Thread: Journalist Marie Colvin in Homs: 'I saw a baby die today' - then she died

Journalist Marie Colvin in Homs: 'I saw a baby die today' - then she died

Yesterday:Journalist Marie Colvin in Homs: 'I saw a baby die today'

An American journalist (Marie Colvin) who works for a foreign newspaper and another French journalist were killed today when Syrian government forces shelled a building which, apparently, they believed the protesters were housed in.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gree...?newsfeed=true

Marie Colvin, the award-winning Sunday Times journalist, has been killed in Syria. It is reported that she died alongside a French photographer in Homs when a house they were staying was shelled.

News agencies say she and the photographer, Remi Ochlik, another veteran war correspondent, were killed by a rocket as they tried to make their escape.

Three other foreign journalists were also reportedly wounded, including Paul Conroy, a British photographer who was working with Colvin. A French reporter with Le Figaro, Edith Bouvier, was injured. The third, a female American journalist who has not been named, was said to be "in a very serious condition."
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're actually firing on the whole city indiscriminately.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    They're actually firing on the whole city indiscriminately.
    That's how tyranny ultimately looks like.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

coming to a city near you......

Christ - the only thing the media mourns harder than celebrities are dead journalists.

Maybe she shouldn't have gone to Syria? Just a suggestion. I don't walk in the street when cars are going because I'll get hit and I don't go to countries that are in the middle of a civil war to take pictures because I'll most likely die.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    Maybe she shouldn't have gone to Syria? Just a suggestion. I don't walk in the street when cars are going because I'll get hit and I don't go to countries that are in the middle of a civil war to take pictures because I'll most likely die.
    Uh, why? She died doing what she loved. She wore an eye patch because of shrapnel she took reporting from the Sri Lanka civil war. She obviously understood the dangers and wanted to expose tyrants oppressing people.

Anyone know the name of the American wounded yet?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Christ - the only thing the media mourns harder than celebrities are dead journalists.
    +rep.

CNN's Anderson Cooper has run the "babies are dying" theme for a few months on his 8 o'clock show. Seriously.

War is horror & the blowback on this one are going to be larger than we have seen in the ME.

West better think long & hard about continuing to arm people to fight in Syria.

how bout them insurgents in AFghanistan?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Afghainstan is lost & then some.

We need to bring the majority of our people home this year.

I would think Dr.Paul & others in the house could do something significant in making this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    If a politician can't get you into a war, a journalist can.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.