Thread: Marriage

Marriage

I thought there was a "marriage" issue on the official campaign site but I cannot find it now. Does anyone have an official stance on Marriage, citing Ron's stance that it ought not be a government function?
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His new book, Liberty Defined, has a whole chapter on his views on marriage.
    "I'm a libertarian, just like you." - Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    His new book, Liberty Defined, has a whole chapter on his views on marriage.
    He also reiterated that stance in an interview with an Iowan newspaper editorial board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Isn't his view that the government should get out of the marriage business all together? Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by y0kkles View Post
    Isn't his view that the government should get out of the marriage business all together? Or am I wrong?
    Basically. Paul believes the states should make their own laws and the Federal government should make no law concerning the matter.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Basically. Paul believes the states should make their own laws and the Federal government should make no law concerning the matter.
    Constitutionally speaking. Though I get the feeling he thinks government, even state governments, should probably stay out of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Constitutionally speaking. Though I get the feeling he thinks government, even state governments, should probably stay out of it as well.
    Exactly. There's "what he would do as President", and then there's "what he philosophically thinks would be ideal". The same answer applies to his position on drugs. As President he would keep the Federal government out of it but if he had his druthers the states would also take libertarian positions (which he cannot control as President).

I believe that he wants the responsibilty to be held by the states. Problem with that is if one state allows same-sex marriage, and it is next to a state that does not recognize it. I think that problem with die out eventually, but we still have it now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.