Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Ohio high school

Shooting at Ohio high school

A gunman is in custody following gunfire at an Ohio high school in which two, or perhaps as many as four people, were shot, the Associated Press reports, quoting officials.

The shooting occurred around 7:30 a.m. at Chardon High School in northeastern Ohio, about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T0uVUPF5mSN
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These school shootings are an absolute tragedy. The first question I have to ask is where were the parents of the shooter?

The number of wounded has been raised to five, and one has died.
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/27...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

With every f--- up that does this, American schools will become more and more like prisons.

They are already starting the push for greater gun-control. It appears that gun-control was really working in this instance after all.... /sarc.

Quote Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
    They are already starting the push for greater gun-control. It appears that gun-control was really working in this instance after all.... /sarc.
    Arm the teachers? Because all teachers are inherently good and not prone to anger, right?
    Arm the kids? At what age?
    Mandatory gun-safety classes? Military state.

There is no easy solution to the problem.

Actually, there is no solution to people killing one another. You can't do anything about it. So don't give up rights for an illusion.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Actually, there is no solution to people killing one another. You can't do anything about it. So don't give up rights for an illusion.
    Yup, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupified View Post
    Arm the teachers? Because all teachers are inherently good and not prone to anger, right?

Like a helluva lot of very difficult problems, there are no easy solutions. I for one, would perhaps push for a debate within the school district to determine the efficacy of a private contract with a firearms instructor to train and vet a certain few within a school (perhaps the principal or other similar officials) in the use of firearms. It's not perfect, but if someone is already on the scene and has access to a firearm, has been properly trained in its use as well as trusted by the community at large, maybe a tragedy could be prevented from becoming something worse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Stop DISarming people.
    Stop making victim disarmament zones.

It might not eliminate it,, but it sure won't encourage it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
    They are already starting the push for greater gun-control.
    The media probably had pro-gun control scripts sent to them before the shooting occurred.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Stop DISarming people.
    Stop making victim disarmament zones.

It might not eliminate it,, but it sure won't encourage it.
    So who do you allow the right to carry in a school zone?

Exactly, you have to realize we have only had school systems this big only for a little bit now in our countries history as all as others.

Stop giving up your freedoms for this illusion that you can save all the children.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Whatever your state or locality allows. .

just another reason to homeschool (or unschool)

Off the top of my head,,,

Americans

Some years ago, when I was in school,, many of us had guns in school.
    I shot on the Rifle team. Pick-up trucks had gun racks,, with guns in them.. commonly.

Nobody was shooting up schools.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-27-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Herd about this early this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with the victems familys.

Crazy thing is I just was talking with my mother yesterday and told her I was taking my son out of public school and going to do homeschool. Of course she questioned it b/c of lack of social life but I have done my research and I like what I see about homeschool. I am in Texas so It's pretty much like starting my own private school!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very sad.
    10 frn's says the shooter was on some kind of anti-depressant.
    " Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last."
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video
    YouTube - Ron Paul rally in Bend, Oregon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVo1...eature=related

All your delegates are belong to us!

Americans

I shot on the Rifle team. Pick-up trucks had gun racks,, with guns in them.. commonly.

What he said.

Murder in gun free zone - check
    Scream for more gun confiscation - check
    Prepare to repeat - check.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Americans

I remember when my school made people start locking rifles in the car trunks. It wasn't done for any human safety concerns. It was done to discourage thieves from breaking car windows and stealing the guns.

You're exactly right in what you said. However, there is a solution to kids killing other kids at school.
    When I went to school a school shooting was unheard of.

The solution may be lost forever, but our society once had what it took to keep things like this from happening.
    The family, and all sense of community has broken down to the point where unimaginable things are taking place.

I'm sure that there were a lot more guns when I went to school. Kids had them in the back windows of their trucks in the school parking lot. No one got shot.
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The media probably had pro-gun control scripts sent to them before the shooting occurred.
    Sent?

On file, ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan* View Post
    Like a helluva lot of very difficult problems, there are no easy solutions. I for one, would perhaps push for a debate within the school district to determine the efficacy of a private contract with a firearms instructor to train and vet a certain few within a school (perhaps the principal or other similar officials) in the use of firearms. It's not perfect, but if someone is already on the scene and has access to a firearm, has been properly trained in its use as well as trusted by the community at large, maybe a tragedy could be prevented from becoming something worse.
    Eh, not sure that would do any good, as far as I know, every school in the country has a full time cop on the campus.

There's a reason and a solution.

Nobody will want to hear it however, because I'll delve off into Pat Buchanan land.

Americans

Quote Originally Posted by 123tim View Post
    You're exactly right in what you said. However, there is a solution to kids killing other kids at school.
    When I went to school a school shooting was unheard of.

The solution may be lost forever, but our society once had what it took to keep things like this from happening.
    The family, and all sense of community has broken down to the point where unimaginable things are taking place.

I'm sure that there were a lot more guns when I went to school. Kids had them in the back windows of their trucks in the school parking lot. No one got shot.

Americans

I'm sure those guns in your truck would have saved you in a classroom shooting.

