Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Video] Ron Paul on Piers Morgan Tonight 3/01/12

Not bad not bad.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh, so much for the full hour. AB coverage

That's all folks.............Paul answered well. Just sucks that it started with Piers portraying him as if he had dropped out or might as well.
    Supporting Ron Paul since 2007-was an active member at the old RP forums in '07-'08, went by my name Cindy. Good times, good times getting involved with such awesome people for a critical cause. I will always love RP supporters for the kindred spirits they are to me. Bless all of you!!!!

Avatar is Nike- the goddess of Victory!

Ahuwale Ka Nane Huna translation- What was secret is no longer hidden.

That's it? Why didn't they do an hour?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Piers was pretty respectful, Ron was funny and he nailed the foreign policy Q's, wish it was longer though.

Ron was super relaxed. Not sure if its the show or what.

i thought it was a pretty good interview overall

I think they cut it short to cover the story of the death of the blogger.
    Supporting Ron Paul since 2007-was an active member at the old RP forums in '07-'08, went by my name Cindy. Good times, good times getting involved with such awesome people for a critical cause. I will always love RP supporters for the kindred spirits they are to me. Bless all of you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AhuwaleKaNaneHuna View Post
    That's all folks.............Paul answered well. Just sucks that it started with Piers portraying him as if he had dropped out or might as well.
    Piers was just projecting because he knows he should drop out of television before it drops him first.

That was a good one.

People will be bitching that Ron is in Texas shortly.

I thought that was great - what RP said about inflation and the other Rep candidates being dangerous, that was GREAT!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I came in a bit late but from what I saw:

...that was not an interview. That was a series of questions and (excellent) answers; Piers wasn't as respectful as he was dull and outwardly disinterested. No rapport was built, no back and forth, no flow.

"You really let him (Bernanke) have it w/ that piece of silver" was about it as far as off the cuff conversation. Maybe the beginning was great and I missed it. I doubt it.

Ron's comments on inflation lately are getting better. I notice that more often, he's starting to find a way to connect the often vague complaint of monetary policy to the average person by, for example, bringing up how it raises gas and food prices, and people can really feel this.

^
    His oratorical prowess has been on display as of late, that is for sure.

I feel like he loosening up with every appearance I'm lucky enough to see/hear.
    Last edited by Don't Tread on Me; 03-01-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deputydon View Post
    Did Ron just say gold was money 6,000 years ago? I thought he was a creationist?

Edit: my bad, for some reason I was thinking creationists thought the earth was only 4,000 years old.
    He isnt that kind of creationist anyhow. His theology allows for evolution if that is how God did it. It is in Liberty Defined.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread on Me View Post
    I came in a bit late but from what I saw:

...that was not an interview. That was a series of questions and (excellent) answers; Piers wasn't as respectful as he was dull and outwardly disinterested. No rapport was built, no back and forth, no flow.

"You really let him (Bernanke) have it w/ that piece of silver" was about it as far as off the cuff conversation. Maybe the beginning was great and I missed it. I doubt it.
    No, you pretty much saw the best of Piers.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That was a good one.

People will be bitching that Ron is in Texas shortly.
    He was in DC today voting against the end the first amendment bill HR 347 and will be doing three appearances in Washington tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Technique View Post
    tube

thanks, I'll put it on the front page!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He isnt that kind of creationist anyhow. His theology allows for evolution if that is how God did it. It is in Liberty Defined.
    O man looks like this thread is going to end up in hot topics :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Piers was just projecting because he knows he should drop out of television before it drops him first.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He was in DC today voting against the end the first amendment bill HR 347 and will be doing three appearances in Washington tomorrow...
    Oh, it looked like he was in his home office.

Damn good interview, except for being about a couple hours too short.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Oh, it looked like he was in his home office.
    he has a condo in Virginia he lives in when he is on the Hill, he might have been there. Or he could have flown to Texas to pick up the jet for tomorrow's flight to Washington state.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-01-2012 at 10:21 PM.

that seems to be a good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by rpwi View Post
    Is anybody concerned that Paul is spending too much time on cable news shows? He tends to frequent the sames networks (CNN & Fox)...many of these shows probably have .5 to a million viewers...2 million+ on rare occasions. Many of these viewers are probably already sold or turned off by Ron. There are 300+ million people in the US...why not expand beyond CNN and Fox news?

Start with the day time shows...many have ratings in the 2-4 million range and well viewed by women (where Ron needs to make up a lot of ground). Getting on Dr. Phil, Ellen, Kelly, and even Oz (Paul could talk about regulations in the health care industry) would be great.

The late night shows with Letterman/Leno are probably about a million tops...and Stewart is probably twice that. These are fresh ears and eyeballs for Ron's message.

The broadcast news networks and news programs actually do better than their cable equivalents and shouldn't ignored.

Local radio and TV interviews are always great as well.

I don't buy the arguement that Fox News is out best demographic. There are a lot of open primaries left who have lots of independent anti-war voters...while fox news is fairly pro-war and their audience reflects that.

Know Ron is doing some this but would love to see him diversify more.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

again, why the question about who of the other three is the best.
    Dr. Paul should just say they are not better than Obama and have nearly the same policies.
    and most of all they cant win against him without independents.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Is every Piers Morgan interview heavily edited or is it only Ron Paul's interviews? I don't watch him otherwise so I don't know but I know this isn't the first interview between the two where RP's answers are heavily edited.

Here's the vid if it hasnt been posted:
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be honest, we should all give Piers a big thank you for letting him speak and not criticizing him much this time.

Though the interview is apparently edited, it didn't really appear to edit out important bits to make Paul look stupid either. There's a limited time frame, and they had to compress the interview to 15 minutes.

So for once, let's give Piers a "Thank You!" and hope Paul gets more media coverage in the future!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123