Thread: Ron Paul draws unusually large crowd to Dickenson, North Dakota town hall

Ron Paul draws unusually large crowd to Dickenson, North Dakota town hall

Ron Paul Draws 550+
    People to Dickinson, North Dakota
    —More Than Keystone Pipeline Hearings
    Shares message of constitutionally-limited government
    with remarkably large North Dakota audience

BISMARCK, North Dakota– 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul attracted more than 550 supporters and undecided voters to his Dickinson, North Dakota town hall meeting this afternoon. The event took place at 3:00 p.m. MST at the Ramada - Grand Dakota Lodge, located at 532 15th Street West, Dickinson, ND 58601.

Crowds numbering in the high hundreds are uncommon in this city, the county seat of Stark County, although campaign organizers noted that Dr. Paul’s platform of constitutionally-limited government resonates quite well among North Dakotans. A local reporter even commented that the crowd assembled expressly to engage the 12-term Congressman from Texas dwarfed that of a recently-held TransCanada Keystone XL Pipeline public hearing.
    http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=79b09ff666
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome!
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

Sweet! Thats almost the whole state of ND in that room! Its in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelical_Protestant View Post
    Sweet! Thats almost the whole state of ND in that room! Its in the bag.
    lol!

Maybe a slight exageration...

But it really is a lot.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Is it just me or is Carol Paul the most amazing person. Look at her sitting there so awesomely in the front row. Bad ass.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

2,082 votes (21.37%) in 2008.

Hopefully that translates into votes.

Encouraging since I doubt many of these are "out-of-staters" that can't vote/caucus.

Great stuff. Support is still strong. This campaign is still strong.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    politico reporter just tweeted "It's over." and then linked to the picture hahah. video anyone?

Unusual for other candidates. Usual for Paul.

I was there!! I was just to the right of the blonde kid at the far right of the third row. Luckily, I came home to Bismarck from UND in Grand Forks this weekend, and then heard news that he'd be just 90 minutes away in Dickinson. Finally got a chance to meet Dr. Paul!

Last edited by priest_of_syrinx; 02-19-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Better photo link
    I just don't know what went wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by carterm View Post
    politico reporter just tweeted "It's over." and then linked to the picture hahah. video anyone?
    It's over as in Paul is going to win the state?
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kregisen View Post
    It's over as in Paul is going to win the state?
    i believe so

Local ND paper puts the number at about 800.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

"At the Dickinson event, Kayla Kessel of Belfield and Kyle Steffan of Dickinson showed their support by making signs that said “Rick Santorum hates puppies. Ron Paul loves puppies. Vote for puppies! Vote Ron Paul 2012.” "It was more so of a character view, but now our analogy is puppies are the American people,” Kessel said. “He is for the American people.”"

I love puppies and Ron Paul!

Edit - Actually, this was in Williston, ND (after Dickinson)
    Last edited by No1butPaul; 02-19-2012 at 09:42 PM.

I just hope we can get those people to actually show up at their District Convention...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SludgeFactory View Post
    I just hope we can get those people to actually show up at their District Convention...
    he is speaking at two district conventions.

Right, I should have clarified that I meant the conventions that he won't be speaking at.

Woah! How did I miss a town hall tonight?? Was there a live stream? Did anyone tape it?? Was it awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    Woah! How did I miss a town hall tonight?? Was there a live stream? Did anyone tape it?? Was it awesome?
    He had two of them today. He'll be speaking at two district conventions (the first selection process level for delegates) tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Is it just me or is Carol Paul the most amazing person. Look at her sitting there so awesomely in the front row. Bad ass.
    yup you can feel the love
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Yep, she stands by her man alright! I really want to meet her one day and thank her for her support of Dr. Paul in his quest to spread the message of liberty. I will get her to sign her name next to her husband's in my pocket constitution, and thank her for the cookbook.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    lol!

Maybe a slight exageration...

But it really is a lot.
    You know, I really do feel Ron Paul's message is winning the hearts and minds of the common man whose love of this country comes before good ole boy politics. It's a battle against the supporters of establishment politicians who are fighting to keep control through their elected cronies that are slowly becoming irrelevant. But I do feel the commoners are waking up en masse.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine