Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Wins Gingrich 2nd in Gwinnett GOP Straw Poll taken immediately prior 2 Gingrich speec

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurph View Post
    We dominated in DeKalb too. Estimated 200 people total, easily half RP supporters. Won the straw poll with 63% of the vote. Any reports from the Fulton County meeting?
    Oh, I forgot to mention that mine was Cobb. Have no idea about Fulton...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention that mine was Cobb. Have no idea about Fulton...
    Yeap, now it just depends on the next level and to see how many people were written in that couldn't be bothered to show up this week but show up at the county level . . .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gte811i View Post
    Yeap, now it just depends on the next level and to see how many people were written in that couldn't be bothered to show up this week but show up at the county level . . .
    Was a person able to sign up someone that did not attend to be a primary delegate?

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy Jack View Post
    Was a person able to sign up someone that did not attend to be a primary delegate?
    Yeaper . . . only at the precinct level. Say your precinct has 4 delegates and 4 alternates. 1 person shows up. They can list 3 other people as delegates and 4 people as alternates that did not show up today. Those people technically have to be registered in that precinct. Then at the county level those other people listed that didn't show up at the precinct level can show up to vote.

This is how establishment gopers get in that can't be bothered with showing up today, they have their buddy sign them up.

This sign up thing only happens at the precinct level. At the county level you must be there in person to move on to district and/or state.

Quote Originally Posted by gte811i View Post
    Yeaper . . . only at the precinct level. Say your precinct has 4 delegates and 4 alternates. 1 person shows up. They can list 3 other people as delegates and 4 people as alternates that did not show up today. Those people technically have to be registered in that precinct. Then at the county level those other people listed that didn't show up at the precinct level can show up to vote.
    We were not allowed to do that at the NC precinct meetings. There is a sign-in at the door and names that appear on the delegate sheets are supposed to be thrown out if not part of the sign-in list. I wonder how often this gets circumvented in sparsely-monitored counties, though.

If you aren't getting the e-mails from Charles, PM me. Like I said, I am very, very impressed. We are organized.

I'm wondering if I should move this to the Georgia forum just to make it a little less public.....

Terrific work to all of you, though!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I'm wondering if I should move this to the Georgia forum just to make it a little less public.....

Yeah . . .:-).

Tons of credit to GA4RonPaul. They did an outstanding job identifying people willing to participate, following up with phone calls, and educating the supporters of how the process works both on the phone and over email. Without their efforts the widespread organization never would have occurred.

It sounds like we should hold majorities (as long as we show up) in counties all over the state on 3/10.
    "Greater than the force of mighty armies is the power of an idea whose time has come." - V. Hugo

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://norcross.patch.com/articles/n...update-suwanee

there must be a few Georgia straw polls going on, Ron won another as well today, per twitter. This one is fun because the straw poll was in a school where Gingrich campaign planned a campaign speech immediately afterwards.
    Actually these are the results after Gingrich's speech, not before. The vote was after the speech.

I am in Rabun County and besides my wife and folks I am alone...seen like 1 other Paul bumper sticker...I have actually seen more Obama stickers then any Republican candidate...wish there was more orgnization up this way. I know in 2008 the county went to McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    I am in Rabun County and besides my wife and folks I am alone...seen like 1 other Paul bumper sticker...I have actually seen more Obama stickers then any Republican candidate...wish there was more orgnization up this way. I know in 2008 the county went to McCain.
    I just send you a PM . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12