Thread: Most Important Segment of Tonight's Debate Was...

Most Important Segment of Tonight's Debate Was...

Confirmed in 2nd place for Delegates.

Unelectable / Last Place myths are now gone.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Santorum stepping on landmines like it was his job.

Santorum is a really bad debater. He didn't even squirm, he was just like.... "I love big government and I'm $#@!in nuts. If your a crazy ass statist control freak too, vote for me."
    Last edited by trey4sports; 02-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

I missed tonight's debate. This is valuable information. Do you have proof? I can use this info in debates of my own.

well ya missed a great debate...possibly enjoyed this one the most..watch th ewhole thing when you can its worth it haha stupid frothy

Most important: Explaining foreign policy from an economic standpoint!

He really socked it to the people when he said "well I can see the moral argument and the legal argument aren't persuading you all, so how about the fact that we're going broke!!!" lol
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-22-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    "You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government." - Patrick Henry - A Son of Thunder

The lumberjack handshake!
    (just kidding. But there's a whole thread about it!)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHendricks View Post
    Santorum stepping on landmines like it was his job.
    Santorum did amazing...

...amazingly bad!
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by SonofThunder View Post
    He really socked it to the people when he said "well I can see the moral argument and the legal argument aren't persuading you all, so how about the fact that we're going broke!!!" lol
    That was awesome! It's like he started with both barrels and that didn't work so he took out the bazooka.
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    Confirmed in 2nd place for Delegates.

Unelectable / Last Place myths are now gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Revered View Post
    I missed tonight's debate. This is valuable information. Do you have proof? I can use this info in debates of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofThunder View Post
    I thought this was great as well. Like a Boss.

Yes it was very very important to show how much support he will have in the general. I also loved the segment after the debate when he told John King about his appeal to the independent voters while the other candidates get none.

Ron's phrasing the answer with "I've tried the moral argument, the legal argument..." was a very powerful moment in the debate as well. People will have asked themselves if maybe they are a little too hawkish, and in turn might side with Ron more often that in the past. Very powerful words from a very intelligent man.
    I want more freedom and I cannot lie. No other brothers can deny. When the Fed marches in with a itty-bitty rate and the IRS takes your cake, it's no FUN!

yes, challenging his so called unelectability, mentioning polls against Obama and his ability to bring in independent and young voters.
    but we are assuming that the average republican voters make rational judgments !! lol, i hope they do.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

As I wrote in my thread,

the best part of the debate was when Dr. Paul said something to the tune of...

"Since I can't get you on the moral and constitutional point of foreign policy, I'll explain the economic problem..."

I was like, "DAT MAN...DAT MAN..."
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by InTradePro View Post
    Thanks for this I'm impressed at the reaffirmation of Paul being 2nd in delegates. Cudos to Paul for saying so, but really still surprised that it was repeated rather than cut off or downplayed. Media decides now that Santo is imploding it's Pauls turn? (I know, not likely, but it'd sure be neat lol I won't hold my breath tho )

also I've seen the highlights but can anyone link to a tube of the full debate?
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The best debate I've seen! Dr. Paul made a great case and if people are too stupid to get it, well ... very sobering when he warned about a draft, for boys and girls. I pray this starts to sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    Thanks for this I'm impressed at the reaffirmation of Paul being 2nd in delegates. Cudos to Paul for saying so, but really still surprised that it was repeated rather than cut off or downplayed. Media decides now that Santo is imploding it's Pauls turn? (I know, not likely, but it'd sure be neat lol I won't hold my breath tho )

also I've seen the highlights but can anyone link to a tube of the full debate?
    John King says he knows how to play the game as well (in response to Santo), then the long-overdue acknowledgement of Ron Paul. Why? Santo scares the crap out of the liberal media!!! He scares me too!

Quote Originally Posted by InTradePro View Post
    Thank you. I've read reports that projected that Paul was leading in delegates; but when I look at the Green Papers, it's not being represented. I'd like to see where Paul is getting these numbers. I know that we have strong organization. We need something solid to show the naysayers that we can win. So many out there just want to vote for a winner, and put that over principle.