Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul wins at least 6 Delegates in Wyoming Caucus

Thumbs up Ron Paul wins at least 6 Delegates in Wyoming Caucus

Ron Paul Wins at Least Six Delegates in Wyoming Caucus

Garners 21 percent of the total vote, defying expectations and affirming delegate-win strategy

LAKE JACKSON, Texas
    2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul gained six delegates as a result of winning 21 percent of the vote in the Wyoming caucus.

The end result of the contest is that if the next stage of the Wyoming nominating process goes as planned, Dr. Paul will take at least six of the 26 delegates tied to the caucus process with him to the Republican National Convention.

Caucusing in the state occurred between February 9th and 29th. The vote total of 439 votes cast for Ron Paul out of 2,108 total votes cast was especially notable in that the Paul campaign had no paid staff on the ground in Wyoming. In addition, the organization purchased no advertising and held no events, yet the candidate and campaign have stunned establishment expectations by winning five of 23 counties.

Also notable is that Ron Paul received more than two and a half times the vote total of would-be Republican frontrunner Newt Gingrich, once considered one of the “two” in a “two man race.”

“Ron Paul winning six delegates in Wyoming using few resources is an extraordinary outcome and it affirms that our delegate-attainment strategy can help Dr. Paul secure the Republican nomination,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

“The race to see who will face President Obama in a head-to-head matchup,
    a scenario that best favors Paul, is a 50-state one and ours is one of only two campaigns with the stamina, organization, and resources to get to Tampa on the way to the White House,” said Mr. Benton, referring to the site of the Republican National Convention and to Mitt Romney.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yea, for having not put any money or resources into WY, I have to agree these results are very good! We get 6 delegates, while Romney and Santorum get 10 each... Not bad at all.

Matt, can you ask the campaign to publish on the main website in very bold and in your face numbers of our delegate count compared to the medias fake delegate count?
    I honestly think that if we keep pushing the fact that the media is lying about the way the nomination is performed people will continue to vote for the wrong people. If we put up that we are winning the most delegates, then the rank and file republican sheep will see Ron is winning and it will drive the votes our way.

not bad
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Matt, can you ask the campaign to publish on the main website in very bold and in your face numbers of our delegate count compared to the medias fake delegate count?
    I honestly think that if we keep pushing the fact that the media is lying about the way the nomination is performed people will continue to vote for the wrong people. If we put up that we are winning the most delegates, then the rank and file republican sheep will see Ron is winning and it will drive the votes our way.
    There is no real delegate count. No one knows how delegates will be allocated in Iowa, Colorado, Minnesota, Maine and Wyoming because they will all happen in the future. All we can say for certain is that all media's delegate counts are estimates only.

This quote is choice

affirms that our delegate-attainment strategy can help Dr. Paul
    Taking credit for a strategy... Which was to ignore the state?

I wish they would do that in some other places, and simply be a data clearinghouse - give local organizers the data on who has signed up as a volunteer etc. in the area and let them run it.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    Yea, for having not put any money or resources into WY, I have to agree these results are very good! We get 6 delegates, while Romney and Santorum get 10 each... Not bad at all.
    yeah, but this could of been a win... it was only a 80 minute drive from CSU Colorado State U. to University of Wyoming, Cowboys home. Would of been an extremely low cost, very efficient campaign, to do an appearance in Laramie, WY. then back to Denver.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    yeah, but this could of been a win... it was only a 80 minute drive from CSU Colorado State U. to University of Wyoming, Cowboys home. Would of been an extremely low cost, very efficient campaign, to do an appearance in Laramie, WY. then back to Denver.
    I'm not saying I disagree -- I was perplexed why the Campaign didn't make a stop in WY. Very perplexed. But given what was done (or, rather, what wasn't done), the outcome is not bad at all. I'm not sure why the press release hails this as a strategy, though, since it sounds like the strategy in WY was NO STRATEGY.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    There is no real delegate count. No one knows how delegates will be allocated in Iowa, Colorado, Minnesota, Maine and Wyoming because they will all happen in the future. All we can say for certain is that all media's delegate counts are estimates only.
    That's not entirely accurate. After each precinct level delegate selection and after each county level delegate selection, the Ron Paul friendly delegates are identified and reported back to the campaign. Remember, lots of delegates keep their mouth shut as to who they support, and simply say they will support who ever is the nominee. The reality is, the organizers are very aware of how many delegates we are getting and knowing ahead of time gives us an insight as to the probability of winning.
    For instance I and my wife in 2008 were elected all the way up to the state level as delegate alternates in TX. So had McCain not sealed the deal early, we would have gone to the State convention and gotten elected to go to the national convention. We did not tell anyone who we supported, and promised to vote for the nominee. But in a vote at the national convention, we would have voted for Ron Paul regardless of the rules. If for no other reason than to create chaos and make the TV networks turn their cameras on us.
    The strategy this election is to inform the voters about the delegate process and prepare them for the national convention being a final vote with Paul as a possible winner. That is why the media is talking about other surprise candidates like Jindal or Christie making a surprise appearance and running away with the nomination. Even though none of those people got any primary votes, the media is echoing our strategy that the votes mean nothing, and it is all about winning delegates.
    So, for Ron to go on TV all the time as he is, and tout that he is winning the delegates, and have CNN label him the "delegate hunter" in the last debate is exactly what the official campaign wants. We are tenderizing the GOP for a brokered convention.
    To my point though, if the GOP voters start questioning the media reported delegate count and Ron Paul has posted on his website that he estimates he has the most delegates, then there is a higher chance that the GOP voters will see him as a winner and vote for him. The strategy is pretty strong, and does a good job of emulating the strategy that has been used against us for so long. Instead of allowing the narrative that he cant win to continue, we redirect that narrative and show we have already won in places the media has claimed other wise. It has already been confirmed by CNN in the after debate interview with John King, and now we need to continue to push that narrative.

