Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RASMUSSEN: Obama Falls Behind Paul - Paul 43% Obama 41% (on Drudge)

If you want the public to know that Ron Pal is electable, your goal over the next 24 hours should be to get this poll out to every outlet possible.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also it says "Paul has the biggest gender gap of any GOP hopeful. The libertarian congressman leads by 13 among men and trails by eight among women. Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals."

So Paul is getting liberals to think about voting for him over Obama. How can Paul lose if he gets most people under 30, Independents, Republicans, and liberals vs Obama in a general election.

As long as it goes to a brokered convention I think people will get feed up with the other 3 and Paul's poll numbers will be a lot higher. And the GOP might cave and tell the other 3 to hand over their delegates even if Paul only has 500. Wishful thinking lol

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't believe it...the media says everything is turning up sunshine and lollipops and the love affair is back on for the velvet crooner.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Also it says "Paul has the biggest gender gap of any GOP hopeful. The libertarian congressman leads by 13 among men and trails by eight among women. Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals."

So Paul is getting liberals to think about voting for him over Obama. How can Paul lose if he gets most people under 30, Independents, Republicans, and liberals vs Obama in a general election.

As long as it goes to a brokered convention I think people will get feed up with the other 3 and Paul's poll numbers will be a lot higher. And the GOP might cave and tell the other 3 to hand over their delegates even if Paul only has 500. Wishful thinking lol
    Exactly.

Fox News Producer: Ignore (button)

This is what the MSM will do:

"We have new numbers coming in from Rasmussen on head to head numbers with Obama. How do the Republicans stand up?"

(commercial break)

"New numbers show Mitt Romney is up on Obama (enter amount), while Santorum is a few point short of Obama."

(insert graph)

"Karl Rove is here to analyze."

(discussion with no mention of Newt or Paul)

The reason they won't mention Newt and Paul is to try and show they are not being bias towards Paul. "See, we didn't include Newt either"

MSM is so predictable.
    Last edited by No Free Beer; 02-27-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Fredom101 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how Romney would beat Obama in an election? Unless we RP supporters are willing to go out and vote for Romney, I see this as impossible. I think these surveys are flawed.
    Unfortunately, there still aren't that many of us.

He WOULD win, easy. I used to be a liberal too and I'd vote for him any day.

On the plus side it concedes Ron is a 'frontrunner' on the negative, it ignores polls OTHERS have done showing Ron running ahead of Obama and ones RAsmussen itself has done showing Ron within the margin of error and implies this is a one off.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Cruise'n View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I put this on the front page already

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Rasmussen usually has Paul about 10% behind Obama. Something big must have happened.

And Paul keeps Obama the lowest by stealing independents .
    Rasmussen has had Ron one point away from Obama and a couple points away from Obama. He 'usually' rated Ron all by himself when Obama had high favorables. In every poll grouping I've seen where candidates were rated against Obama at the same time, Ron ALWAYS either does best or second to Romney.

This is where Ron needs to make an ad.

ELECTABLE!

was this poll taken after the debate ?

This makes me want to yell "it was a firefight!" and then dance around waving my hands.
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 02-27-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately, there still aren't that many of us.
    Oh, I think there are enough to sway the general. Because we are the swing votes they count on, as well as the libertarian wing of the GOP. It is just that only 17 states have open primaries. We need to take down ballot and debate access restrictions in all the states. When a third of the country is disenfranchised (independent) in primaries, that should be unacceptable to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Hmmm nothing about Romney? I see a link there of Brewer endorsing Romney as well. Biatch.
    Maybe the link was changed?

Mitt Romney leads the president in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Romney earns 45% of the vote, while the president attracts support from 43%.

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama.
    Ron Paul - Peacemonger

we lose 17% of Republicans but pick up 15% of Liberals? interesting. Perhaps this shows the percentage of both sides who have foreign policy as their key issue, regardless of party.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    great news ... damn I hope they count our votes with no more bs or tricks
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Hmm... this is good news for Paul and Romney, but polls this early really don't mean much. The two sides haven't even started to demolish each other yet.

I believe that Newt would lose that badly, however.

I think there's something else going on here. Honestly.

It's stereotypical, but it's my personal opinion/theory. Democrats are generally younger by comparison, and also less influenced by religion (as they're predominantly atheist by comparison as well). I don't like to use collectivist terminology, but I do imagine this is playing a greater role than anything.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Oh, I think there are enough to sway the general. Because we are the swing votes they count on, as well as the libertarian wing of the GOP. It is just that only 17 states have open primaries. We need to take down ballot and debate access restrictions in all the states. When a third of the country is disenfranchised (independent) in primaries, that should be unacceptable to anyone.
    Maybe if the war in Afghanistan really goes south and President Obama's approval ratings continue to go down, maybe there would be a slight chance that Gary Johnson could surge and actually be in contention to win the Presidency. It's a long shot, and I know a lot of people here don't like him, but I think I'd certainly take Johnson over Romney and Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    I think there's something else going on here. Honestly.

It's stereotypical, but it's my personal opinion/theory. Democrats are generally younger by comparison, and also less influenced by religion (as they're predominantly atheist by comparison as well). I don't like to use collectivist terminology, but I do imagine this is playing a greater role than anything.
    What exactly are you implying is going on? I'm not sure I follow what that statement was supposed to achieve? Its playing a greater role in what? The demise of the Republican Theocrats? The rise of libertarianism in young people and young conservatives? A lot of libertarians are very influenced by religion, like Ron Paul. We're just smart enough to recognize that limited government is the most compatible form of government with our philosophy and that "there is no morality without freedom" as Pope JP2 said.
    Last edited by Shane Harris; 02-27-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Paul beats Obama and that's without (yet) winning a GOP contest. Imagine how one sided the general election will be if Paul wins contests and wins the nomination. Super Tuesday needs to deliver a win (or more).

Quote Originally Posted by Cruise'n View Post
    Welcome! I was a liberal as well. Then I read Liberty Defined & End the Fed (A couple of Ron Paul's books) and then I became hooked to Ron Paul's message.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is one article about the poll so I recommend people tweet/facebook it:

http://www.ology.com/politics/mitt-r...obama/02272012

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    we lose 17% of Republicans but pick up 15% of Liberals? interesting. Perhaps this shows the percentage of both sides who have foreign policy as their key issue, regardless of party.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Very interesting indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    What exactly are you implying is going on? I'm not sure I follow what that statement was supposed to achieve? Its playing a greater role in what? The demise of the Republican Theocrats? The rise of libertarianism in young people and young conservatives? A lot of libertarians are very influenced by religion, like Ron Paul. We're just smart enough to recognize that limited government is the most compatible form of government with our philosophy and that "there is no morality without freedom" as Pope JP2 said.
    That the youth is a majority leaning towards the Democratic Party, while also increasingly Atheist.

That the elder as a majority, is leaning towards the Republic Party, while also increasingly Religious.

Stereotypical argument. Both seem to be their true demographics "by comparison."
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

I just realized paul is leading obama without even winning a state yet lol, ron would eat obama alive in the general.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast