Thread: America needs a strong 3rd party. Dr. Paul should officially join the Libertarian Party.

America needs a strong 3rd party. Dr. Paul should officially join the Libertarian Party.

This has nothing to do with running as a 3rd party candidate.

America needs a strong 3rd party. The republicans will be severely weakened after 2012 because of how the Establishment treated Dr. Paul (especially if the party loses to Obama).

Maybe Dr. Paul should leave the republican party and join the Libertarian Party.

I have to believe that at least 40% of his supporters would register Libertarian.

The Libertarians wouldn't become dominate overnight. It might take 8 or more years, but the two-party stranglehold on America has to be broken.

This could be another one of Dr Paul's legacies if not his greatest.
    "WE..as a group NOW have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it." Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't happen. Two parties write the rules to mutual benefit. So the only way to change or erase these rules is to be one of the parties writing them.

If the liberty movement becomes large enough it could become a third party.
    Last edited by anaconda; 03-07-2012 at 12:58 AM.

I wonder what the Libertarian party would think of this. They already have a presidential candidate in Gary Johnson. Would they support someone stepping in in his place, especially someone who left for the Republican party? I'm not sure they'd have such a favorable view.

I'd definitely agree that we need more parties.

Ron Paul is already a member of the Libertarian party and has been for a long time.

Paul is a third party running inside of another. MAVERICK

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherShelley View Post
    Paul is a third party running inside of another. MAVERICK
    Not really -- Ron Paul is calling the Republican Party back to its roots of limited Constitutional government. It is my hope that many more just like him will rise up and run for office and assure his success whether he is in the white house or not. He is the hope of restoring the republic IF we view it as a marathon rather than a sprint. If we view it as each one of us having a role to play in the process and we insist on limited government in our city, county, district, and state. I support the concept of third parties, but the practical matter is that we function with two and people need to pick one and make it be what it 'says' it is IMO.

It remains to be seen whether the people on this forum will continue to have an impact or not. I hope so, but I have had little success convincing many of you here that your language and character matters in this process. Many are watching and choosing not to participate HERE because of the foul language and obvious amoral agenda encountered.

Advocating freedom should not encompass an endorsement of wickedness. It is possible to hold up the standard of righteousness and call people to a 'better way' while recognizing that actions have consequences. I understand this may not be a popular message, but it needs to be said. You might choose to live wisely and speak with temperance and point the way at the same time. It remains up to each one of us individually and collectively wherever we choose to come together...

Been there, done that. Pointless.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by scrosnoe View Post
    Not really -- Ron Paul is calling the Republican Party back to its roots of limited Constitutional government. It is my hope that many more just like him will rise up and run for office and assure his success whether he is in the white house or not. He is the hope of restoring the republic IF we view it as a marathon rather than a sprint. If we view it as each one of us having a role to play in the process and we insist on limited government in our city, county, district, and state. I support the concept of third parties, but the practical matter is that we function with two and people need to pick one and make it be what it 'says' it is IMO.

It remains to be seen whether the people on this forum will continue to have an impact or not. I hope so, but I have had little success convincing many of you here that your language and character matters in this process. Many are watching and choosing not to participate HERE because of the foul language and obvious amoral agenda encountered.

Advocating freedom should not encompass an endorsement of wickedness. It is possible to hold up the standard of righteousness and call people to a 'better way' while recognizing that actions have consequences. I understand this may not be a popular message, but it needs to be said. You might choose to live wisely and speak with temperance and point the way at the same time. It remains up to each one of us individually and collectively wherever we choose to come together...
    We function with two because those two have made that true by force. America is a huge, diverse nation. Two political parties are not enough for the wide range of views held by us.
    www.paultheway.com -Encourage Ron Paul To Run All the Way to the End.

I got the letter from Paul the other day asking me what should he do - continue to struggle with GOP nomination or drop out.

My response -- switch to the Libertarian Party by May 4th so you can seek the nomination as Gary Johnson VP.

Avoids sore loser laws. Puts Governor at top of ticket. Puts Paul in position that he's had 30 year of experience at - working with Congress. All the 'no one but Ron Paul' people won't have to throw away their vote by writing him in since he'll be on the ballot in all 50 states.

To be a 3rd party is to be excluded from the debates. Ask Nader.

If Ron switches to the LP, Rand has no future left in the GOP. While Rand isn't perfect, Ron isn't going to do anything to screw up Rand's future...
    -- Greg Vernon

History reveres those who keep fighting even as any chance of victory has long since passed.

Ask Ron Paul Supporters why they support him. PM Me to be able to answer questions.
    We Support Ron Paul on Twitter

I am a moderate Libertarian but that party is going nowhere.

Ron would easily be able to establishment himself and our movement within the Indy Party which has 30-35% of the voters. Libertarians aren't even 1%, hence would be a waste of time.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Hello Every Body !!!!

It remain still to be seen whether the people on this forum will continue to have an impact or not. I hope so, but I have had little
    success convincing many of you here that your language and character matters in this process. Many are watching and choosing not
    to participate HERE because of the foul language and obvious amoral agenda encountered.