There is no real delegate count. No one knows how delegates will be allocated in...Wyoming because they will all happen in the future. All we can say for certain is that all media's delegate counts are estimates only.
    I completely agree with you. Last I checked, Ron Paul do not win 6 counties with automatic non-alternate delegates. It is all a guess, estimate or guesstimate at this time.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

How exactly is 6/28 something to be proud of?

Mitt Romney 35.21%.
    Rick Santorum 32.39%.
    Ron Paul 25.35%.
    Newt Gingrich 7.04%

Trolls point of view:
    2,108total????????? We couldnt get 2000 votes when campaign desperatley needs a win?????

Dont get it.

Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    How exactly is 6/28 something to be proud of?
    Ron Paul had zero WY delegates last time. The campaign thinks there is a chance that Ron Paul will get 6 or more delegates this time. Don't you agree that that is a pretty big improvement.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post

Trolls point of view:
    2,108total????????? We couldnt get 2000 votes when campaign desperatley needs a win?????

Dont get it.

It is simple really Through grassroots efforts, we were able to turn out 439 Ron Paul supporters in Wyoming. As for the final few caucus, Ron Paul did better in them then in most of the other caucuses, so the heat was turned up at the end. As for the official campaign, I am not sure if it did anything to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Ron Paul had zero WY delegates last time. The campaign thinks there is a chance that Ron Paul will get 6 or more delegates this time. Don't you agree that that is a pretty big improvement.
    6 is better than 0. There is nothing to think.
    It is simple really Through grassroots efforts, we were able to turn out 439 Ron Paul supporters in Wyoming. As for the final few caucus, Ron Paul did better in them then in most of the other caucuses, so the heat was turned up at the end. As for the official campaign, I am not sure if it did anything to help.

Campaign (official and grassroots) couldnt get 1000 people to vote???
    Sorry I just dont get it. Yes I live in Croatia and yes it is different country but in my town (population 25000) election for a Mayor had 2000 voters. Mayor won with 1100+ votes. Wyoming has population of 568,158. out of those 568,158 we/they couldnt get 1000 people to vote??? Sorry I can not understand... different country or not.
    Last edited by Barrex; 03-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a big improvement, but still, 6/28 won't win you the nomination. Ron needs at least half the delegates in every caucus state to be competitive, because lets be honest, he's not going to win a primary without some huge momentum.

It's a big improvement, but still, 6/28 won't win you the nomination. Ron needs at least half the delegates in every caucus state to be competitive, because lets be honest, he's not going to win a primary without some huge momentum.
    He needs a win. They are playing major games in the caucus states, though. But yeah, caucus is most of a day, and people don't seem to turn out the way I would expect.

Gingrich only got one though, so....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    This quote is choice

Taking credit for a strategy... Which was to ignore the state?

I wish they would do that in some other places, and simply be a data clearinghouse - give local organizers the data on who has signed up as a volunteer etc. in the area and let them run it.
    If all national delegates are created equal, then wouldn't it make more sense to invest in a state like wyoming, which would've cost far less dollars to obtain perhaps 4 more delegates?

We're talking a few hundred more votes for 3-4 more delegates vs a state like Washington which will requires 1,000s of votes for each delegates won (or better yet, Michigan where we won ZERO delegates).

Or is this line of thinking completely off?
    Last edited by WD-NY; 03-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.

There's 29 delegates and I would be extremely surprised if we came out of Wyoming with 6 delegates. The caucus process is very restrictive and it is hard to estimate how delegates to the National Convention will be allocated based on the precinct caucuses.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    If all national delegates are created equal, then wouldn't it make more sense to invest in a state like wyoming, which would've cost far less dollars to obtain perhaps 4 more delegates?

We're talking a few hundred more votes for 3-4 more delegates vs a state like Washington which will requires 1,000s of votes for each delegates won.