If a kid is determined to shoot up a school, he's probably going to succeed. The problem is much, much bigger than gun rights.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    These school shootings are an absolute tragedy. The first question I have to ask is where were the parents of the shooter?
    It's interesting you bring that up. I actually watched a movie about this topic last night on Netflix called "Beautiful Boy." In the movie, the parents of the kid who did the shooting had no idea there was anything wrong with him, or that he would ever do anything like that. It could be the same situation in this particular case.

This isn't necessarily true in all cases--particularly these school shootings and such; of course what can be done has nothing to do with legislation.

So here's a fellow who had a pretty wretched life, so lets follow it through. So when he was 2 1/2 his parents divorced; his father got custody by claiming the mother was both a prostitute and a drug-addict. He was molested--sexually molested, raped--in the first 3 years of his life. He was hospitalized and medicated on anti-psychotics at the age of 3 1/2 because he was fighting with his daycare teachers: biting and kicking at them; at 3/12 he was diagnosed with depression and PTSD. The father, who has custody of the kid, calls the cops on the wife and has her arrested in CPS many, many times; and the wife abandons the boy from his age of 7 to 17.

As an adult he starts making threats of killing and hurting people, and he openly talks about suicide with his friends. He's been on psychotropic medication for many years. His mother smokes marijuana with him a few months before what happens happens. He's caught by police drinking under-age in his Jeep; he writes a suicide note but doesn't follow through; he's caught cheating on his girlfriend, his girlfriend catches him, he talks about suicide again and writes suicide notes. He takes a gun and shows it to other children. The night before the event occurs his mother thinks/notices a gun is missing. The son writes another suicide note. His mother has kicked him out of his house and thrown out all of his belongings. This young man now sees a friend from the mental hospital and says his options are running out. He's been staying with people outside of his family--he calls these people and apologizes for what he's about to do; he calls his mother and apologizes for what he's about to do as well. A mother-figure in his life says he's been rejected and treated like a dog, all throughout his life by everyone. He says he's been a piece of $#@! his whole life and he's going to take other pieces of $#@! out with him when he goes. "Now I'm going to be famous"--in his suicide note.

On Dec. 5, 2007, Robert Hawkins walked into a mall in Omaha, Nebraska carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and 30 rounds of ammunition. He gunned down 8 people and wounded 2 others before shooting himself in what's been called the deadliest mall shooting in U.S. history.
    We can often see these things coming from a mile away if we just bother to look, and care. I agree that we should not be forfeiting our rights for the sake of security--but I think saying 'there's nothing we can do about people killing one another' is categorically false. We can start being decent human beings to each other, for starters.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    This isn't necessarily true in all cases--particularly these school shootings and such; of course what can be done has nothing to do with legislation.

We can often see these things coming from a mile away if we just bother to look, and care. I agree that we should not be forfeiting our rights for the sake of security--but I think saying 'there's nothing we can do about people killing one another' is categorically false. We can start being decent human beings to each other, for starters.
    I agree w/ what you're saying, these people are made. But you'll not ever stop murder unless you can eliminate all traits which cause strife between Humans. If Stefan has an answer for that, I'm all ears.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

I'm sure those guns in your truck would have saved you in a classroom shooting.

If a kid is determined to shoot up a school, he's probably going to succeed. The problem is much, much bigger than gun rights.
    Oh I agree, it is much larger but it shares some of the same roots.
    (into old phart mode)
    When I was in school,there was no such thing a ADHD or the multitude of drugs that accompany it.
    You will find that everyone of these school shootings involve Big Pharma Drugs (perfected under the MK_Ultra programs)

There were drugs. Pot, booze, speed, etc. but nothing like the mind $#@!ing drugs being prescribed to kids today.
    There were disputes and fights,, and guns were always readily available,, but not used. (very rarely,,never where I was).

Social Engineering.
    There is your problem. The more"Control" the social engineers have, the worse things get.
    Guns, drugs, sex, words,,,,, everything. The more control is imposed the worse it gets.

Just stop. Liberty is the answer.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This is why I support AZ SB 1201. I have a CCW, and do not want to be there if something were to happen, much less be there unarmed.

Who said anything about the state doing anything? If they lifted the idiotic ban of firearms on school stuff like this would not happen to the extent that it does. Everything you suggested is state action. Removing the ban would be the state removing it's intervention from the arena, and thusly allowing the people to assess their own choice.

Most teachers I know are pretty calm and tolerant, it's sort of the qualification in that profession. My wife is a teacher, and I know I wouldn't be able to handle that sort of strain, she does it without flinching. Everyone I have ever met that has been in that profession long enough to matter has the patience of Gandhi. Those that do not have patience usually do not last long.

Just to note, asking for an easy solution is essentially considering suicide. Nothing in life is easy. There is no easy way out for anything. This is the problem with the humanity these days. Everyone wants the easy way out, and they think the state can provide it for them. This is why people turn to collectivism.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I wouldn't doubt if they have numerous applicable scripts laying around, because they know the situation that is being created promotes this sort of violence.
    Last edited by NidStyles; 02-27-2012 at 05:03 PM.

My girlfriend goes to college near there and she knows people who knew the kid who got killed. Very tragic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast