Thread: If someone can convince Rand Paul to do one appearance (60 miles from home), we'll win TN

If someone can convince Rand Paul to do one appearance (60 miles from home), we'll win TN

We are at a turning point. Santorum is crushed by the debate. Social conservatives here are very confused and they like Rand, and in southern politics being related to someone someone likes is a justification for voting for them. It's how the southern mentality of familiarity works. If Rand could just swing by Nashville for a quick rally, we can win TN for Dr. Paul.

Rand Paul's home in Bowling Green is only an hour away. Come home and see the fam, Rand! =D
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It sounds like a good idea to me. His recent encounter with the TSA at the Nashville airport has raised his profile even higher in Middle TN. A quick visit from Rand would win a lot of votes for sure.

What does the polling data show?

Good idea. We can capitalize on Romney's problem with evangelicals and Santorum's recent slide. Ron and Rand could come out strong with an evangelical-tinged liberty message and take back those votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    What does the polling data show?
    I think the most recent poll was (before the debate):

33% Santorum
    17% Romney
    13% Paul
    10% Gingrich

27% Undecided/Other

Quote Originally Posted by braane View Post

33% Santorum
    17% Romney
    13% Paul
    10% Gingrich

27% Undecided/Other
    2nd place in TN would be a win, I don't think it should be ignored with 58 delegates. Especially with Rand so conveniently close

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Rand appearance is always good and I'm not discouraging it. But what evidence is there that one personal appearance would overcome a 20 point deficiency in the polling?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    A Rand appearance is always good and I'm not discouraging it. But what evidence is there that one personal appearance would overcome a 20 point deficiency in the polling?
    I seriously believe that Santorum will lose a couple of points after the recent debate. The question is: Who will be the beneficiary? Ron is only 4 points behind Romney, that's virtually nothing. I don't know if there are any reasonable chances to win the state, but a 20 percentage point lead by Santorum is definitely better than a Romney lead at this point. There are also 27% undecideds. So there is potential for everyone.
    Last edited by Danan; 02-26-2012 at 02:43 PM.

33% Santorum
    17% Romney
    13% Paul
    10% Gingrich

27% Undecided/Other
    Cite your source please?

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Cite your source please?
    http://www.vanderbilt.edu/csdi/2012poll.php

Did you post the idea in the suggestions forum or send an e-mail to the campaign? It sounds positive to me and if there are any flaws in it Rand is the most likely person to know them so why not bring it to his attention?
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Interesting. I had not seen that before.

We need one post-debate.

Contact Gary Howard, Ron Paul's press sec.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by opinionatedfool View Post
    Contact Gary Howard, Ron Paul's press sec.
    He has nothing to do with this, please don't waste Gary's time.

With a Santorum skid on the horizon and if Rand were to go stumping for Ron across the state, we can hopefully lock up a win in TN. I am glad to see Romney polling in the high teens there. We're right behind him.
    Last edited by Blue; 02-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.

I have called and emailed. IT would make a huge difference. Do Tennessee and your dad a big favor and come help Tennesseans understand why your dad is the only Constitutional Conservative running

Belmont University has already offered to host Rand Paul and I have back up locations as well. Somebody help the Volunteer State and tell Rand Paul to come stump for his Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Fuller View Post
    Belmont University has already offered to host Rand Paul and I have back up locations as well. Somebody help the Volunteer State and tell Rand Paul to come stump for his Dad!
    I am not sure Rand should be stumping for Dad considering his vote for Iran sanctions, which are an act of war according to his Dad, making Rand a neocon light.

Hey Rand, some of us still await your justification beyond it "being better than an out right attack on innocent people?"
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmkeisling View Post
    I am not sure Rand should be stumping for Dad considering his vote for Iran sanctions, which are an act of war according to his Dad, making Rand a neocon light.

Hey Rand, some of us still await your justification beyond it "being better than an out right attack on innocent people?"
    What's wrong with neocons stumping for Paul if most Republican voters are neocons? I would love it if Hannity would stump for Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    What's wrong with neocons stumping for Paul if most Republican voters are neocons? I would love it if Hannity would stump for Paul!
    Yes in true neocon fashion co-opt our message of freedom, liberty and peace; is the essence of "Ron Pauling," all of a sudden they are all doing it Hannity and his ilk, as well as the true neoconservative policy makers should be hung.

They have done nothing to advance the cause, but have propelled the bi-partisan effort that has stripped us of our freedoms, our wealth, our ability to prosper, and thrust the entire world into a downward spiral of destruction. Is winning the presidency even worth associating with these types? Inviting them into the fold to give it more exposure only poisons it. Winning at any cost is not really winning, IMHO.
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

If you think Rand Paul is a neocon, you are delusional, uninformed, and haven't been paying attention to what he's been doing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul fever has hit TN. I'm in Cookeville, half way between Nashville and Knoxville. Rand coming would legitimize Ron here and be a massive bump.

I bet I can get him a location at Tn Tech, it has 10k students and have nearly a Ron Paul cult going on.

The fever is here!! We made a bunch of signs and put them up over the week. Our neighbors to the East in Crossville (hit by tornado last night) have as many Ron Paul signs as they do property assessors signs.

If someone has the connection with Rand make this happen and we will deliver