Thread: In the National Parks....signs say "Don't Feed the Animals". Why? Because the animals get

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In the National Parks....signs say "Don't Feed the Animals". Why? Because the animals get

I have to share this quote. Some random guy on FB just toss this on a thread.

"In the National Parks....signs say "Don't Feed the Animals". Why? Because the animals get use to handouts and lose the ability to fend for themselves. Sound familiar?"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do you hate po people so much? Racist!
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Yeah and if you stop feeding them they'll turn on ya

Yeaw that bear you are feeding the grapes, is going to want some meat afterwards and if you can't supply it he will eat YOU.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by dmo069 View Post
    Isn't It Ironic? The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

What a country!
    Funny.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by whippoorwill View Post
    I have to share this quote. Some random guy on FB just toss this on a thread.

"In the National Parks....signs say "Don't Feed the Animals". Why? Because the animals get use to handouts and lose the ability to fend for themselves. Sound familiar?"
    I copied this and put it on my Facebook wall. About two minutes this popped up as the status of someone on my friends list:

i've been seeing alot of stuff about people getting hand outs and all that jazz. I'm not ashamed to admit that i get help from social services. This does not mean i don't know how to take care of myself..it means i need help. There are people who abuse it and i see it everytime i go to SS. I guess some people are lucky enough that they don't need help. Unless you've wondered where your next meal is coming from i would kindly ask ya to shut it. Thanks :~)
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

This does not mean i don't know how to take care of myself..it means i need help. There are people who abuse it and i see it everytime i go to SS.
    When does "See Something, Say Something" start getting applied to these sorts of things?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    When does "See Something, Say Something" start getting applied to these sorts of things?
    I think my favorite part of it all is that she assumes that since I don't beg the government for everything that I have that I must have no struggles at all. I guess she was not paying attention on nights when I have gone hungry so my kids could eat and when I have sat for 10+ hours in the freezing cold to sell stuff so my kids could have the basics of life.
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I think my favorite part of it all is that she assumes that since I don't beg the government for everything that I have that I must have no struggles at all. I guess she was not paying attention on nights when I have gone hungry so my kids could eat and when I have sat for 10+ hours in the freezing cold to sell stuff so my kids could have the basics of life.

It's because you are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    It's because you are lucky
    I believe the accepted term is "more fortunate than others".
    'Cause it's all fate, you know.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I copied this and put it on my Facebook wall. About two minutes this popped up as the status of someone on my friends list:
    Curious as to how/if you replied?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Curious as to how/if you replied?
    I have not replied yet and not sure if I will. It was on her own wall and I am not one that likes to walk into another's yard just to pick a fight and plus I am getting ready to go finish up my truck so not sure I want to get into a long debate on Facebook.

Liberal friend's response:
    Sure, even if the animal in injured or sick, far better to let nature take its course, right? Survival of the fittest and all that. Cull the herd of those too weak.
    My response:
    There's no sign about that, so I'm guessing if you want to give a grizzly bear an abortion, NPS is OK with it.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i've been seeing alot of stuff about people getting hand outs and all that jazz. I'm not ashamed to admit that i get help from social services. This does not mean i don't know how to take care of myself..it means i need help. There are people who abuse it and i see it everytime i go to SS. I guess some people are lucky enough that they don't need help. Unless you've wondered where your next meal is coming from i would kindly ask ya to shut it. Thanks :~)
    "Actually, yes I am wondering something. I wondering how successful you are in finding meals by perusing facebook on a Friday morning. "

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    "Actually, yes I am wondering something. I wondering how successful you are in finding meals by perusing facebook on a Friday morning. "

Maybe if we stop feeding them they will start eating their young.

Haha, perfect response.

Did the post say it was posted from an Iphone?

Well at my train station, they say don't feed the birds cuz they dirty up the place pretty fast I think that's reasonable, but National Parks? that's just ludicrous.

some people look at welfare and see all the people who don't need to be on it that are, or have been on it for so long that it's become a serious problem. other people look at those who are in truly unfortunate times, and want to give them a helping hand.

we have this divide on almost all issues. refusing to see the other's position, in any way, shape, or form, causes communication breakdown that prevents any level of moving forward towards a solution.

You're never, ever going to convince some people that providing, say, unemployment to a family man with 4 children for a few months after he lost his job during a repression while he's looking for work is a bad idea. While I understand 'your' side of the animal analogy, someone on the other side simply hears you calling the unfortunate 'animals' and it sounds like an insult - just as if someone tried to say the liberty movement was, say, like wanting to live 'like animals without any law' (or whatever) - an oversimplification that ignores our real issues.

To then try to insult people because they 'might have an iphone', or that they're 'not looking for work this very second' just further expands the divide. You have no idea what their situation is. We're still humans. We still have friends. Taking a break to look at facebook and catch up with friends, or using your limited resources to keep a phone handy, are part of life. I don't use/have either, but I know even if I was looking for a job, I'd still log onto here occasionally, for example.

That woman was pushed away by the comparison to animals, and I'm sure many others would be too. The point is lost, because of presentation. Because it's over simplistic and insulting. At least, that's my 2 cents.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.