Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wha'? Apparently Ron Paul approached Romney about ATL debate?

Wha'? Apparently Ron Paul approached Romney about ATL debate?

So Tweeted Jamie Dupree.

????

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That is one rumor. I doubt either Romney or Ron started it, so I wonder how accurate it is. But Ron isn't likely to win Georgia against Newt, and two days off a northernmore trip..... for two minutes of speaking time, if history is any guide....

There is another debate on the 27th or something.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear. -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

He said:

jamiedupree (@jamiedupree)
    2/16/12 8:09 PM
    Evidently Ron Paul's campaign first approached the Romney camp about not doing the March 1 debate in Atlanta

This was a good move. It was in gingrich's backyard of GA, the crowd would have been blood thirsty for iran and islamic extremist talk

why is gingrich still in this race......
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I'm gonna go wIth self adulation?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The doughboy will be done soon enough.

Rev9
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmkeisling View Post

Rev9

Isn't he predicted to win several southern states? Why would he quit?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    IDK, my Dad died today and I'm drunk. He isn't even on the ballot in all of the states?
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Only one I know he will for sure win is Georgia.

Rev9
    His promise of a Moon Base really won some people over.
    "I'm thinkin' we'll rise again"

He really has not reason to quit as long as he keeps getting funded. And I'm sure he's having fun $#@!ting all over Romney in the debates.

Looks like he's in it till the end. Like Dr. Paul, this is probably his last political attempt at anything.

As I posted in the other thread, I think it was a huge mistake, if it's true. We need Newt to "surge" again and take votes away from Santorum! A 4-way race is the best way for Paul to win the caucus states such as WA, ID, ND, etc.

Otherwise, Santorum could win again like he did in MN and CO!

IDK, my Dad died today
    Sorry to hear, my condolences.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IDK, my Dad died today and I'm drunk. He isn't even on the ballot in all of the states?

Yes. May God Bless you and your Dad!

My condolences
    There is enormous inertia a tyranny of the status quo in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis actual or perceived produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

My condolences to you for your loss....
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    As I posted in the other thread, I think it was a huge mistake, if it's true. We need Newt to "surge" again and take votes away from Santorum! A 4-way race is the best way for Paul to win the caucus states such as WA, ID, ND, etc.

Otherwise, Santorum could win again like he did in MN and CO!
    o you mean the straw poll vote? , delegates is where we won in colorado.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

I'm sorry to hear that. All the best...

He'll quit because he won't win any more states.

Rev9
    Haha Michelin Man cometh!
    Question Authority !

Why would Newt quit or should quit? This race has been extremely volatile. After winning Iowa, he did horrible in New Hampshire, barely beat Paul in SC and Florida and finished last in Nevada. A lot of people here said he should get out...he stayed in and swept the next three contests. Nobody should get out of the race...such a back and forth, extremely volatile race. I seriously question people's political analysis here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rede View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. All the best...
    This is terrible news. I think I will get drunk in sympathy.
    Question Authority !

I thank you good folk for your sympathies. It is alright, despite being a neocon he was good father and a good man, he taught me a lot about the world. He chose his fate, and could never go against the establishment in anything, and despite my pleading with him to not continue the chemo therapy he let the dr. murder him, but stage 4 pancreatic adenocarcinoma is bad even without the chemo. Most patients get 3 months.

I will miss him, RIP Dad.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTUSman View Post
    Why would Newt quit or should quit? This race has been extremely volatile. After winning Iowa, he did horrible in New Hampshire, barely beat Paul in SC and Florida and finished last in Nevada. A lot of people here said he should get out...he stayed in and swept the next three contests. Nobody should get out of the race...such a back and forth, extremely volatile race. I seriously question people's political analysis here.
    This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Romney should unleash hard-hitting Santorum attacks which will help Newt.

I thank you good folk for your sympathies. It is alright, despite being a neocon he was good father and a good man, he taught me a lot about the world. He chose his fate, and could never go against the establishment in anything, and despite my pleading with him to not continue the chemo therapy he let the dr. murder him, but stage 4 pancreatic adenocarcinoma is bad even without the chemo. Most patients get 3 months.

wishing you and your family the best man, sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast