Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ounce for ounce where is the best place to buy silver?

Ounce for ounce where is the best place to buy silver?

So where are some good places to buy silver at low shipping costs? I'm looking for quality silver, small bars and coin.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    So where are some good places to buy silver at low shipping costs? I'm looking for quality silver, small bars and coin.

www.apmex.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    The only people I ever buy from. Their prices are sometimes slightly higher than others and if you don't mind your purchases being "on record" then they make up for it in great products, fast shipping, no minimum orders, and an easy purchasing interface. If you're looking for a quieter purchase, check for local coin shops in your area.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

There's nothing wrong with APMEX. Except that it's the first place the Gov't will confiscate customer lists from.

Due diligence says to also check

http://www.tulving.com/goldbull.html

http://www.silverpa.com/pricing.php

before placing an order.
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

I've ordered from westminster mint before

http://www.coin-rare.com/silver-bullion.aspx

If you compare shipping, they are similiar in price to apmex. I like the Franklin 100 dollar bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I've bought from Northwest Territorial Mint three times over the phone with no problems. They seem to be the cheapest place to buy online. The drawback is that it takes up to 6 weeks to receive your order, but it always shows up =)

Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    There's nothing wrong with APMEX. Except that it's the first place the Gov't will confiscate customer lists from.
    The Govt will never confiscate. They're minting and selling the stuff to the dealers. It would be the ultimate in Indian Giving if they tried. Not gonna happen. On the other hand, the Govt is behind the Cash for Gold confiscation programs. But, those are voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    The Govt will never confiscate. They're minting and selling the stuff to the dealers. It would be the ultimate in Indian Giving if they tried. Not gonna happen. On the other hand, the Govt is behind the Cash for Gold confiscation programs. But, those are voluntary.
    To add to your point, Mike Maloney says when/if the govt confiscates your PMs, your investment is complete and its time to buy real estate or other hard assets ASAP.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine302 View Post
    To add to your point, Mike Maloney says when/if the govt confiscates your PMs, your investment is complete and its time to buy real estate or other hard assets ASAP.
    you're assuming they give you a fair deal.

hopefully they never confiscate, and they can't do it forever, at most 50 years

also, it's no guarantee the gov't won't confiscate guns or houses if they felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    you're assuming they give you a fair deal.

hopefully they never confiscate, and they can't do it forever, at most 50 years

also, it's no guarantee the gov't won't confiscate guns or houses if they felt like it.
    you're also assuming govt will admit theres a problem with their currency, which is why they wont confiscate nothing. and what do you think will happen to whatever remaining faith is left in the currency?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashertm View Post
    I've bought from Northwest Territorial Mint three times over the phone with no problems. They seem to be the cheapest place to buy online. The drawback is that it takes up to 6 weeks to receive your order, but it always shows up =)
    Another drawback is their policy of ONLY shipping to address listed on a credit card. Their online processing distinguishes between billing and shipping address, but NW Territorial Mint claims this separation does NOT apply to certain items like bullion rounds. Regardless, their online processing doesn't WARN the buyer of this exception. After the purchase, the buyer receives an order number with a statement showing the bullion rounds are to be shipped to the SAME address listed on the credit card although the buyer specified a shipping address different from the card. Then, the buyer is then faced with contacting the company so the bullion rounds are shipped to the correct address * or face a $35 charge. Ridiculous and infuriating to the buyer. Amazon.com certainly doesn't have a problem with shipping to addresses other than billing addresses. They allege this requirement is due to fraud. Regardless, I relocate rather frequently so my physical address is frequently different from the address on my credit cards.

* Then, the buyer has to PROVE his actual residency by faxing a copy of a utility bill, etc. Furthermore, after the paperwork has been submitted, the buyer must simply accept the company's word that they will then ship to your actual physical residence instead of the billing address of your credit card as the online processing will CONTINUE to show one's purchases being shipped to the billing address on the credit card. Even more ridiculous and infuriating to the buyer ..

I'm looking for other dealers ...
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 05-13-2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Truth Drives Me

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine302 View Post
    you're also assuming govt will admit theres a problem with their currency, which is why they wont confiscate nothing. and what do you think will happen to whatever remaining faith is left in the currency?
    Unless they find an excuse the sheeple will easily swallow, like a major war or something.

www.bulliondirect.com

Have had nothing but good experiences with them.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I vote

- YES for APMEX and Bullion Direct
    - NO for Northwest Territorial Mint

I had bad experience with Northwest Territorial Mint. Don't buy from this company. Their orders really take long time to arrive and when they blew their own deadline, I was trying to resolve an issue with customer service; the owner intervened and was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and RUDE to me. I was left hanging without my FRNs and PMs for several weeks after the committed date. It's not a good feeling. The order finnaly arrived, but I grew a couple of grey hairs. Never again!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lowest $/oz over premium: spot + .39 for silver shot.

The catch: 25 kilo minimum.

http://silver50.com/SilverBars.html
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

Quote Originally Posted by echebota View Post
    I vote

- YES for APMEX and Bullion Direct
    - NO for Northwest Territorial Mint

I had bad experience with Northwest Territorial Mint. Don't buy from this company. Their orders really take long time to arrive and when they blew their own deadline, I was trying to resolve an issue with customer service; the owner intervened and was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and RUDE to me. I was left hanging without my FRNs and PMs for several weeks after the committed date. It's not a good feeling. The order finnaly arrived, but I grew a couple of grey hairs. Never again!
    I've inquired Northwest before, they directly admitted that they'll take several weeks to deliver, so I said no thanks.

Hey, i am wondering if APMEX is reliable when it comes to not selling counterfeit silver. I'd like to buy a Chinese Panda coin, but I have heard about the Chinese Panda being counterfeited a lot. So if I buy one from APMEX, can I be sure that it is not counterfeit?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

if you went to a certain mcdonalds and you were diagnosed with food poising by a physician, would you go back and tell your friends to eat at this place?

Thanks for all that posted on this thread. I am thinking of investing in silver for the first time and finding alot of this information very helpful. Keep up the good work.

Northwest takes FOREVER to ship you the silver and when people buy a NW bar from you they are like: who the hell is this mint??

My dealer...sells $1.50 over spot right now because of the drop in price. But he was selling at spot and even under spot several months ago. But it's mostly junk 92.5% jewelry, so you'd have to find someone who'd give you a good deal or wait till the price skyrockets. There's a guy in MA that gave me 85% spot. He takes it to Cape Cod, where someone melts it down into bars for a price. If you lived near the Cape or someone like that, you could cut out the middle man and do well. Some of the nice pieces he sold me are still worth more as jewelry (workmanship) than they are as silver.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you are patient and have a bit of time the best way to buy is from individuals with cash and no paper trail.

Just be careful, meet in very public places (like bank lobbies) to do your transactions, and make sure you aren't followed afterwards.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    If you are patient and have a bit of time the best way to buy is from individuals with cash and no paper trail.

Just be careful, meet in very public places (like bank lobbies) to do your transactions, and make sure you aren't followed afterwards.
    Right!
    NOBP

Anyone know where to buy silver if you want it shipped to Europe?

I've bought from local coins shops, APMEX, NTM, Bullion Direct, but nowadays I only buy from Tulving.

They have the best price and ship overnight free insured by Lloyds of London.

I recently bought the Canadian maples special @ $1.99 over spot, free shipping. I don't know of a better deal from anyone anywhere right now.

Bosso

I've bought from both APMEX and Provident Metals. Both offer excellent service/shipping speed though Provident Metals will save you a decent amount of money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast