Thread: A message to all Economics majors out there

A message to all Economics majors out there

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a typo: What my friends thing I do
    No One But Paul

The Statistics of Impossibility is the new radar you can't outrun.

Not using my econ degee at all for my present job. If you do think you want to use it, you really need an advanced degree which I don't have. Also more helpful if you can add business and accounting classes along with it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-16-2012 at 02:43 PM.

What do you even do with an economics degree? I hear they have relatively good job placement, but maybe I heard wrong.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    What do you even do with an economics degree? I hear they have relatively good job placement, but maybe I heard wrong.
    Write obscure articles on even more obscure webbernet sites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

You can do things like analysis for investment firms or banks for one. Or teaching.

I am an econ major, but I am just about to wrap up my second year for the AS and transferring out. I am working as a Chief Engineer in the hospitality field and many of my direct reports tell me the econ degree with my years of wrenching look really good in this field.

We are winning the intellectual battle from what I have seen returning to school (I am 27), before I was going to school for HVAC and Construction. One of my economic classes had "Meltdown" by Tom Woods as one of the texts and a couple of my professors were big fans of Schiff.
    "Truth is Treason in the Nation of Lies." - Ron Paul

Is "Econ Major" just a general term for majoring in accounting, finance, macroeconomy(analysing for govts. etc) or marketing etc?

Or does it specifically refer to a certain type of knowledge?
    Last edited by Diurdi; 02-19-2012 at 07:25 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At my University things like accounting and finance were taugnt in the business school and Economics were taught in the College of Arts and Sciences. Business school had its own separate admissions so you needed permission as an A&S student to take business classes- if you were an Econ major it was much easier to get the waiver.