Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012 - This won't be the last you see of this, so you may as well watch it now

If only the the death of 500,000 Iraqi children because of US sanctions had gotten this much attention...

Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this $#@! is seriously pissing me off.

the Green Berets are there. and who the f**k knows what other black ops. the US .gov is using the AUMF to "justify".

where the $#@! were you people when mass genocide in Rwanda was occurring?

go feed some hungry people here
    and bring our $#@!ing troops the $#@! home. they've been fighting a humanitarian war across the world for 10 $#@!ing years now.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Reported. Language. Stay classy.
    $#@! you.

you know it hits close to home.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this, so...why are they doing their day of action thing on 4/20? Seems like a less-than-desirable day to expect young kids to go out and canvass against an African war lord.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    this $#@! is seriously pissing me off.

the Green Berets are there. and who the f**k knows what other black ops. the US .gov is using the AUMF to "justify".

go feed some hungry people here
    and bring our $#@!ing troops the $#@! home. they've been fighting a humanitarian war across the world for 10 $#@!ing years now.
    Preach, sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    I know I'm not the only one thinking this, so...why are they doing their day of action thing on 4/20? Seems like a less-than-desirable day to expect young kids to go out and canvass against an African war lord.
    4/19 - 4/21, the elite seem to admire these dates.

This is part of what got me thinking this might be propaganda.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Kindergarten I think.

$#@! you.

you know it hits close to home.
    Who are you responding to? Apparently I never posted multiple times in this thread.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Who are you responding to? Apparently I never posted in this thread.
    It seems Kony not only abducts children but RPF posts as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Preach, sister.
    What happened to your open borderness?
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    What happened to your open borderness?
    I think it is a strong, philosophically grounded belief that people not aggress against others who haven't hurt anybody.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I wonder who made this video...it screams propaganda.
    Bingo!

This should be in Hot Topics or some other obscure sub forum that garners little or no attention.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

I'm a firm believer of a constitutional foreign policy. I'm a firm believer that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were a mistake. I don't want to be the policeman of the world. But how can I provide meaningful support to stopping this guy without supporting sending American troops overseas. I never abandon my principles, but it's difficult not to in this case.
    How do YOU stop him?

Step 1
    Buy airline tickets.
    http://www.cheapflights.com/flights/africa/

Step 2
    Buy Guns.

Step 3
    Go kill him.

If you think that sounds extreme, it was done by Americans in WW1 and in other wars like the Spanish civil war.

AA
    Last edited by aaroche26; 08-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.

I found this posted somewhere online. I figured you guys would enjoy this...

I'm getting pretty $#@!ing tired of these dumb-ass 'liberals' and their 'humanitarian wars'. Where were they when 500,000 children died because of our sanctions on Iraq? Where were they when black Africans were being genocided in Libya? Where were they when 250,000,000 fetuses were forcebly aborted in China? Nowhere! And now they have the audacity to get indignant with me because I don't want any more American soliders being killed in world police actions?! $#@! them. If they want to get involved then go fight yourself. But don't send someone who took an oath to the Constitution and to protect our national defense over to a $#@!hole country just so you can be on your petty little power trip of feeling like a social activist.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

After finally being able to watch the whole video, I think this other video pretty much depicts my sad view of the events.

Oh dear....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOq1vQIt4UU
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    Konys been up to this for 25 years why all of a sudden does everyone give a $#@!?
    if you wanna stop him get a gun and a plane ticket
    9:05 into it I just about threw up. What a crock of $#@!. This guy was there and supposedly cared so much why not purchse a gun off the black market there and go hunting for Kony yourself. Because you would rather have me and others do the fighting for you? and on what authority does he have to send me or anyone off to some distance land to die? oh right, (he made a promise) propaganda piece to support Obama having sent 100 troops into Uganda already. This crap is non of our business, i'm sick of playing world cop and then having our embassys bombed, and payback for intervention into something we have no business being in. Does this guy have any idea why they flew planes into the world trade center? I ask, why stop at Uganda? Let's invade North korea, Cambodia, Iran, Syria, etc... F**K this.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    I'm getting pretty $#@!ing tired of these dumb-ass 'liberals' and their 'humanitarian wars'. Where were they when 500,000 children died because of our sanctions on Iraq? Where were they when black Africans were being genocided in Libya? Where were they when 250,000,000 fetuses were forcebly aborted in China? Nowhere! And now they have the audacity to get indignant with me because I don't want any more American soliders being killed in world police actions?! $#@! them. If they want to get involved then go fight yourself. But don't send someone who took an oath to the Constitution and to protect our national defense over to a $#@!hole country just so you can be on your petty little power trip of feeling like a social activist.
    AMEN!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++ rep ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I think some of you are a bit harsh.

Take it easy.

Good lord.

But, I agree. I don't want out boys over there. This has been going on for such a long time, all over Africa. Hire some mercenaries.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Three of a kind ad footage, and a quote from RP.

Did anyone see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...b_1327417.html? - The Problem With Invisible Children's "Kony 2012"

Are Americans allowed these days to sign up for foreign militias or armies? Unlike those hipsters I know how to fire a gun. How long do you think they stayed with the troops before running back to America on a plane?
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 03-07-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    Are Americans allowed these days to sign up for foreign militias or armies? Unlike those hipsters I know how to fire a gun. How long do you think they stayed with the troops before running back to America on a plane?
    Long enough for the photo

AA
    Last edited by aaroche26; 08-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.

This is President Obama with Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo and their wives. Condoleeza Rice called this man a friend. This is who he is:

Born into the Esangui clan in Acoacán, Obiang joined the military during the colonial period, and attended the Military Academy in Zaragoza, Spain. He achieved the rank of lieutenant after his uncle, Francisco Macías Nguema, was elected the country's first president. Under Macías, Obiang held various jobs, including governor of Bioko and leader of the National Guard. He was also head of Black Beach Prison, which was notorious for subjecting inmates to severe torture.

After Macías ordered the murders of several members of his own family—including Obiang's brother—Obiang and others in Macías' inner circle feared the president had gone insane. Obiang overthrew his uncle on 3 August 1979 in a bloody coup d'état. Macías was placed on trial for his activities over the previous decade and sentenced to death. His activities had included the genocide of the Bubi. He was executed on 29 September 1979 by firing squad.

Obiang declared that the new government would make a fresh start from Macías' brutal and repressive regime. He granted amnesty to political prisoners and ended the previous regime's system of forced labor. However, virtually no mention was made of his own role in the atrocities of his uncle's rule.

A new constitution was adopted in 1982. At the same time, Obiang was elected to a seven-year term as president; he was the only candidate. He was reelected in 1989, again as the only candidate. After other parties were permitted to organize, he was reelected in 1996 and 2002 with 98 per cent of the vote in elections condemned as fraudulent by international observers. In 2002, for instance, at least one precinct was recorded as giving Obiang 103 percent of the vote.

He was reelected for a fourth term in 2009 with 97% of the vote, again amid accusations of fraud and intimidation, beating opposition leader Plácido Micó Abogo.

Abuses under Obiang have included "unlawful killings by security forces; government-sanctioned kidnappings; systematic torture of prisoners and detainees by security forces; life threatening conditions in prisons and detention facilities; impunity; arbitrary arrest, detention, and incommunicado detention."

In July 2003, state-operated radio reported that Obiang was "the country's god" and had "all power over men and things." It added that the president was "in permanent contact with the Almighty" and "can decide to kill without anyone calling him to account and without going to hell." He personally made similar comments in 1993. Despite these comments, he still claims that he is a devout Catholic and was invited to the Vatican by John Paul II and again by Benedict XVI. Macías had also proclaimed himself a god.

Obiang has encouraged his cult of personality by ensuring that public speeches end in well-wishing for himself rather than for the republic. Many important buildings have a presidential lodge, many towns and cities have streets commemorating Obiang's coup against Macías, and many people wear clothes with his face printed on them.

Like his predecessor and other African dictators such as Idi Amin and Mobutu Sese Seko, Obiang has assigned to himself several creative titles. Among them are "gentleman of the great island of Bioko, Annobón and Río Muni." He also refers to himself as El Jefe (the boss).

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No Amerika needs Ron Paul

evadmurd

Alright. I finally watched this video....and I was amazed.

Amazed at the power of the people to rise up and bring an important issue to light? No, we have already done that and have shown the ability of the people to get the word out. Ron Paul people are (or at least were) the standard of activism.

I AM amazed that, given the success of this organization, that they would want the government involved at all. This is where they lose it for me.

I am all for getting this guy, Kony. He's an evil dirtball to the nth degree. But why get the government bureaucrats involved to muck it up, spend millions if not billions, and create another blowback scenario (remember a young Saudi name bin Laden?)? Haven't we learned just how inept the government is yet?

What a perfect opportunity they have (we have if you're part of it) to really show what the people can do. The people should put this guy down (better yet capture him alive and turn him over to the officials). But do it WITHOUT the government. They need their own "consultants" to advise, infiltrate and capture. Keep the government out of this.

Someone mentioned the marque and reprisal route. That is an interesting, and perhaps, a viable option. But to get Congress to actually commit to something like that would be a long shot, IMO. It is too constitutional. I would like to hear the likes of Ron, Rand, the judge, and other constitutional thinkers weigh in on that option.

I'd like to get this guy captured--not killed--and brought to justice by the people, NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

What a golden opportunity for the global cause of liberty (NOT democracy).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I wonder who made this video...it screams propaganda.
    It screams Obama propaganda to me. Mark my words Kony will be captured before November and Obama will hold a press conference.
    Get your bitcoin hat at www.gettoknowbitcoin.com Learn about bitcoin and get updated news.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowan View Post
    We do have a possible constitutional option to solve this issue. It's called "Letter of Marque and Reprisal "
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution
    [Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.

A "letter of marque and reprisal" would involve permission to cross an international border to effect a reprisal (take some action against an attack or injury) authorized by an issuing jurisdiction to conduct reprisal operations outside its borders.

The U.S. has used this before to capture pirates and Ron Paul suggested this for Bin Laden after September 11th and again in July of 2007.
    He also suggested it for use on pirates in 2009.
    However, the bills he introduced were not enacted into law and we decided to go to "war".

A War is not needed, but we can resolve this issue and help.
    I agree with this. When I watched the video last night, I kept wondering if the money spent/raised by the organization would be of good use if they put a bounty on Kony, and got a private firm to get him out?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast