Thread: In retaliation to any Israeli attack, Iran threatening attack on Israeli nuclear sites?

In retaliation to any Israeli attack, Iran threatening attack on Israeli nuclear sites?

Iran has not said this overtly but is this being hinted in recent statements out of Iran?
    For any experts here in this field, retaliating against an Israeli attack can Iran cause massive damage in Israel by targeting Israeli nuclear sites cited in news below considering that it is a tiny strip of land?

Iran: Attack Will Lead to Israel's Collapse

TEHRAN, Iran February 25, 2012 (AP)

Iran's defense minister warned that an Israeli attack on the Islamic Republic will lead to the collapse of the Jewish state, state television reported Saturday, in one of the strongest statements from Iran indicating it would retaliate should Israel attack its nuclear facilities.

Israel has recently stepped up its verbal threats that it could attack Iran's nuclear facilities.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...lapse-15789258

Iran: Our satellite photographed Israel's Dimona reactor, IDF bases

the Iranian website Mashreq claimed that the recently launched Navid-class satellite was able to take detailed photographs of the nuclear reactor in Dimona as well as "sensitive sites, air forces bases, and various areas of Tel Aviv."
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...bases-1.413335
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 02-25-2012 at 07:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From what I understand, and I am FAR from an expert mind you, Israel's biggest concern isn't retaliation from Iran itself, but Syria and Labanon, and possibly Pakistan now. Seems I read somewhere, when you add up all the rockets and missiles aimed at Israel from these countries combined, it numbers over 200k.

Can't remember the source off hand though.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I think you referred to this report:

Published 10:32 02.02.12 Latest update 10:32 02.02.12

Some 200,000 missiles aimed consistently at Israel, top IDF officer says
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...-says-1.410584

That is high number, even a quarter of this would render any interceptor system useless.

Aye.

And I'm sure Russia would do exactly what they did in Nam, and arm all opponents to NATO, if not get involved themselves. Lots of people forget, the biggest reason we armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan wasn't so much a moral issue, as it was revenge upon Russia for their arming of the communists in Nam.

People keep saying Obama is being weak with his dealings over Iran, even though I disagree with that assesment. I do think, however, he fully understands that Iran is not some isolated nation as Iraq was, which many neo-cons seem to conviently forget, and why I'm sure Israel wants full US support before they go messing with Iran.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Who really cares?

We should be fully focused on where are troops & bases are under attack & that is Afghanistan. Bring 'em home from there before more of our Sr. officers get taken out by a disloyal Afgahn puppet Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Aye.

And I'm sure Russia would do exactly what they did in Nam, and arm all opponents to NATO, if not get involved themselves. Lots of people forget, the biggest reason we armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan wasn't so much a moral issue, as it was revenge upon Russia for their arming of the communists in Nam.

People keep saying Obama is being weak with his dealings over Iran, even though I disagree with that assesment. I do think, however, he fully understands that Iran is not some isolated nation as Iraq was, which many neo-cons seem to conviently forget, and why I'm sure Israel wants full US support before they go messing with Iran.
    Good points. Only thing I woulod add is that Obama is more of a pupprt and does what his political masters tell him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Who really cares?

We should be fully focused on where are troops & bases are under attack & that is Afghanistan. Bring 'em home from there before more of our Sr. officers get taken out by a disloyal Afgahn puppet Gov.

If Iran really has the ability to retaliate against Isreal by attacking these sites, it would be a cause for concern for us also since Obama was sending or had already sent American troops there. It's unpredictable how Iran would retaliate in such a war but if they have the ability and there are potential risks of the kind that resulted from destabaized Japanese nuclear reactors recently, that would be cause of concern for everyone since we have bases in region too.

Thousands of US troops deploying to Israel
    Jan 5, 2012 ... Without much media attention, thousands of American troops are being deployed
    to Israel, and Iranian officials believe that this is the latest and ...
    rt.com/usa/news/us-troops-israel-iran-257/

But I agree that our primary focus now should be Afghanistan and illogical occupation/reconstruction drama that is going on there. US policy there is spinning out of control and US-Afghan trust has collapased with US funded/armed Afghan military/police attacks on US troops spiking. Obama probably can't travel there now with Israeli lobby coming to town in few days to stir up Iran war hysteria but where is Sec of State Hillary Clinton?
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 02-26-2012 at 10:51 AM.

In retaliation to ,,,,,, attack

This is key.

Iran is not the aggressor. They have very limited offensive capability.
    They have been attacked repeatedly for over 50 years and have defended themselves well.
    They have invested in Defensive capability.

I myself am a firm believer in self defense.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

This is key.
    Yep.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No way unless it is a last resort option.

They start attacking reactors and god-forbid damage one enough to go into meltdown the entire region of Palestine will become uninhabitable or at least anyone who lives there there will have tremendous problems with radiation poisoning for the next 100 years.If that happens you can guess what will happen to Iran.They will get nuked by everything that Israel has and that radiation will spread to the entire region (Central Asia,the Gulf and Afghanistan,Pakistan,India.Than the world will really collapse on its self even if the war does not get expanded by Russia and China.

On the other hand Israel will get hit hard by rocket barrages on civilian targets.Hezbollah already successfully managed to stop the Israeli armor in the Lebanon war and their anti-tank tactics proved very successful with the Israeli air force bombing sites far away and not able to respond in the region it will become pretty much a blood bath.
    Last edited by Demigod; 03-01-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

This is key.
    What about Iran supplying groups that routinely shoot missiles into Israel? Is Israel allowed to retaliate for that?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    What about Iran supplying groups that routinely shoot missiles into Israel? Is Israel allowed to retaliate for that?
    Israel is one of the largest weapons suppliers to many organized/rogue groups/regimes around the world including some terrorist groups. It was second biggest supplier of weapons to jihadi militants in Afghanistan, that's just getting the can opener. Using your logic, would you also justify retaliation against Israel by all those countries against whom Israeli supplied weapons have been used?
    On a more serious note, US is the largest supplier of bombs, missiles, planes to Israel that Israel uses to bomb/ethnically cleanse Palestinians, attack its neighbors like Lebanon etc. Are you going to justify retaliation against US by people that Israel bombs using American supplied weapons?

Let's try to discuss this without getting into 9/11 motivations debate, that's a whole different subject.