Thread: Barack Obama versus Reality - A new ad for Ron Paul

Barack Obama versus Reality - A new ad for Ron Paul

This is my second in this series (which riffs off the Obama campaign's 'Mitt Romney versus Reality' ad)

It focuses on Obama's positions on Guantanamo before and after his election and the NDAA:

I'm making these ads to highlight Obama's civil liberties failures which are or should be a huge disappointment to his supporters

I'm not completely satisfied with the way this one turned out for a few reasons. It was originally intended to have a lot more in it:
    • The Patriot Act (FAST program)
    • The Anwar al-Awlaki assassination
    • The anti protest bill (HR 347)
    • The Yemeni journalist who is being kept in jail at Obama's request

But it was getting too long (over ten minutes) so eventually I ended up chopping all that out.

I'll probably make individual ads for those other topics. It's still a bit too long I think and I couldn't find a powerful and concise statement from Paul on the NDAA which would suit (not that his position isn't clear).

Nevertheless, here it is:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice ... Have you considered an extended version for those who want to see more ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    Nice ... Have you considered an extended version for those who want to see more ?
    On the NDAA subject alone? No, not really. It wasn't a popular video so I imagine a longer one will be less so. My previous ad about Obama's broken marijuana promise got some traction, this one didn't and I know it's not very powerful even though some people are nice about it. That said, if I came across some amazing soundbites I might. The problem is Obama never makes statements about the NDAA. I haven't seen anyone question him about it in an interview. Maybe once the campaign starts someone will have the guts to.

I'll probably get around to throwing up short ads for some of the other topics though for the sake of it.

nice!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Very, very nice. Great video!