence of his victimization of Americans, then it should be used against him. but if it doesnt apply to him, i could care less about the cause to have him killed. but morally, if he has killed an american, that makes him no different than bin Laden. both are predators. just on specifically preys on us and is easily addressable by the law, the other preys on whomever and isnt easily addressable by the law.
    Last edited by Toureg89; 03-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.

this

this

this. if we are going to violently steal money from americans, the least we can do as freedom lovers until we can abolish the IRS is make sure as much of the confiscated wealth as possible is spent on fellow americans.

this. except because of not only Ugandan, International, as well as, and sadly, American regulations, youll have to get the gun on the blackmarket in the bush rather than being able to fly with one from america.

once again, this. kony is the untintended consequences of international gun control and corrupt organizations vying for power. even the organizations that have been enenemies of Kony have probably used child soldiers or committed human rights violations. in the end, people shouldnt be fighting for one group or another, but defending themselves against whichever group decides to attack them.

but with gun control and forced allegiance to state (who, in africa, is just the successful warlord or despotic general), this is not possible.

remove that, and the people who care can prove it by hopping on a plane with their ar15s.
    where in here do i say i want to send nonvolunteers to kill Kony or i show how i am obsessed with killing. if you read this response, imo, Kony is only the result of the untinded consequences of the statist governments in the region, and that killing him wont change anything.

my desire to kill Kony extends as far as the fact of whether or not he has killed an American and whether or not its legal and constitutional to do so.

because i assumed MnR covered onland victimization of americans as the definition itself can be used for, is not the same to say i am obsessed with having him killed.

that makes him no different than bin Laden. both are predators. just on specifically preys on us and is easily addressable by the law, the other preys on whomever and isnt easily addressable by the law.
    You know,, i was quite impressed that Ron Paul knew of and proposed this very obscure old law as an alternative way of dealing with 9/11.

And as the propaganda Machine was winding up and Bin Ladin was in the cross-hairs, Ron proposed it.

HOWEVER,, after extensive investigation there was NO evidence found to link Osama Bin Ladin to 9/11.
    Still he is the accepted boogieman.
    Both Saudi Arabia and Israel were more likely involved than Bin Ladin.

While I respect Ron for trying to diffuse the war chants,, he failed to do so. And Letters of Marque are brought up often,, but are usually not even applicable,, even if they were a recognized law.

And Uganda??

Look at the history.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

9/11 was an inside job get over it!

Can we get off this Kony crap to? We got bigger problems of our own. I don't want my kids being like the Kony kids.

I hope Michael Scheuer can provide his thoughts on this.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gee, so this whole Kony thing couldn't possibly be a BIG $#@!ING DISTRACTION... could it?
    Lets remember that we are on the eve of another war, scratch that, police action with IRAN or SYRIA... proof to those of you who say the government is inept that they are actually very effective/familiar with the proper way to manipulate people.
    Best of luck in life.

/edit

from 14 oct 2011. so US troops are already there. genius.

WASHINGTON -- President Obama is sending about 100 U.S. troops to central Africa to help local forces battle the Lord's Resistance Army, a rebel group that the administration says has waged a campaign of murder, rape and kidnapping for more than two decades.

Obama said Friday the troops will act as advisers in efforts to hunt down rebel leader Joseph Kony but will not engage in combat except in self-defense, according to a letter to Congress that was obtained by Fox News.

The White House says the first troops arrived in Uganda on Wednesday. Ultimately, they will also deploy in South Sudan, the Central African Republic and Congo.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1odXYpYLo
    Last edited by randomname; 03-09-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    That didn't take long...
    100 TROOPS = A HECK OF A LOT OF ADVISORS??

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    That didn't take long...
    Obama Sends U.S. Troops to Central Africa to Aid Campaign Against Rebel Group

Published October 14, 2011

Been there a while.

And this is why I KEEP SAYING
    Read some history.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I'm just concerned about whether Obama got UN/NATO authority to send troops there

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Nubraskan View Post

I'm a firm believer of a constitutional foreign policy. I'm a firm believer that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were a mistake. I don't want to be the policeman of the world. But how can I provide meaningful support to stopping this guy without supporting sending American troops overseas. I never abandon my principles, but it's difficult not to in this case.
    If you do more research, you will find that this guy doesn't have much power anymore. Ugandans took care of him 4 years ago.

We need to stop falling for the mentality that Africans can't take care of themselves.
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

My entire experience with KONY2012. I saw the headlines about Obama sending troops to Uganda months ago. I was mad, and everyone who I told about it was mad as well. Other than me relaying the information, most I know had no clue we had active military in Uganda. The other day I receive an invitation for a local march for KONY2012. I had no idea what it was so I googled it and watched the video. I was disgusted. Not at Kony or the L.R.A. but at the video itself. I was disgusted that a four year campaign couldn't muster enough support through facts, logic and personal responsibility, while the concept of activism was made into a bandwagon. What I gathered from Kony 2012, is that average joe is more likely to take up arms over a 30 minute youtube video based on lies, misinformation and a heart gripping musical score, one which he would never have done if his friends hadn't pressured him into doing so, than he would to save his own life, liberty and rights. It's disgusting the world we live in. This literally dealt me a philosophical blow that will take me weeks to process.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I wonder who made this video...it screams propaganda.
    Yeah, same impression I got. I googled this group and there are lots of complaints about them too.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How would you help?

If you care about it, begin a fund to raise money, and then hire a mercenary organization to take him out. Soldiers who volunteered to defend this country should not be forced into international wild goose chases.

I saw the owners of Invisible Children being interviewed on CNN and they didn't answer any of the questions directly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nubraskan View Post
    I'm a firm believer of a constitutional foreign policy. I'm a firm believer that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were a mistake. I don't want to be the policeman of the world. But how can I provide meaningful support to stopping this guy without supporting sending American troops overseas. I never abandon my principles, but it's difficult not to in this case.
    No it ain't. Joseph Kony is on the ropes. He can barely outfight teenagers armed with bows and arrows. The reason he hasn't been wiped out already is the Ugandan government doesn't want him wiped out because he's keeping their enemies in Northern Uganda in check. The 100 U.S. troops sent there already haven't wiped him out because Obama wants a toe-hold into Africa for his NWO masters. Don't be a sucker. If war can be justified on "humanitarian grounds" in Uganda then why the hell stop there? Were do you stop? Zimbabwe? Congo? This is where you are headed:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...9&d=1236491072

Cliff notes version: The "civilized" countries are the "core". The "uncivilized" countries are the "gap". The countries in between are the "seam". The "core" countries must invade all of the "gap" countries in order to "civilize" the entire world. In other words, World War III.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    I put my thoughts into a video, after watching Kony 2012... FWIW

Hey, I'm a KIVA donor too! Cool! We need to form a Ron Paul group there.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Hey, I'm a KIVA donor too! Cool! We need to form a Ron Paul group there.
    Join team Ron Paul! http://www.kiva.org/team/team_ron_paul/recruit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234