Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BTFD!!!

BTFD!!!

http://www.kitcosilver.com/

Practice what I preach.

Woke up this morning and saw a lovely birthday present.

Bought some silver when it was down 2.50$.

BTFD!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really hope some of you with cash boguht yesterdays huge dip. If today is any indication, it is that there are many strong hands here at play.

If gold stays above 1720$, futures and leveraged contracts are likely to take off on the wildly bullish side of things.

When a market plunges like it did yesterday, rebounds up sharply and then holds those new gains - it's a bullish indicator. Long term investors usually add to their positions, but what sends it into overdrive are the leveraged speculators who enter to make some dough.

Silvers bounce today;

http://www.kitcosilver.com/charts/24hoursspot.html

Gold's lesser but still relevant bounce;

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/au24hr3day.html

Silver was a screaming deal yesterday.

Funny enough when I called the dealer and booked the price, I told him I'd pick it up the day after (which is today- and I did)...and he asked me to call back to book the price on the day of. I said no and got him to book the price then and there. It was as if he knew it would bounce up, lol.

I got it at the EXACT bottom. A bit lucky, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

I should have some cash by next friday...hope fricking silver isn't $40 by then.
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

Well it is 40$ to buy physical right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xFiFtyOnE View Post
    I should have some cash by next friday...hope fricking silver isn't $40 by then.

Where can you sell your silver for the full spot price?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Booo! I wanted sub $33.
    Rand Paul 2016

I don't have the money to dump into gold, but is silver the next best thing to start with? Coins, bullion, something else? What's a good place to start learning about this stuff?

It also seems like I have to dig to find charts about precious metals (with as much history as possible). Is the OP website as good as I'm going to get?

Scratch that last part....I explored for one minute on that site and found some great historical info.
    Last edited by Hitman83; 03-01-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Once you go Paul...

Twitter: @ChanceP83

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kitco silver forums will probably more helpful in answering everyone's questions:

https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Silver was my first PM inevestment. Eventually got into gold. I think the best advice for newbies is to spread out when you buy, that way you don't have to pay too much attention to the price. Ex: buy 10 ounces every other Friday. After a few months you'll get use to the crazy swings.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman83 View Post
    I don't have the money to dump into gold, but is silver the next best thing to start with? Coins, bullion, something else? What's a good place to start learning about this stuff?

It also seems like I have to dig to find charts about precious metals (with as much history as possible). Is the OP website as good as I'm going to get?

Scratch that last part....I explored for one minute on that site and found some great historical info.
    apmex.com also has plenty of charts.

I have been reading through the forums at Kitco and browsing the available stock at both Kitco and Apmex. I think I'm going go with 5oz silver bars. What is the difference in the various bars? I see "Year of the Dragon", "Sunshine Minting", "APMEX", etc. It appears that several are the same spot price, but occasionally vary by the premium. Am I just choosing preference at this point, you think, or is there some noticeable difference I'm overlooking (all are rated at .999 fine)?

I'm checking out a local coin show this weekend to see if they have anything like this available. If not, I'm a coin collector, so it won't be a total loss.
    Once you go Paul...

Twitter: @ChanceP83

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I really hope some of you with cash boguht yesterdays huge dip. If today is any indication, it is that there are many strong hands here at play.

If gold stays above 1720$, futures and leveraged contracts are likely to take off on the wildly bullish side of things.

When a market plunges like it did yesterday, rebounds up sharply and then holds those new gains - it's a bullish indicator. Long term investors usually add to their positions, but what sends it into overdrive are the leveraged speculators who enter to make some dough.
    It wasn't just silver and gold that tanked, other commodities and major currency pairs dropped too.
    ...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    The Declaration of Arbroath, 1320.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman83 View Post
    I have been reading through the forums at Kitco and browsing the available stock at both Kitco and Apmex. I think I'm going go with 5oz silver bars. What is the difference in the various bars? I see "Year of the Dragon", "Sunshine Minting", "APMEX", etc. It appears that several are the same spot price, but occasionally vary by the premium. Am I just choosing preference at this point, you think, or is there some noticeable difference I'm overlooking (all are rated at .999 fine)?

I'm checking out a local coin show this weekend to see if they have anything like this available. If not, I'm a coin collector, so it won't be a total loss.
    Year of the Dragon is the current Chinese year or something like that. The premium on something like that is pretty high so I normally avoid, but I'm not so much into the coin collecting but wealth preservation. I like to stack American Silver Eagles and the pre-1964 dimes, quarters, etc. Can't go too wrong with the bars either….I have a few of those.

Another site that I've been using lately and like a lot is Gainesville Coins. http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamUK View Post
    It wasn't just silver and gold that tanked, other commodities and major currency pairs dropped too.
    Because dollar was going up & since all the major commodities are denominated in dollars, when the dollar strengthens, commodities take a hit & vice versa; you'll usually see that to be the case unless there are other extraneous supply & demand factors in the mix as well

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    Year of the Dragon is the current Chinese year or something like that. The premium on something like that is pretty high so I normally avoid, but I'm not so much into the coin collecting but wealth preservation. I like to stack American Silver Eagles and the pre-1964 dimes, quarters, etc. Can't go too wrong with the bars either….I have a few of those.

Another site that I've been using lately and like a lot is Gainesville Coins. http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/
    I agree, if someone is looking at gold & silver as "investment" then they need to study it more carefully because they can be volatile in the short-term due to volatility of the toilet-paper-money that they're denominated in so it's true, they're more for "wealth preservation" over a period of time as they'd retain their purchasing-power better than most things, especially longer time-scales like 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now because of their scarcity & other monetary characteristics
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

You guys can thank me. I bought the day before the dip, thus ensuring a dip. And I bought some 2 days before the dip.

My dealer's in the states and gets back on the 8th. I hope he got some good deals on the remaining Morgans I need. But he was gone for the dip, so I didn't get to buy anything. Oh, well.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it's any consolation, those who purchase physical silver under 100$ will ultimately come out as winners. Under 50$ = champion. under 20$= Uber champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigonx View Post
    You guys can thank me. I bought the day before the dip, thus ensuring a dip. And I bought some 2 days before the dip.

If it's any consolation, those who purchase physical silver under 100$ will ultimately come out as winners. Under 50$ = champion. under 20$= Uber champion.
    I agree. People who bought gold at $500 or $600 or $700 are no longer feeling like they missed the big gains by not buying at $300.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

BTFD For those who didn't buy yet, today looks like a decent dip.

I agree 100%. I've been stacking away, using dollar averaging instead of trying to time it. As i have mentioned earlier i'm not good at timing the market.

I'm 24 with a new 15 (1 year in) mortgage and limited income. To buy silver, I MUST be good at timing the market to stretch my savings as far as possible.

So far so good . lol

I agree 100%. I've been stacking away, using dollar averaging instead of trying to time it. As i have mentioned earlier i'm not good at timing the market.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Where can you sell your silver for the full spot price?
    Craigslist, offer it for ~2 or 3% below spot and don't respond to the low-ball offers.

Meet the other party at a bank and only trade for cash.

Or so I've been told...
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Yeeeehaww! BTFD!!

http://www.kitcosilver.com/

Betcha if it dips below 30$ there will be wait times for many, many places.

Under 33. Can we see some 20's next?
    Rand Paul 2016

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously.... whenever I purchase a roll or two of silver, the prices plummet the following week. Good thing I got some dry powder left

Until 3 PM CST Today(March 6th), you can get 2012 Austrian Philharmonics for only $1.99 over spot at apmex

http://www.apmex.com/Category/595/Au...12__Prior.aspx

Until 3 PM CST Today(March 6th), you can get 2012 Austrian Philharmonics for only $1.99 over spot at apmex

http://www.apmex.com/Category/595/Au...12__Prior.aspx
    I was always curious about the pretty silver. Is it really worth it? Thus far I've only bought junk silver and bars due to their "efficiency" or bang per buck. Silver Eagles have a $2.5 spot premium per oz. That premium just seems to stack up way too quickly if I'm just stacking for preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphson View Post
    I was always curious about the pretty silver. Is it really worth it? Thus far I've only bought junk silver and bars due to their "efficiency" or bang per buck. Silver Eagles have a $2.5 spot premium per oz. That premium just seems to stack up way too quickly if I'm just stacking for preservation.
    Silver is silver in all honesty. I love some of the pretty silver, and I love me some junk silver. I think it is worth it depending on the coin you get. In late 2010 I bought some Canadian Silver Wolves for $24.10. And today the same place i bought them, AMPEX, is selling them for $74.00

Liquidity.

Junk silver is 90% liquid. Bullion is basically 100% liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphson View Post

Today is a market wide thing. Major stock indexes (DOW, TSX, NYSE) are all getting hammered.

BTFD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast