Thread: Ron Paul is planning a trip to Alaska...

Ron Paul is planning a trip to Alaska...

So an email from the campaign said that Ron is planning a trip to Alaska. My guess is anchorage since this is where over half the states population resides. Details will be released in the near future. Anyone planning on being there(wherever there is)? I am considering making the trip from southeast.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know there are several staffers in the Anchorage area so that makes sense. Ron Paul's campaign is clearly planning on contesting the state.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

A win in Alaska and then WA will be huge. I hope you guys do everything to win Alaska!!!

Maybe Palin's husband's support of Newt will help keep the vote divided up there.

It is on Super Tuesday. The idea is that the campaign will do really well in WA, and that will help Ron Paul in the Super Tuesday states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_...caucuses,_2012
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

double post
    Last edited by Drex; 02-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

We won't have to worry about out of state supporters being there
    I bet he would hit up Juneau too
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope he can make a family trip out of it. That is those in his family that would get a kick out of a place like Alaska.

You can't really see the Liberty and Freedom but you can taste it.

The elevation is so high that many of the trees we have farther south grow to bush size in Alaska. In the fall the ground looks blanketed in color by the different species.

Juneau would be his second choice. Which means he would stop in Ketchikan as well as I don't believe there are any direct flights from Seattle to Juneau.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    So an email from the campaign said that Ron is planning a trip to Alaska. My guess is anchorage since this is where over half the states population resides. Details will be released in the near future. Anyone planning on being there(wherever there is)? I am considering making the trip from southeast.
    Great, if you go and have an opportunity please ask Ron why he has not asked the other candidates how they plan to pay for a new war with Iran and deal with the blow back. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Juneau would be his second choice. Which means he would stop in Ketchikan as well as I don't believe there are any direct flights from Seattle to Juneau.
    Looks like Alaska Airlines has some direct flights.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Nothing official yet, but March 4th in Anchorage and Fairbanks.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You really have to watch the weather for a trip to Alaska.

I think the way the tourist season works is that a bunch of college age people travel in to man the restaurants, cabins, and other travel accommodations. Then everything is open. Some deadline in the fall comes and everything closes and most people take off for the year. I think with the summer work over it is back to school.

Then I've heard there is another group of locals that have waited for the snow to come. That is when things really open up for them. They welcome the snow because it opens up travel. There aren't roads to everywhere like we have here. When the snow comes it becomes their roads.

Anyway that is what I've heard.
    Last edited by Carson; 02-26-2012 at 05:06 PM.

If you ever get up to Anchorage, Alaska, there is a movie theater called the, Bear Tooth that is worth checking out.

It appears to have been a regular movie theater like we had in every town across the country. As ours died out and got torn down it looks to me like the Bear Tooth Theater evolved to stay alive.

The heart of the theater, like we all had, has changed some. Seats were removed in the back to accommodate some booths for seating. Farther down and in the middle, some of the rows seating were removed so that some of the seats had little tables in front of them.

The way it worked when I went was that you got line to buy tickets. Then one of you could stay in the ticket line while the other took off and got in the food line. This wasn't your ordinary theater snacks but some pretty good food like pizzas of all sorts; Specials, Appetizers, Salads and Wraps. Tacos, Burritos and Vegan. Pizzas - Kids Menu, Desserts, Drinks, Beer and Wine. I'm thinking they also had the regular snacks.

Anyway so your in the food line. You place your order and they hand you one of those plastic number deals that you take with you to your seat and place it on the table. Later when your food is ready, someone comes down, spots your number and brings it over.

They also had a brewery attached to the operation. In fact now that I think back it was like a theater, restaurant, and a brewery that could be visited separately if you wanted.

Not only did I have a good time, the business opportunity knowing the business model could be repeated over and over in towns across America has haunted me. It was a lively place with lots of young people employed.

Remember the long lines at the theaters? They have them.
    Last edited by Carson; 02-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.

He needs to address the Alaskan islands give away to Russia.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/obamas-gi...nds-to-russia/

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He needs to address the Alaskan islands give away to Russia.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/obamas-gi...nds-to-russia/
    I've heard tell that many Russians were raised on the idea that the deal for Alaska was a lease. I haven't really looked in to the claims.

Hoping to be there

I might make the trip up there from Valdez with a bunch of other supporters if I can convince the wife she needs a trip to Anchorage.

I really hope they are able to finalise a venue in Fairbanks, I will definitely go.

Where is the rally and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaug View Post
    Where is the rally and when?
    We know it will be March 4th. We're still waiting on the official announcement to know where it is and the exact times. My best guess is that he'll go to Anchorage first so that rally will be earlier in the day, then fly up to Fairbanks for a second rally later on.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    North to Alaska?

When it's springtime in Alaska, it's 40 below.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

It's official.

Here are the details of Dr. Paul's visit:

Date: Sunday, March 4th
    Time: 6-7 pm
    Location: Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center, Tikahtnu C-F, 600 West 7th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501

Time: 1-2 pm
    Location: Westmark Hotel and Conference Center, Gold Ballroom, 813 Noble St, Fairbanks, AK
    Last edited by kitdawson; 03-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitdawson View Post
    It's official.

Here are the details of Dr. Paul's visit:

Time: 6-7 pm
    Location: Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center, Tikahtnu C-F, 600 West 7th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501

Time: 1-2 pm
    Location: Westmark Hotel and Conference Center, Gold Ballroom, 813 Noble St, Fairbanks, AK
    Excellent

We had about 1000 people at Westmark.