Thread: Which states have the best property rights?

Which states have the best property rights?

I've been looking at raw land for my parents and my self. Any input would help.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michael Badnarik says that you can get land with Allodial Title, but someone else told me that's a myth.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Michael Badnarik says that you can get land with Allodial Title, but someone else told me that's a myth.
    I dont know what that is

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I dont know what that is
    don't worry about it, you aren't gonna get that. all land belongs to the crown now.

Alaska. You can still stake claims there.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Alaska. You can still stake claims there.
    I like Alaska but I would like a longer growing season if possible.

I have some answers, but your question is broad. Define aspects of property rights in which you're interested. What is your goal? What have you researched already? Have you narrowed down your areas?

I made colloidial investment in Wyoming, but it's a small piece of land. We might retire there. The period between now and then will help with taxes. There are some good links for property rights for that state, which provide an overview for other states.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    From MN Constitution:

Sec. 15. LANDS ALLODIAL; VOID AGRICULTURAL LEASES. All lands within the state are allodial and feudal tenures of every description with all their incidents are prohibited. Leases and grants of agricultural lands for a longer period than 21 years reserving rent or service of any kind shall be void.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?189599
    Last edited by Danke; 03-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I think parts of Texas have the closest thing to alloidal title left in the USA

I am not sure what the best state is. HI is one of the worst. Plus any state where there is a chance of another oil pipeline or major new oil development has some areas (not most of the state) at risk. Those states include AK and the Keystone Pipeline states (MT, ND, SD, NE, OK and TX.)
    http://www.transcanada.com/keystone_pipeline_map.html

You may want to consider towns in certain states. For examples, certain towns don't have property taxes. Certain towns don't have zoning. Perhaps there are places without zoning or property taxes. However, a government can always change that.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 03-06-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

West Virginia is a pretty good state for being left alone. In some ways it sucks as badly as other states, DMV and that sort of thing. VERY gun friendly - one of the best. Property taxes are very low in most counties. I was on 100 acres in Summers county and paid $280/year in property tax. The eastern counties in proximity to DC and Baltimore are predictably less reasonable.

All in all a decent state in real estate terms. It is THE biggest welfare state in the nation, which sucks.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    West Virginia is a pretty good state for being left alone. In some ways it sucks as badly as other states, DMV and that sort of thing. VERY gun friendly - one of the best.
    The DMV doesn't suck badly where I live. I think there was 1 person in front of me the first time I went and 2 people in front of me the next time I went. Anyway, WV has bad gun laws compared to many states (NH, ME, VT, MT, WY, AK, ID...) You have to be 21 to get a concealed carry permit? What kind of crap is that? There is no age where I live. Local cities have their own gun restrictions in WV. You have to take a course to get a concealed carry permit? That's crazy. I could go on
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.