Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 'Shark Tank' Inventor Loses Big to 'Buy American' Fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I want world peace and to end starvation. APPLAUD ME!
    And this particular inventor deciding to let his idea be manufactured overseas would cause world peace how exactly? But hey, let's starve em over here so we don't have to starve em over there.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Eze 22:25 There's a conspiracy of prophets within her....

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And this particular inventor deciding to let his idea be manufactured overseas would cause world peace how exactly? But hey, let's starve em over here so we don't have to starve em over there.
    yeah, don't outsource poverty, IMPORT IT!

Contributing Member Henry Rogue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    Contradiction? There are good kinds of unemployment as well as bad kinds? Why isn't unemployment by outsourcing/offshoring "freeing people to do other things"?
    Your right, it does. Unfortunately the incentive to do other things is lost through welfare/unemployment insurance umbrella. Not always and not for everyone, but there is evidence that many unemployed workers find work once the unemployment insurance is up. I remember reading that in some country, when extending the UI benefit to two years it took that much longer for workers to find work and again when extended to four years. If I'm not mistaken Canada shortened overall time of UI benefits.
    "When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Site Staff - Moderator Brian4Liberty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qdog View Post
    If we take it to the logical conclusion, we could pretty much just sit on our asses and let robots do everything for us. We could have 99% unemployment, and still have more wealth and standard of living than now.
    Which is why automation and advances in productivity should result in shorter standard workweeks.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Which is why automation and advances in productivity should result in shorter standard workweeks.
    It usually does, if it wasn't for : increased desire of consumption, inflation, certain regulations.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345