Thread: Israeli Postmen Refuse to Distribute New Testament

Israeli Postmen Refuse to Distribute New Testament

Israel Postal Company workers in Ramat Gan say no to handing out thousands of holy Christian booklets, claiming it goes against halacha laws

Dozens of Israel Postal Company employees in Ramat Gan refused to distribute thousands of copies of the New Testament to city residents. They claimed such distribution is forbidden according to the halacha laws, and might even be illegal.

Both religious and secular postal workers were asked to hand out mail and advertisements on Monday, along with thousands of holy Christian booklets translated into Hebrew. The workers informed their supervisors that they refuse to distribute such materials.

Postal officials discussed the issue with Knesset Member Zevulun Orlev (Habayit Hayehudi), who in turn talked it over with Communications Minister Moshe Kahlon, who demanded to halt the distribution until the matter is legally clarified.

"We always distribute business flyers and we have no problem with that, whether we agree with them or not," one postal employee told Ynet. "But this time it's different. This is missionary material, and from our understanding there's a law against that. It's not a religious issue."

However, one religious mailman explained that distributing the New Testament goes against his word view. "The halacha forbids me from handing out such idolatry material, and when there's a contradiction between my religious belief and what my job requires of me, it's clear to me what I chose," he said. "It's like if my manager were to come and tell me to work on Shabbat."

Continued at http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...198711,00.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Teeheeheehee. Props to the employees for sticking to their convictions.
    Best of luck in life.

lol our "special friends"

Cannot say I blame them , if you want to stick to the scary stuff , then , everything but the New , go with the other three.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-06-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    lol our "special friends"
    And don't forget "Shared values".
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cannot say I blame them , if you want to stick to the scary stuff , then , everything but the New , go with the other three.
    Plus this could be an exercise of their religious freedoms. And it's better than them being lost in the mail through an accidents like these:

Orthodox Jewish youths burn New Testaments in Or Yehuda ...

May 20, 2008 ... City's deputy mayor initiated bonfire of missionary-distributed material,...
    http://www.haaretz.com/.../orthodox-...ehuda-1.246153

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel hit by Bible burning row
    May 21, 2008 ... Israel's Messianic Jews demand an inquiry into the burning of copies of the New
    ... The books were given to the town's Ethiopian Jews by the ...
    news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7413134.stm