Thread: What Music do you like best for Meditation/Self-Revelation?

What Music do you like best for Meditation/Self-Revelation?

One of the things that's helped me tremendously in growing in the knowledge and closeness of God's Righteous is through times of meditation after reading the Bible.

I've noticed though that while in prayer i desire complete quiet,but when meditating on a verse and trying to come to a personal revelation on a concept im on the verge of grasping, that certain music helps me focus those thoughts.Most music is distracting to my thoughts and actually hinders following a thought to the point of revelation.

While there may be some good songs out there I've only found one group that's completely helped me in times of meditation, that's the Moody Blues.

Heres some of my most favorite songs

Heres a cool video just for the bit of lyrics

Id like to find some more music that's just as fulfilling.

Even though i consider myself a devout Christian,most Christian music doesn't appeal to me.Im not sure what it is,I love the word of God but most Christian music doesn't seem genuine to me or lacks depth.I guess i see it like church,while i feel Church is important i think its been over run by religion.I'm a God fearing man and love the word, but im not a religious man if that makes any sense.The Moody Blues in terms of Music are like Ron Paul and Politicians,Once you go Ron Paul noone else seems to compare anymore.I am hopeful though.If you know of anyone else that's helped you in your walk im open to giving them a listen.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Search chakra meditation on youtube.

Chakras are a series of energy centers in our body. Read about all of the chakras. Some of yours may be out of whack.

http://www.chakraenergy.com/seven.html

You can exercise and energize these chakras through simple lifestyle changes and from your environment, including sounds, colors and vibrations.

You can incorporate this newfound type of spirituality with your existing knowledge of spirituality.

Quote Originally Posted by robert9712000 View Post
    Even though i consider myself a devout Christian,most Christian music doesn't appeal to me.Im not sure what it is,I love the word of God but most Christian music doesn't seem genuine to me or lacks depth.
    That's because most Christians haven't experienced the benefits of mind-expanding substances.

Personally I find dubstep to be like getting a massage for the brain. Most electronic music festivals are based very heavily on expanding spirituality and expanding consciousness.

Here's an experiment.

Listen to this song at full volume:

Now, I apologize as I can't listen to youtubes right now, so I'm not sure what this mix is going to be like.. I'm really looking for a more chill dubstep set, but it will be lower volume so maybe it will be ok either way.

Put this on at 40% volume or less and try and browse around on the forums, surf in the internet, etc.. give it at least 20 minutes, to the point where you sorta forget it's there..

I find dubstep to be very relaxing background music, some songs/sets could be good for meditation.

Entheogenic is a good group to listen to also, and there are a few gems if you search chakra dubstep.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I love hearing new versions of my favorite hymns:

I love listening to Carl Sagan and the video series that are out there featuring him along with some comforting music while playing Civilization or other games

Check out Milky Way Musings' Carl Sagan Tribute videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73E5E40315EA40FE
    Also check The Sagan Series. He also has "The Feynman Series" featuring Richard Feynman. Here's his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/damewse
    ‎"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
    -Carl Sagan

Many genres do it for me. I love the Moody Blues. They can take me places. I like orchestral. I like epic.
    I take this song to heart when I want to find inner peace..

"The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

..a couple more favorites

The entire Olias Of Sunhillow album is fantastic and really is best played as one piece.
    Last edited by jay_dub; 02-27-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

......jay_dub

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Search chakra meditation on youtube.

Chakras are a series of energy centers in our body. Read about all of the chakras. Some of yours may be out of whack.

http://www.chakraenergy.com/seven.html

You can exercise and energize these chakras through simple lifestyle changes and from your environment, including sounds, colors and vibrations.

You can incorporate this newfound type of spirituality with your existing knowledge of spirituality.

That's because most Christians haven't experienced the benefits of mind-expanding substances.

Personally I find dubstep to be like getting a massage for the brain. Most electronic music festivals are based very heavily on expanding spirituality and expanding consciousness.

Here's an experiment.

Listen to this song at full volume:

Now, I apologize as I can't listen to youtubes right now, so I'm not sure what this mix is going to be like.. I'm really looking for a more chill dubstep set, but it will be lower volume so maybe it will be ok either way.

Put this on at 40% volume or less and try and browse around on the forums, surf in the internet, etc.. give it at least 20 minutes, to the point where you sorta forget it's there..

I find dubstep to be very relaxing background music, some songs/sets could be good for meditation.

Entheogenic is a good group to listen to also, and there are a few gems if you search chakra dubstep.

You bring up a interesting thing which is similar to Meditation and i guess by definition it is but the end result is different than what i desire.Ive experimented alot with drugs in my younger days and ive noticed that when using mind expanding drugs with music you will zone out,but the end result usually is chaos in the mind.You'll be able to focus deeply for a brief period of time but then your mind will wander to a new thought to focus on.so therefor i prefer to be of sober mind when i meditate.

The result i desire through meditation is coming to an understanding of a personal self revelation and drawing closer to knowing God's righteousness through the Spirit.To Me the zeds dead created chaos.

Try this and see if you see what im saying.Heres another video which i think brings chaos of focus on the mind.While i like its only good for zoning out but doesn't compel a person to be in the Spirit.

Now heres another song which like i said produces a similar feeling to zoneing out/meditation,but to me i can focus my thoughts towards coming to self revelation of the things of God.

Ill check out the Chakras when i get more time.

I love hearing new versions of my favorite hymns:
    I did like the first song alot,Im not sure about meditation but it is a joyful uplifting song
    Last edited by robert9712000; 02-27-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Try transcendental meditation. You don't need music and you can do it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dub View Post
    ..a couple more favorites

The entire Olias Of Sunhillow album is fantastic and really is best played as one piece.
    This is the kind of stuff im looking for,I liked these alot.

Quote Originally Posted by robert9712000 View Post
    This is the kind of stuff im looking for,I liked these alot.
    If you liked the Olias clip, you can see all the clips from the album at this site.

http://olias.wordpress.com/

.....Edmund Burke

......jay_dub

I enjoy all types and styles of music at different times,,

But for "Meditation/Self-Revelation",, I would say, the orchestra of frogs crickets and other creatures just about sundown on a warm evening.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I enjoy all types and styles of music at different times,,

But for "Meditation/Self-Revelation",, I would say, the orchestra of frogs crickets and other creatures just about sundown on a warm evening.
    I do that aswell during the summer,I have a spot that i goto in the summer to catfish till a little past dusk.Its about a half mile hike off the road but its well worth it.Its a low lying area surrounded by trees on all sides and about 300 feet out theres a giant pole the park has put in the water with a bald eagle nest on top of it.Ill watch the eagles pull out fish,ive seen deer on the other side of the lake come up to the water.Its amazing how alive it becomes with different animals right around dusk.

Here is a nice one I just found

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love to listen to Classical music to relax (Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Rachmanioff, etc.) I also love Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Traditional Pop.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson