Thread: SMS to North Dakota Ron Paul supporters offering nearest caucus address

SMS to North Dakota Ron Paul supporters offering nearest caucus address

There's another activity we'd like to add to Grassroots for Liberty's North Dakota GOTV project that we didn't budget for, but which can start if people want to donate for it.

To the ~6,000 Ron Paul supporters we're hoping to identify, we'd like to send the following text message:

Having trouble finding your nearest caucus? Text your ZIP code to xxx-xxx-xxxx to receive the address of your nearest caucus. Voting is until 8pm tonight!
    Volunteers will monitor a Google Voice account, replying to address requests by text message using a spreadsheet I made giving the nearest caucus location for any ZIP code in North Dakota.

The bulk text message will cost $0.03 each (any follow-up replies from Google Voice are free), so let's say $200 total. If you'd like to donate toward this, use the PayPal link at rp2012.org .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should you mention what time voting starts or are you planning to send the text after voting has begun?

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Should you mention what time voting starts or are you planning to send the text after voting has begun?
    This will follow a text message that says this:

Vote 4 Ron Paul today between 530pm & 8pm @ at any caucus location in N. Dakota! Bring photo ID. Meet Ron Paul @ Fargo caucus! Find caucus @ northdakotagop.org

great idea!
    “War is not real to us, but only too real to those that are needlessly killed.
    Violence, when not in one’s own self-defense, can never be justified, no matter how noble the explanation.” -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cdc482 View Post
    great idea!
    Yes, this is what a great idea looks like. ideas that get voters to the polls are great.

How much do we need? I'm a little tired of donating to the Campaign when our problem just seems to be getting uninformed/lazy Paulites to the voting booths. This idea sounds GREAT.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can do this. What do you need other than money?

According to Jun, we only have $10 for this project so far.

Hrm. Maybe we should get started on these things earlier...Let's hope for a decent Super Tuesday!

Start tonight for funding for Hawaii and Missouri which should be our next targets. Both are closed caucuses but you can change registration (or register for the first time) at the caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeal View Post
    Start tonight for funding for Hawaii and Missouri which should be our next targets. Both are closed caucuses but you can change registration (or register for the first time) at the caucus.
    Any registered voter can caucus in MO as long as you voted R in the primary!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Any registered voter can caucus in MO as long as you voted R in the primary!
    The website doesn't say you have to have voted in the primary and you didn't have to in 2008. I moved in 2009 so things may have changed.

Are they planning on a straw poll at the caucuses?

Quote Originally Posted by johndeal View Post
    The website doesn't say you have to have voted in the primary and you didn't have to in 2008. I moved in 2009 so things may have changed.

Are they planning on a straw poll at the caucuses?
    No, just delegate elections as far as I know.