Or is this line of thinking completely off?
    You're right. Each county in WY is allowed to elect either 1 delegate or 1 alternate delegate, regardless of the county's size. There are 12 counties electing delegates and we could have easily invested small amounts in the smallest counties to try to win their delegates.

There's 29 delegates and I would be extremely surprised if we came out of Wyoming with 6 delegates. The caucus process is very restrictive and it is hard to estimate how delegates to the National Convention will be allocated based on the precinct caucuses.
    Yeah I read up on the Wyoming caucus beforehand and it's very restricted on who becomes a delegate and such. Still, the campaign bragging about 6/26 when Santorum is projected to have 10 and then bragging that they got more votes than Swingrich who only got 7% is kind of sad...

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He needs a win. They are playing major games in the caucus states, though. But yeah, caucus is most of a day, and people don't seem to turn out the way I would expect.

Gingrich only got one though, so....
    The caucuses, especially the small ones, aren't long in WY. Judging by the official posts on the WY GOP Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/WYGOP, the Sweetwater Caucus lasted between a few minutes and 2 hours. I attended a few of the caucuses in Maine and they do generally last a couple hours or more in Maine depending on how much of the program the caucus goers want to participate in.

I completely agree with you. Last I checked, Ron Paul do not win 6 counties with automatic non-alternate delegates. It is all a guess, estimate or guesstimate at this time.
    Not quite. This post from helmuth_hubener, who lives in Wyoming is illuminating. Apparently there are 12 delegates elected to the RNC straight from the County Conventions.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B53T...kJrdzRuZw/edit

The thing to focus on is that big red line. No other state has a big red line. Only us. That line is incredibly powerful. That line means that the 9 Ron Paul supporters in Niobrara County could, by themselves, send one delegate straight to national, and thus control 1/2286th of the convention.

That's leverage.

Each county chooses one national delegate directly. One man, who leap-frogs the entire process and goes straight to Tampa without passing Go -- no other hoops, no other rigamarole, no other layers where we can be cheated out of it. (OK, half choose alternates, half choose actual, which is why 12 total are chosen when there's 23 counties).
    Source: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4233291
    Last edited by mmadness; 03-01-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &
    Become a DELEGATE for Ron Paul

This is how we win!
    Delegates Thread on RPF: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ok-no-further!

Create your OWN GRASSROOTS ADS & run on NATIONAL TV CHEAP!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr....2-mil-viewers!

BEWARE SUPER BROCHURES (DO NOT BUY/SUPPORT)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmadness View Post
    Not quite. This post from helmuth_hubener, who lives in Wyoming is illuminating. Apparently there are 12 delegates elected to the RNC straight from the County Conventions.

Source: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4233291
    I don't understand why you said not quite? The county conventions haven't happened yet. Nothing helmuth_hubener said in that quote disagrees with anything I said in the quote. I understand and already know everything you quoted.

The caucuses, especially the small ones, aren't long in WY. Judging by the official posts on the WY GOP Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/WYGOP, the Sweetwater Caucus lasted between a few minutes and 2 hours. I attended a few of the caucuses in Maine and they do generally last a couple hours or more in Maine depending on how much of the program the caucus goers want to participate in.
    The supercaucuses in Maine were long. Yes, "depending on how much ..." but also when they say "show up at 1230p, and the voting starts at 230p, you don't necessarily know going in when the last possible minute to show up is. So, yes, you can show up at 1230p, get your name tag, LEAVE, and then come back 2 hours later after the parade of State Rep candidates is over. It's a long, pretty miserable process.

I don't understand why you said not quite? The county conventions haven't happened yet. Nothing helmuth_hubener said in that quote disagrees with anything I said in the quote. I understand and already know everything you quoted.
    Point taken, although the fact that the campaign is releasing this info leads me to believe they which precinct delegates are already coming out of the caucuses and therefore which counties will have a majority of RP county delegates. Wyoming doesn't have a lot of complexity compared to more populated states. A majority of county delegates = at least one guaranteed RNC delegate if that particular county is responsible for sending a delegate to the RNC.
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &
    Become a DELEGATE for Ron Paul

This is how we win!
    Delegates Thread on RPF: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ok-no-further!

Create your OWN GRASSROOTS ADS & run on NATIONAL TV CHEAP!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr....2-mil-viewers!

BEWARE SUPER BROCHURES (DO NOT BUY/SUPPORT)

YES! take any we can get.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Maybe. But the Wyoming caucus is a weird political animal, isn't it? The state party holds a ton of sway over delegate selection and who gets to cast meaningful votes.

Damn, I'm confused now. Can someone break this down for me? So what did we exactly get? 6 precinct delegates or county delegates? Do these 6 folks now go to National straight? Also, is that ALL? 6 out of 28? Or is it that we got 6 for sure, but may get more? Aren't we the king of caucuses? the delegate hunters? Yes, I know last time we had zero, but I was hoping more. If Paul doesn't get a HUGE chunk of the caucus state delegates, he isn't going to win the nomination (since he doesn't have primary wins with bound delegates).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast