Thread: Help write the ICLEI / Agenda 21 Noncompliance Act for NC

Help write the ICLEI / Agenda 21 Noncompliance Act for NC

I will be introducing an Anti-Agenda 21 bill in the NC State House during the 2012 session. Having looked through the potential options, the Tennessee Bill HB 3571 seems to be the best one to model.

What I am looking for is to collaborate on the bill for introduction.

Keep in mind that North Carolina is reluctant to rock the status quo boat, so while adjustments to clarify the intent of the act are very welcome, I am also seeking some way to make the act come across as less scary to people who are afraid to rock the boat.

So let's collaborate on ideas to make this bill better, and the moment we arrive at something we like, I will submit it to drafting for introduction.

Here then is the base-text for the NC bill requiring noncompliance with Agenda 21:

North Carolina Shall Not Comply With ICLEI Agenda 21 Act of 2012

AN ACT relative to the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development and the Statement of principles for the Sustainable Management of Forests, known as "Agenda 21".

BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA:

SECTION 1. As used in this act, “political subdivision” means all state, county, incorporated city, unincorporated city, public local entity, public-private partnership, or any other public entity thereof.

SECTION 2. The state of North Carolina and all political subdivisions shall not adopt, nor implement, the creed, doctrine, principles, or any tenet of the United Nations Rio Declaration on Environment and Development and the Statement of principles for Sustainable Development known as “Agenda 21", adopted at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 3 to 14 June 1992, or any other international law contravening the United States Constitution or the North Carolina State Constitution.

SECTION 3. Since the United Nations has enlisted the support of numerous independent, shadow organizations to surreptitiously implement “Agenda 21” around the world, the state of North Carolina and all political subdivisions are prohibited from implementing programs of, expending any sum of money for, being a member of, receiving funding from, contracting services from, or giving financial or other forms of aid to the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI), or any of its related or affiliated organizations to include, but not limited to, Countdown 2010, Local Action for Biodiversity (LAB), European Center for Nature Conservation (ECNC), the International Union for Conservation of Nature (ICUN), and the President's Council on Sustainable Development (PCSD), enacted on July 19, 1993, Executive Order #12852.

SECTION 4. This act shall take effect upon being signed into law.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any takers?

OK then. Most folks figure it's good as-is then?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    OK then. Most folks figure it's good as-is then?
    You should contact Tom Deweese and Hal Schurtleff to see what the best strategy is for your Agenda 21 bill. I'm trying to get someone in contact you today in your idea with Agenda 21 experience .
    Last edited by FrankRep; 02-20-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

That would be good. I want to get the text into drafting this week so it's ready to introduce immediately. Only 6 weeks in the short session, so anything that moves needs to hit the ground running.

Implementation of Agenda 21 is voluntary as far as I know.
    Not many people on this forum (or in general) know "language of the law". That is why no one suggested anything.
    I am asking because of professional curiosity: How are you going to introduce (sell it) wich to me seems more important for success than words used in law? Do you in US/NC attach brief explanation of the law and send it to other legislators to get them informed or you just introduce it without any persuading? I am just curious... I understand if it is not for public.

P.s.
    observation:
    why is on your web page a picture of your opponent (Doug Berger)? And why is he first and not you? We look pictures in order that we read (from left to right) and people see him and his face before yours (that is linked to article that is promoting him)...placing him in front of you. Why are you giving him free advertising at all?
    Just seems a little strange.
    Last edited by Barrex; 02-21-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Implementation of Agenda 21 is voluntary as far as I know.
    Not many people on this forum (or in general) know "language of the law". That is why no one suggested anything.
    I am asking because of professional curiosity: How are you going to introduce (sell it) wich to me seems more important for success than words used in law? Do you in US/NC attach brief explanation of the law and send it to other legislators to get them informed or you just introduce it without any persuading? I am just curious... I understand if it is not for public.
    There are a variety of means to work the vote. I prefer personal visits along with information packets.

P.s.
    observation:
    why is on your web page a picture of your opponent (Doug Berger)? And why is he first and not you? We look pictures in order that we read (from left to right) and people see him and his face before yours (that is linked to article that is promoting him)...placing him in front of you. Why are you giving him free advertising at all?
    Just seems a little strange.
    My web guy argues that during the primary it conveys front-runner status. My position is that particular banner goes away after the primary. It's supposed to be like how people like the Presidential candidate who goes after Obama.

Another victory in North Carolina.

Wake County Board Rejects UN Agenda 21
    http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/...option-of.html

Last edited by FrankRep; 02-21-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok I get it now.

Good luck with your re-election and passing that law.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

What about communities that have already complied? Is there something that could be written in for them?