Thread: What are the odds for Ron Paul in Kansas?

Question What are the odds for Ron Paul in Kansas?

Realistically, what are we expecting?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lowish. It is likely Santorum county. If he falters, it could go to Gingrich. If the establishment wins, it will be Romney.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 03-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

My wild guess :
    Santorum 48
    Romney 27
    Paul 15
    Grinch 10

In 08 it went big for Huckabee over McCain after Romney had dropped out.

If you can become delegates please try to do so for Santorum/Romeny/Newt so on the 2nd or 3rd vote you switch to Paul. Anyone else think this might be a good idea since Paul wont win this state?

We have a very good shot at 2nd place. Lawrence and Kansas City will be very important.
    But realistically due to the fact that people needed to register Republican a month in advance, Santorum will most likely win by a large margin. I wouldn't expect Romney to do extremely well either, but I'm hopeful that Gingrich will bring Santorum down a little bit.

Plus, March 10th is also the day of the Big 12 Championship. Depending on who is playing (Probably Kansas vs Mizzou), it could stifle the turnout as well.

Most High Schools and some colleges are also on Spring Break.
    Last edited by ichirix; 03-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Just remember that Ron got 16% in 2008, which was twice as much as NH were he was expected to do well.

Sorry, but Ron received 2,182 votes or 11% in 2008 finishing 3rd out of 3.

Maybe, we will do 20% if we are really organized and GOTV.

I think they are aiming at delegates, not a win, but more delegates are better than less delegates. And I'd take the win, if Kansas wanted to give it to us.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    If you can become delegates please try to do so for Santorum/Romeny/Newt so on the 2nd or 3rd vote you switch to Paul. Anyone else think this might be a good idea since Paul wont win this state?
    first fill Ron's delegate slots since they are proportional. Then, sure, be delegates. Get to convention. We are counting on this being a wild one.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I say...

Sandcrazy 32%
    Mitt 29%
    Paul 19%
    Newt 17%
    Other 3%

Zero. He is on a roll.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Intrade: Ron Paul - 0.2% chance of winning Kansas

75% chance of 3rd place.

I don't see the purpose of Paul going to Kansas.

His being there is not going to help the delegate strategy. Just save the money.
    Or better yet. Try to win for a change. Go to a state where there is at least a chance of winning and go there a week in advance and STAY there. And advertise.

I'm sorry the more I think about it the more *^#$! I get. When have they ever tried hard to win since Iowa? They have always ALWAYS spread themselves too thin. They have always ALWAYS spent only a day or two in a state when they should have spent a week.

For example, Why isn't Paul spending the next week in Hawaii? Kansas is idiotic. There is NO time there to convince the voters. How much TV advertising? How many campaign events? I'll tell you, not enough.