Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grand Strategy: How Ron Paul Can (Still) Win the Nomination

bump
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-22-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Check the polling for GOP candidates vs Obama. In general Paul does better than Gingrich or Santorum but worse than Romney. It's basically a statistical tie, though, with any of the GOP candidates pulling half of Obama's vote. California is not a swing state - all of it's electors are going for Obama in the November election.

I've posted this info before, but it bears repeating for anyone that's trying to make the case that Ron Paul is the best candidate to defeat Obama. Just like it's delegates that matter going towards the nomination, it's electoral votes that matter going towards the general election (270 needed to win). There are 181 electoral votes (in 22 states) that will be won by any general purpose Republican; and 196 electoral vote (in 15 states and DC) that will be won by Obama or any other general purpose Democrat (nothing short of an alien invasion will change that). So concentrate on the 13 swing states that aren't already painted blue or red, and explain how Ron Paul does better than other candidates at getting at least 89 electoral votes out of them:
    9 Electoral votes (Colorado polling against Obama)
    29 Electoral votes (Florida polling against Obama)
    6 Electoral votes (Iowa polling against Obama)
    16 Electoral votes (Michigan polling against Obama)
    10 Electoral votes (Missouri polling against Obama)
    6 Electoral votes (Nevada polling against Obama)
    4 Electoral votes (New Hampshire polling against Obama)
    5 Electoral votes (New Mexico polling against Obama)
    15 Electoral votes (North Carolina polling against Obama)
    18 Electoral votes (Ohio polling against Obama)
    20 Electoral votes (Pennsylvania polling against Obama)
    13 Electoral votes (Virginia polling against Obama)
    10 Electoral votes (Wisconsin polling against Obama)
    Nice.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhitmore View Post
    A rising tide may raise all ships, but a tide going out lowers all ships. You spent a lot of time in a campaign that is not going to succeed and therefore didn't help you and that is time you could have spent on your own.
    Jesus... why dance around the real issue? Why not just come out and recommend we all get in our closets with pistols?

Giving up surely will change nothing for the better. Or are you suggesting we vote for one of the other candidates because they are "electable"?

Never give up, and screw the naysayers who would have you do so.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Jesus... why dance around the real issue? Why not just come out and recommend we all get in our closets with pistols?

Giving up surely will change nothing for the better. Or are you suggesting we vote for one of the other candidates because they are "electable"?

Never give up, and screw the naysayers who would have you do so.
    +rep

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

bump

Many of you know my work from RevPAC's grassroots videos. RevPAC is, as of now, no longer doing boots on the ground work - I was working for them for free--only expenses were paid. I've been unemployed for 5 months. So, what is it I want? Well, I'd like to be in California to cover the important activism going on out there and to help overcome the media black out. I can't do this unless I raise about $500 in the next few hours. So, if you don't know my work, please check it out...if you'd like to see me bring you activism interviews and coverage of the upcoming events in California, please make a donation here: http://iroots.org/donate/
    Please watch this video---It will explain the project.

Getting back to California this week means a great deal to me personally because I founded the YAL groups at Davis, Chico and Sacramento State. I also have connections in the area which will make my work even easier.

Long term, this footage will be used in a grassroots activism training curriculum that we are developing over at iroots.org.

Full details: http://iroots.org/2012/04/01/ron-pau...in-california/

If the full funds aren't raised, they will go towards promoting future Ron Paul events.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    Many of you know my work from RevPAC's grassroots videos. RevPAC is, as of now, no longer doing boots on the ground work - I was working for them for free--only expenses were paid. I've been unemployed for 5 months. So, what is it I want? Well, I'd like to be in California to cover the important activism going on out there and to help overcome the media black out. I can't do this unless I raise about $500 in the next few hours. So, if you don't know my work, please check it out...if you'd like to see me bring you activism interviews and coverage of the upcoming events in California, please make a donation here: http://iroots.org/donate/
    Please watch this video---It will explain the project.

Getting back to California this week means a great deal to me personally because I founded the YAL groups at Davis, Chico and Sacramento State. I also have connections in the area which will make my work even easier.

Long term, this footage will be used in a grassroots activism training curriculum that we are developing over at iroots.org.

Full details: http://iroots.org/2012/04/01/ron-pau...in-california/

If the full funds aren't raised, they will go towards promoting future Ron Paul events.
    Aaron is an awesome activist. We could really use him out here in California. If you can chip in to support his travels, please do.
    Christopher David - Ron Paul Republican candidate for U.S. House, CA-33
    Running to represent the coast of Los Angeles from Malibu to Palos Verdes
    Friend me | Fan me | Donate $20.12 or $201.20 for Victory in 2012

^^^Check the above

God bless the OP here. Going to work hard over the next few months to implement these ideas in Washington State if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    God bless the OP here. Going to work hard over the next few months to implement these ideas in Washington State if at all possible.
    +rep

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123