Thread: Wyoming House passes DOOMSDAY bill

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.
    Why would a landlocked state want to acquire an aircraft carrier??

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Because in some sort of collapse, their boundaries may no longer be landlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Because in some sort of collapse, their boundaries may no longer be landlocked.
    You overestimate Wyoming's ability to expand nearly 1000 miles westwards to the ocean.

I bet you'd be in the crowd laughing a Noah too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

One of the State Reps comments:

This poor bill has taken such a beating. When I signed onto it, the sponsor - Rep. David Miller was attempting to have Wyoming do disaster preparedness ourselves, internally. He originally did not have the Gov in the bill at all, but that was amended in by Rep. Pete Illoway in committee. I had never heard of most of the stuff you are all posted above, nor I suspect had David Miller. The aircraft carrier was amended in by Rep. Kermit Brown really in a mean-spirited attempt to embarrass David. There are many who do not want Wyoming to make plans, but rather to defer to Homeland security and other federal agencies to do it for us. This had no nefarious purpose at the beginning, but at this point the poor bill has turned into a disaster.

University of Wyoming political science professor Jim King said the potential for a complete unraveling of the U.S. government and economy is “astronomically remote” in the foreseeable future.

Boy is he going to feel stupid in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I bet you'd be in the crowd laughing a Noah too.
    I'd be dressed up as a Pokemon to make sure I got my ticket onto the ark.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some admirals seem to think that carriers can do it all, and you don't even need an air force or army, so I can see the attraction that has for a certain segment of the population.

Still hope the bill passes - that is movement in the right direction.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I can just see it now. A hundred Wyomians on horses making their way across the desert to the sea. They spot an aircraft carrier docked at deserted military base. The ship towers hundreds of feet over the small group of horse riding cowboys. They climb onto the deck and make their way to the steering room. They look at each other and say, "what the f*** do we do now?"
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Wonder how long it'll take for DHS to come to their sense and realize they're all aiding and abetting terrorism!! INDEFINITE DETENTION FOR ALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    I can just see it now. A hundred Wyomians on horses making their way across the desert to the sea.
    Uhh... it's not really a desert between WY and the Pacific Ocean lolz :-P

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Uhh... it's not really a desert between WY and the Pacific Ocean lolz :-P
    It could be if the bombs fall.

Of course I think the desert would be the least of their problems. I think they'd have more to worry about form these guys:
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 02-27-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Power at sea is underestimated.

They could excavate a canal.
    Best of luck in life.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post

University of Wyoming political science professor Jim King said the potential for a complete unraveling of the U.S. government and economy is “astronomically remote” in the foreseeable future.

Boy is he going to feel stupid in the near future.

Dateline: 26 Feb. 1988

Moscow University Professor Dimitri Yurapovich said today the potential for the complete unraveling of the USSR's government and economy is "astronomically remote" in the foreseeable future.