Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FEMA Puts Out Contract For Emergency Camps to House “Displaced Citizens”

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    No way, they deserve all the traffic and recognition they can get considering they're a rabidly pro-Ron Paul operation. Better to link to them than the mainstream media that conspires against Ron Paul at every turn.
    They both have the same levels of integrity in their reporting.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Nothin' to see here, they're just preparing to help us in case a crisis occurs. They have our best interests in mind as they always do. Anyone who would think otherwise is a paranoid kook or deranged.
    They should start by putting a list together of those "kooks."

Oh wait...
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Why do you care when someone posts something from infowars? What is it to you? You obviously care enough to keep commenting about it.

Let me ask you something, did you find out something which was provided to you by infowars, that you weren't previously aware of? If that was the case, 1 point for infowars.

I am not trying to hate you on, I just wish you would stop hating on others. Thank you.

ZanZibar's response: Yes, I did know about this.

mobile showers
    Just remember, as the joke goes, that the shower heads need to have more than 10 holes.

Hey, good news! There's a Czech company still making Zyklon B.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    Why do you care when someone posts something from infowars? What is it to you? You obviously care enough to keep commenting about it.
    Because it's the same thing as when people post inaccurate MSM stories. This stuff shouldn't be spread around.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Where is this authorized in the Constitution
    If only I could get an ounce of gold for every time this question was asked and in doing so proves each argument unconstitutional.

Because it's the same thing as when people post inaccurate MSM stories. This stuff shouldn't be spread around.
    It's a face that they are doing this. Now, whether it is actually FOR what infowars is implying is entirely different.

It is still very useful info.

Can we please quit citing Infowars? They are notoriously unreliable as a news source.
    I would have to agree. I never go to them for real news.

Creepy. Though in my opinion, FEMA camps are way too small to hold dissidents (Unless they hold underground facilities...)

I don't complain about infowars being cited. But I would like other sources too, just to see the grand-scope of things.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Opps, I thought I was the tractor guy..
    oh well,, I still remember what a sight picture looks like,, if someone becomes a felon and hands me one.
    Got alcohol and firearms, no tobacco:

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whether IW cites the NYT on a few articles or not doesn't really matter to me. The fact is they use sensationalist claims before facts to gain readers/attention.
    No thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by 3kgt View Post
    Whether IW cites the NYT on a few articles or not doesn't really matter to me. The fact is they use sensationalist claims before facts to gain readers/attention.
    No thanks..
    So,
    What are the facts?

And what good are the facts if no one reads or knows them?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

No thanks..
    Exactly. Too much of it is conjecture to be considered reliable.

No thanks..
    I think his track record proves that what they are doing it reasonably trustworthy. You probably would not even know what the TSA is doing without IW. No one reported on it until they did. Being critical of IW is fine, but projecting that criticism onto the people sharing what they see on that site is not so fine. You are attacking the OP here, and it's unjustifiable.

That would be like me blaming you for posting a MSM article that was filled with hyperbole and irrationality and complaining that you were allowed to share it here. If you do not like seeing any content from IW, the solution is simple, don't read it. You have no the right to tell others not to post it or read it.

“Belligerents who also happen to be U.S. citizens do not enjoy immunity where non-citizen belligerents are valid military objectives,” said Jeh C. Johnson, the Defense Department general counsel, in a speech at Yale Law School.
    Not conjecture.

What source of news and information do you consider to be reliable?

I have never been an Alex Jones fan nor an Infowars apologist.
    But they have broken stories and reported on what others in the MSM will not.

I look at several sources and listen to a "heads up" from any and all..

Just who DO you consider "reliable". and what is your criteria for such?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

What source of news and information do you consider to be reliable?

I have never been an Alex Jones fan nor an Infowars apologist.
    But they have broken stories and reported on what others in the MSM will not.

I look at several sources and listen to a "heads up" from any and all..

Just who DO you consider "reliable". and what is your criteria for such?
    People I know and trust and have built relationships with, although I realize they can't cover nearly everything nor can everyone do that with the media.

The honest truth is that one must get their news from a variety of news sources, not a single source.

The honest truth is that one must get their news from a variety of news sources, not a single source.
    Ok,
    So what part of this story do you consider to be misleading or conjecture?

What was not factual,, that you felt the need to post,
    Can we please quit citing Infowars? They are notoriously unreliable as a news source.
    about it?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-29-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fair enough, and that's what I do, and, much more often than not, have found that the InfoWars stories have been accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Fair enough, and that's what I do, and, much more often than not, have found that the InfoWars stories have been accurate.
    I've found enough of them to NOT be accurate in that I can't trust anything they write (just like NBC for example).

Nah, the mainstream media carries water for the establishment while Infowars fights the establishment. Infowars has much more integrity because they don't do propaganda for evil interests.

i like infowars. it almost always has other links to backup its articles. most of the haters just dont put the effort into a little research which is required.

the main point is that these camps are/can get built. nobody will know who will populate them until the day comes, so speculation is normal. infowars is giving their alternative view and its 100% legit to do so.

you have the freedom to do whatever you want with information like this. you can take it on board or you can reject it. you can agree with some of it and can differ with other parts. its up to you. just dont shoot the messengers and call on people to not post links. it sickens me. especially on a Ron Paul forum.
    Last edited by iamdigital; 02-29-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamdigital View Post
    i like infowars. it almost always has other links to backup its articles. most of the haters just dont put the effort into a little research which is required.
    The articles I have actually read from them I did indeed do a fact check. And IW was factually inaccurate.

So can we talk about the issue at hand, which is by no means outside the bounds of probability... Why are they activating the camps now? What is it they are preparing for exactly? What do they have planned or information on...
    Best of luck in life.

I've found enough of them to NOT be accurate in that I can't trust anything they write (just like NBC for example).
    I don't follow closely enough to say..
    Got a few examples?
    Just so i can compare to the inaccuracies of others,, (Faux,CNN, Blaze Etc)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I don't follow closely enough to say..
    Got a few examples?
    Just so i can compare to the inaccuracies of others,, (Faux,CNN, Blaze Etc)
    They had a story once about Iran photoshopping a crowd in or out of a rally. Come to find out it wasn't a manipulation, it was a completely different photo.

They also had a story about the DHS doing DUI checkpoints on some holiday which was completely false; the local LEOs were doing DUI checkpoints.

There are other examples that I can't recall right off the top of my head. But as I said, I've caught them in enough inaccurate that they just can't be trusted.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Me too While anyone can put a spin on any information, if the information itself is good, why does it matter?
    Last edited by AFPVet; 02-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by iamdigital View Post

the main point is that these camps are/can get built. nobody will know who will populate them until the day comes, so speculation is normal. infowars is giving their alternative view and its 100% legit to do so.

you have the freedom to do whatever you want with information like this. you can take it on board or you can reject it. you can agree with some of it and can differ with other parts. its up to you. just dont shoot the messengers and call on people to not post links. it sickens me. especially on a Ron Paul forum.
    This.
    I am the spoon.

They also had a story about the DHS doing DUI checkpoints on some holiday which was completely false; the local LEOs were doing DUI checkpoints.

There are other examples that I can't recall right off the top of my head. But as I said, I've caught them in enough inaccurate that they just can't be trusted.
    This one?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...hway-near-you/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

For facts on this issue- here is an official summary of the bids being requested: https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...=core&_cview=1
    The contractor shall construct and operate a Responder Support Camp (RSC) in which to stage responders and other authorized personnel and assets deployed for occurrences or events requiring a federal government response. The National Responder Support Camps contract will be used by FEMA, or by other federal agencies through FEMA, consistent with the specific authorities of the agency utilizing the contract's services.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards. During disaster situations or other events, FEMA federal, state and local responders may need a place that provides shelter, food, and additional basic needs. Hence the need for the procurement of effective and efficient Responder Support Camps is present.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast