Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh just said Romney will and should pick Rand Paul for VP

Rush Limbaugh just said Romney will and should pick Rand Paul for VP

And Rand said the other day he would be honored to be considered by Romney for VP.

This is very, very interesting...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And... Rand just surged ahead of Rubio as the frontrunner for VP...

..If Romney gets the nomination.

Did we need yet another thread for this?

Maybe Ron will pick Romney to be VP, maybe not. Let's win the primary first.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Wow. This is huge. I don't care what anybody says. Rand is his father's son.

The Neocons are trying to pacify Ron. They listened to Jack Welch.

I would LOVE for Ron to hold his ground and say "Look, GOP. I'm unwavering and you know this! I'll take Mitt as my VP or y'all can go to hell!"
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 02-23-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

VP has no power.
    If Dr.Paul is not the next president,the whole economy will tank,and Romney/Rand will take the blame.
    I don't see this as a winning proposition.
    " Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last."
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video
    YouTube - Ron Paul rally in Bend, Oregon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVo1...eature=related

All your delegates are belong to us!

What do they have to pacify us with when we very clearly neither can nor will believe a word out of their mouths after decades of betrayal and lies?

They can go to hell. Ron/Rand are way too much of a class act. They -don't- pander. Ever.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Good. Rand's name is getting out there as a political heavyweight. No publicity is bad publicity, especially with all the pub rubio has recently garnered.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoonian View Post
    VP has no power.
    If Dr.Paul is not the next president,the whole economy will tank,and Romney/Rand will take the blame.
    I don't see this as a winning proposition.
    Strategically it might be brilliant. If Rand was on the ticket and Romney lost, Rand would be the obvious frontrunner in 2016(like how everyone wanted Sarah Palin to run this year). That said, we have a nomination to win with Ron. So everything else is irrelevant to me right now.

Rubio left the Mormon Church. Romney's base of support would be very upset if he picked Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    They can go to hell. Ron/Rand are way too much of a class act. They -don't- pander. Ever.
    That's what I'm thinking. But what if Romney really will be the low-taxes, cut-spending, repeal-regulation guy he says he's going to be? Maybe Rand could be the guy to hold him to those promises...

We should not be totally against this if it does not entail Rand giving up on his principles, which is by no means necessary if he becomes VP.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Good. Rand's name is getting out there as a political heavyweight. No publicity is bad publicity, especially with all the pub rubio has recently garnered.
    If people are going to speculate about VPs it is better Rand's name is in the mix than not, but I suspect this particular point has more to do with RON"s being a heavyweight.

Speculation is speculation, and the media is feeding it big time. Since we are running for RON, not Romney, to be President, it really shouldn't be us feeding the rumor, and certainly not in Ron's Presidential Run grass roots central.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The better question is "who is going to be Ron's VP when he gets the nomination?"

- ML

First and foremost I want Ron to be the nominee, however if worse came to worse and there is no doubt that Romney has secured the nomination, I think there is a better chance of having at least a little bit of positive change in the country if Rand is the VP and Ron gets a position of power in the Fed Reserve or Treasury than if say Ron ran 3rd party which would most likely secure a second term for Obama.

Look I don't want any other candidate than Paul as president, but we need to at the very least secure some sort of power position if we don't win the nomination to try and bring about real and good changes in the administration.

I was unfortunate enough to be in the car eating lunch when I heard it.

Limbaugh had the audacity to say he wrote an email months ago to his brother that first revealed this strategy but he didn't tell anybody else he knew about it. I mean...is this guy on drugs?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    is this guy on drugs?
    What kind of question is that?!?!?! Of course he is.

I was unfortunate enough to be in the car eating lunch when I heard it.

Limbaugh had the audacity to say he wrote an email months ago to his brother that first revealed this strategy but he didn't tell anybody else he knew about it. I mean...is this guy on drugs?
    History says ...

I think Rand is a more tamed version of his father -- similar, but not interchangeable.

If it came down to Romney and whoever or Obama and Ron was without question out of the process, I'd be happy about Romney/Rand so long as Rand could have legitimate debate with Romney over the issues and perhaps lead him in a different way on at least some of the major issues.

Romney/Rand and Paul as Treasury Secretary or Chairman of the FED (he'd eventually lead himself out of a job by ending it!)! haha

Please stop talking about this. Someone who actually works on the campaign said yesterday that there is no chance of this happening and Doug Wead said that "Romney is Obama-Lite and not very lite at that". It's not gonna happen. Ron is trying to beat Romney not get Rand a VP spot. They may have teamed up to tag team Santorum and get him out of the spotlight but that is it.

If Rush likes it it must be a bad idea.

Still, the more power Ron Paul gets the better Rand Paul's (and those State and Federal politicians who have come out in support of Ron Paul's Presidential campaign) political future becomes.

This is the main reason I don't think Ron Paul would ever go third party, he would leave those who are coming after him in the Republican Party picking up the pieces of his broken influence in the GOP.

As we have already seen in Iowa and Nevada, Ron Paul Republicans are gaining control now, and in 2 to 4 years could easily be the majority in the Republican Party with the hard core neocons kicked back to the Democrats.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

If mitt is the nominee there is no doubt that Rand will be the first one offered the veep position. I'd be willing to bet mitt has already called Rand. If you notice, Rand has changed his rhetoric lately. Not in a sell out type of way, but certainly has sounded very partisan.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Rush has been pushing this Paul/Romney merger all morning. Did anyone hear the caller who said that Romney opposes the Patriot Act?

They are using this to double up on their smears of both Romney and Paul.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I mean...is this guy on drugs?
    He has been for a long time. The question is which drugs? We know about his painkiller addiction... wouldn't be surprised if there were other addictions up his sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Did we need yet another thread for this?

Maybe Ron will pick Romney to be VP, maybe not. Let's win the primary first.
    Yeah. Or maybe Ron will pick Rand to be VP.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoonian View Post
    VP has no power.
    Andrew Johnson, Chester Arthur, Lyndon Johnson, Gerald Ford, etc. all agree!

Rockwell said today that all this $#@! is the latest trick from the Establishment to weaken our resolve. Don't give in!

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Rockwell said today that all this $#@! is the latest trick from the Establishment to weaken our resolve.
    So the establishment beamed their mind-control rays into Rand Paul's noggin, to have him say that being considered for the position of Vice President in a Republican administration would be an honor?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Rockwell said today that all this $#@! is the latest trick from the Establishment to weaken our resolve.
    It's not.

^ Since everyone affiliated with the campaign in any way denies that there is an alliance between the two I would say that the perpetuation of this "rumor" is done to make us feel like Ron has possibly sold out which is proven here by the need to create 30 different threads about the same topic and every single one is filled with the same people discussing the pros/cons of a hypothetical scenario.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 02-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast