Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Ready for the Ron Paul DEBATE SURGE

I agree we could see a surge. It's kind of sad but a sure way to get attention is to attack your opponents. We took off in Iowa after attacking Newt.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Republicans want a strong leader. Strong = troll and punk the opponent.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been listening to the same neocon station every morning on the way to work for the last few years and I have never heard any mention of Ron Paul until today. They actually played the "he's fake" soundbite from the debate as one of the highlights. There's something happening here.

A Ron Paul surge? I wish... This is the same media which has lied to us for so many years!

That said, if we SAY there's a Ron Paul surge... It might actually happen! It's not give up hope!

I wish!
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 02-23-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Why not a surge.

We have 5 choices with 4 being more war and spending, and one being less war and cut spending if we are to survive as a Country. One might not like all of Dr. Paul's positions, but, we know the other 4 choices will end up in us all being broke. Simple as that.

There are but a few trips around the turnip patch, before there are no more turnips left.

We can help the SURGE after Ron Paul's outstanding debate performance last night by Phoning from Home and by making a donation to the Campaign to show our support.

All future Money Bombs should have the title No One But Paul as part of its name.

After the February 14th $952K haul, the Money Bomb averaged $175K per day for the next six days. It has been the longest and most consistently successful Money Bomb in Ron Paul Campaign History. Not the largest, but certainly the one with the most staying power, 7 days no less.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1836 View Post
    Ron Paul's performance last night was strong and aggressive, and he scored real hits on Santorum. It seems clear that this was, in terms of how the media has responded to it, one of the best (or THE best) debate performances ever.

At this critical stage of the game, with skepticism towards Santorum starting to surge, and Romney still looked upon poorly by many Republicans, and Newt gaining little traction in his attempt to reassert himself, we are in prime position for our polling numbers to pop after that great debate.

The key indicator should be this one: The Gallup Tracking Poll

This poll is the gold standard of election tracking polls, and their methodology is sound. Their exact numbers may be a bit off, but it is a four day rolling average, and so it certainly picks up trends.

The most recent numbers released today indicate Feb. 18-22 polling. That doesn't include today, mind you.

IF Ron Paul picks up more than a point tomorrow, i.e., if he gains two points or more in tomorrow's Gallup release, then we know FOR SURE that the debate had a HUGE impact and we must immediately seize upon this opportunity to try and rocket Ron Paul into a higher position.

Think about it: If Ron Paul picks up more than a couple points tomorrow on Gallup, that means that ONE poll taken TODAY has enough of an impact to transform the FOUR DAY AVERAGE by 20% (in relation to the rolling average) or more, meaning his actual support in that one poll is much higher than the average and even higher than the new rolling number.

So far, the biggest increases in support that candidates have gained have been for Newt and Santorum, Santorum after he won the Iowa caucuses and later after he won the three states, then Newt after South Carolina. In each case, the candidates at most picked up 3 or 4 points in the Gallup average on a single day.

If we, too pick up 3 or 4 points tomorrow, we know this debate had a tremendous impact and we might surge in our own way, perhaps up to the high teens nationally.

Look for it. I really think it's quite possible. I'm so thrilled that Ron blew 'em away last night.
    Definitely worth keeping an eye on, and right before Super Tuesday makes it even more Prime
    It's also prime time to feed the effort by donating time (in the form of calls from home et al) and money to the campaign so they can really push
    our debate (and post debate interview, the MSM confirmed Ron is in 2nd place) performance into something even more substantive.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Hey didn't we have a Ron Paul surge hashtag #RonPaulSurge (hope I'm doing it right)
    If you don't live you life on the edge, you will never see the view

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    We can help the SURGE after Ron Paul's outstanding debate performance last night by Phoning from Home and by making a donation to the Campaign to show our support.

All future Money Bombs should have the title No One But Paul as part of its name.

After the February 14th $952K haul, the Money Bomb averaged $175K per day for the next six days. It has been the longest and most consistently successful Money Bomb in Ron Paul Campaign History. Not the largest, but certainly the one with the most staying power, 7 days no less.....
    "No one but Paul" - Moneybomb. I like it.
    Question Authority !

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    from what i can tell, most candidates 'surges' were MSM outlet generated. until the major mouthpieces on CNN/MSNBC/CNN and the right wing radio drones start rallying around RP, i don't have any reason to believe there will be a significant surge.

My neo-con FB friend and Rick Santorum supporter, who calls Ron a cook all the time said this.

"you should know that ol' Ronnie did something last night that I literally clapped my hands for. In an almost concession-like moment, he asked - should one of his Republican opponents become president - that they do things according to the Constitution if going to war was the issue. I.e., he wanted them to go to the PEOPLE to see what they thought. I agreed 1000%. Our Constitution is perfect and its Amendments - sans the 18th and my own issues with Amendments like the 26th - are too."

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl2012 View Post
    My neo-con FB friend and Rick Santorum supporter, who calls Ron a cook all the time said this.
    He must have read the Ron Paul cookbook
    Once you go Paul, you see through them all.

Quote Originally Posted by thesnake742 View Post
    He must have read the Ron Paul cookbook
    You just never know how "ol`Ronnie" will creep into your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by thesnake742 View Post
    He must have read the Ron Paul kookbook
    I fixed it for ya, lol
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

If the debate motivates the GOTV effort and draws some of Santos soft support Super Tuesday could shape up very well indeed.

