Thread: FYI, Politifact rates Ron 'Pants on Fire' for telling the truth about rising gas prices

FYI, Politifact rates Ron 'Pants on Fire' for telling the truth about rising gas prices

The statement by Ron was: "Today gasoline hit $6 a gallon in Florida."

that is 'today' and 'hit', not consistently and average, which is how they rate it. Ron clearly was speaking of the high price, but showing how high it has gotten. Since they refused to interpret it that way and found the 'average', far from tourist locations, was under $4, they rated it false.

By the way, it is closer to $5 than $4 unless you go to 'discount' stations near me, and none of those are VERY near me, and even they are close to $4.50. But I'm in California, which like SOME AREAS of Florida, is in an air zone requiring the more expensive formulations of gasoline to be sold in order to meet federal clean air standards. The 'average' ignores these peaks and factors in rural areas with no impact by the CAA at all.

story: h xxp://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2012/feb/23/ron-paul/gas-prices-are-6-gallon-florida-says-ron-paul/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-23-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Politifact is liberal trash and they always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by cstarace View Post
    Politifact is liberal trash and they always have been.
    Yeah, and that's why Rachel Maddow of MSNBC routinely talks about them on her show and trashes them for not being factual.

I was in Orlando and Miami last week and paid 4.59 for fuel on my drive back, it was 93 octane however.
    No one reads signatures.

87 here and I filled up the other day @ 3.65$ a gallon (If memory serves correct). I wasn't aware that gas anywhere in the state had hit 6$. Politifact methodology is bunk in any event. They have no interest in being non-biased. You can tell in most of their ratings it is slanted towards Statist assumptions and prescriptions.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    87 here and I filled up the other day @ 3.65$ a gallon (If memory serves correct). I wasn't aware that gas anywhere in the state had hit 6$. Politifact methodology is bunk in any event. They have no interest in being non-biased. You can tell in most of their ratings it is slanted towards Statist assumptions and prescriptions.
    This $5.89 was at the MCO airport shell station that has insane pricing, go just down the road and it is $1.50 or more less.
    No one reads signatures.

Well, that was on drudge yesterday that gas had hit $6.00.