Thread: Ron Paul Pro-shot video and live streaming

Ron Paul Pro-shot video and live streaming

Does anyone know why the campaign doesn't have a professional television grade camera shooting every one of these huge rallies and speeches?

I'm assuming its the cost. Seems like it would be worth the $ to show people the energy of these crowds through a higher quality camera than a shaky phone.

It would be nice if they had at least one full time professional shooting video and streaming it live from every event. A couple ATSC grade cameras can't be to much for the campaign and it would be a huge step up from homemade video.

If a local or national news channel wanted to do a piece on an event it would be convienent for them and the campaign to have some pro footage on hand for them to piece in.

Generating our own pro-shot video of these rallies has obvious advantages for internet content. The MSM isn't going to do it for us unless they have to.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 02-26-2012 at 12:31 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They did seem to in the beginning, and yeah, I think they need to spend the money elsewhere with Super Tuesday coming. I'm sure it's a money and priorities issue.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    They did seem to in the beginning, and yeah, I think they need to spend the money elsewhere with Super Tuesday coming. I'm sure it's a money and priorities issue.

I don't know if it's really a money issue. The campaign could have purchased a HD camera for $3K or less, for super HIGH quality video...and other HD cameras for much less.
    Also, RP has the most supportive supporters, and I find it odd they wouldn't be able to find local RP supporters to help video events if they wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Does anyone know why the campaign doesn't have a professional television grade camera shooting every one of these huge rallies and speeches?

I'm assuming its the cost. Seems like it would be worth the $ to show people the energy of these crowds through a higher quality camera than a shaky phone.

It would be nice if they had at least one full time professional shooting video and streaming it live from every event. A couple ATSC grade cameras can't be to much for the campaign and it would be a huge step up from homemade video.

If a local or national news channel wanted to do a piece on an event it would be convienent for them and the campaign to have some pro footage on hand for them to piece in.

Generating our own pro-shot video of these rallies has obvious advantages for internet content. The MSM isn't going to do it for us unless they have to.
    That's what I've been wondering also, as well as a central place where one can easily bring up a video for any past event. My idea was to use the calendar format already on their website, but bring up the best YouTube or Vimeo or other video when one clicks on the link for a past event, instead of a map of the event which would stay for future events: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/category/events/month

There actually are pretty decent videos for most of the rallies over the last couple months, but there is no central place where one can easily find them. A counterargument for this request might be that all the speeches are similar, and so all one has to do is find one speech to get the general drift of what RP believes in. I don't like that reasoning because I think of RP's speeches being like a band with a good guitarist playing the same song at different concerts. The songs will sound different depending on which riffs the lead guitarist plays, and in addition people living in an area, like Wisconsin, would naturally be more interested in seeing a speech or rally done locally than out of state.

Paul knows people will film it, so there's no need to waste money and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

Thanks.

Yeah, I just mentioned it because I know that quality cameras are getting less and less expensive.

I know from experience that media outlets are much more likely to do a spot on any subject if someone else does the leg work for them (shooting/writing).

The audio and video quality is lacking on many of the RP video events recorded by 3rd parties, and may be too unprofessional for use by local media.

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    The audio and video quality is lacking on many of the RP video events recorded by 3rd parties, and may be too unprofessional for use by local media.
    Definitely. They prefer video made for ATSC in most cases. Probably a small part of the media blackout is due to the lack of pro-shot video and audio.

Local news affiliates are sometimes less discriminatory also, as long as it drew a crowd in their viewing area its a story.

They might do a piece on Dr. Paul even if they are a Fox station simply because they are further down the chain away from corporate management (though they might be reprimanded later).

That's not even mentioning all the tubes that people will make from the hi grade footage.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 02-26-2012 at 04:17 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Paul knows people will film it, so there's no need to waste money and resources.
    Yes but there's a big difference. Having a digitized press packet is key these days. Making/controlling your own media quality is important.

Think of all the events people have been posting images of recently. Now think of seeing those in pro quality video.... 100% better.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 02-26-2012 at 04:18 AM.