Lets focus on Donations and Phone from Home, to push this debate surge into Super Tuesday results
    Last edited by PolicyReader; 02-23-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    from what i can tell, most candidates 'surges' were MSM outlet generated. until the major mouthpieces on CNN/MSNBC/CNN and the right wing radio drones start rallying around RP, i don't have any reason to believe there will be a significant surge.
    I don't really remember the media surging Santorum for the 3 state win, that seemed like a surprise. Maybe I'm wrong though, I've tried to avoid the mainstream media so maybe I missed it.

Hopefully Paul does surge and leaves the media/elites little time to tear him down before Super Tuesday.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Don't wait for the poll... Start talking about Ron Paul's surge everywhere you post!

Speak this into reality! The media does it all the time.

If we say Ron Paul surge 20,000 times, the media will read it. If Gallup or some other polling agency even notices a slight bump, they may use that language to describe it.
    Huzzah!!!

Bump!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

I hear more and more people talking about him. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Don't wait for the poll... Start talking about Ron Paul's surge everywhere you post!

Speak this into reality! The media does it all the time.

If we say Ron Paul surge 20,000 times, the media will read it. If Gallup or some other polling agency even notices a slight bump, they may use that language to describe it.
    YES

thats a good analysis and lets hope to see this surge.

Quote Originally Posted by 1836 View Post
    Ron Paul's performance last night was strong and aggressive, and he scored real hits on Santorum. It seems clear that this was, in terms of how the media has responded to it, one of the best (or THE best) debate performances ever.

At this critical stage of the game, with skepticism towards Santorum starting to surge, and Romney still looked upon poorly by many Republicans, and Newt gaining little traction in his attempt to reassert himself, we are in prime position for our polling numbers to pop after that great debate.

The key indicator should be this one: The Gallup Tracking Poll

This poll is the gold standard of election tracking polls, and their methodology is sound. Their exact numbers may be a bit off, but it is a four day rolling average, and so it certainly picks up trends.

The most recent numbers released today indicate Feb. 18-22 polling. That doesn't include today, mind you.

IF Ron Paul picks up more than a point tomorrow, i.e., if he gains two points or more in tomorrow's Gallup release, then we know FOR SURE that the debate had a HUGE impact and we must immediately seize upon this opportunity to try and rocket Ron Paul into a higher position.

Think about it: If Ron Paul picks up more than a couple points tomorrow on Gallup, that means that ONE poll taken TODAY has enough of an impact to transform the FOUR DAY AVERAGE by 20% (in relation to the rolling average) or more, meaning his actual support in that one poll is much higher than the average and even higher than the new rolling number.

So far, the biggest increases in support that candidates have gained have been for Newt and Santorum, Santorum after he won the Iowa caucuses and later after he won the three states, then Newt after South Carolina. In each case, the candidates at most picked up 3 or 4 points in the Gallup average on a single day.

If we, too pick up 3 or 4 points tomorrow, we know this debate had a tremendous impact and we might surge in our own way, perhaps up to the high teens nationally.

Look for it. I really think it's quite possible. I'm so thrilled that Ron blew 'em away last night.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    This is backing up what I hear from my long time barber that many people are not going to vote BO.
    You know I hadn't thought about the local barber. With primaries less than a week away I better get a haircut just to get in there and talk politics. Not many old style barber shops around but they do have interesting discussions.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

People at work, who happen to know me as a Paulbot, have actually made a point to come find me in my office, and ask me how I felt about the debate. 5 separate people, and plenty of bystanders. Unfortunately I was at Ash Wednesday service and missed it....and forgot to DVR it. Fortunately, RPF had educated me enough on the highlights that I had a lot to add to the conversation. We are in a very conservative town. Grand Rapids. Large percentage of calvinistic evangelicals. The type that OUGHT to vote for Paul that have been hemming and hawing over the other three. And very few Obama supporters.

I tell you what, nobody at my office watched previous debates...This one mattered, MI primary coming up of course. I let them know that my absentee ballot was already sent and who it was for. All of them had very positive things to say about Paul. Occasionally some points about Romney, and Santorum, moot on Grinch. These people are the classic neocons. The classic 'I like Ron. But he can't win because Faux news says so.' These people though have been spammed by my rants in the past. They are in Justin Amash's district. They voted for Amash---even if the reason was that he has the -R by his name. They were already primed. Now they see exactly what's going on here. One candidate truly means business, one candidate is for real, one candidate is fighting for freedom and responsibility. One candidate has supporters who will go to their grave having never voted for someone less than a Ron Paul. Now they know why.

I believe i turned 5 more maybe's into 5 voters.

It's because Ron grew a pair last night and went on the offensive finally. And even when Jon King said he had a brief follow up Paul said "No John I get a full minute." This is what we need, this is what neo-cons like.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Neocon/GOP Calculus:

Surge x Ron Paul x Momentum = Newsletters
    The speech in front of the Confederate flag hasn't hit the media yet either. Waiting for the newsletters/Confederate flag double team.

In the long run, he's pimping Lysander Spooner in the speech, so it's all gravy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Great OP.

Get on PHONE FROM HOME and let's WIN WASHINGTON.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.orourke View Post
    It's because Ron grew a pair last night and went on the offensive finally. And even when Jon King said he had a brief follow up Paul said "No John I get a full minute." This is what we need, this is what neo-cons like.

No its not, it was the same old Ron. Just because he was asked a question about his Santorum ad and successfully put Santorum down, you think he grew balls.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government or any mainstream media pundit.

Winning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast