Thread: Please help Delegates get on the Ballot in Rhode Island

Please help Delegates get on the Ballot in Rhode Island

Hello to all Ron Paul Supporters in Rhode Island,

We thank you for your help in getting Ron Paul on the ballot here in Rhode Island where through the efforts of more than forty five supporters of Dr. Paul we gathered more than 1755 signatures. Now that he is on the ballot he’ll need delegates to represent him at the national convention. The men and women running for delegate have from Feb. 23-28 to collect 150 verified signatures from registered voters in order for their names to appear on the April 24 ballot.

That’s not much time and to get those 150 verified signatures it will require collecting a minimum of 225+ signatures as many will be disqualified by the boards of canvassers who review them. We are asking for your help to accomplish that task and there are three main ways we’re planning to help each of our candidates for delegate to reach the goal of collecting at least 250 signatures so that none of them are left off of the ballot.

ADOPT A DELEGATE

You can “adopt” a delegate by going out and collecting signatures for one of the delegate candidates in your congressional district…or if you feel really energetic you can adopt more than one. It can be as simple as going door to door where you live to speak with friends and neighbors, or if you choose you can go down to the local market, main street, public gathering, etc… and ask people to sign for the candidate.

If you would like to participate please send an email to gary.trott@verizon.net , put “I want to adopt a Delegate” in the subject line, and include your congressional district. We’ll choose your adopted delegate(s) and make arrangements to deliver the nomination papers you will collect signatures on. We will also provide you with information about the signature collection process.

====> Find your Congressional District at: https://sos.ri.gov/vic/

NATIONAL PROMOTE RON PAUL DAY

On February 25, right in the middle of the signature collection period, RonPaulCountry.com is promoting this day for people to get out there to promote Dr. Paul’s candidacy and message. We are planning to have locations in various areas of Rhode Island where you can come to sign for all the Ron Paul delegates in that congressional district (you must live in that district to sign).

====> Find your Congressional District at: https://sos.ri.gov/vic/

**** For Times and Locations Please Visit http://www.RIRonPaulMeetup.com ****

RI GOP SIGNING PARTIES

This was a very successful program that the RIGOP used to collect signatures for all five presidential candidates who wanted to be on the ballot here in Rhode Island. These signing parties were held by the city and town Republican committees and raised 1200-1500 signatures for each of the candidates. That total is in addition to the 1755+ signatures collected for Ron Paul by his supporters.

The RIGOP is going to do this again for the delegate candidates and is another option for getting Dr. Paul’s delegates on the ballot, and also signing the papers for the delegates of the other candidates as well so that they aren’t left off the ballot.

*** For Dates, Times, & Locations Please Visit http://www.RIRonPaulMeetup.com ***

We hope that we can count on your help with this and together I know that we won’t have any trouble getting all of our delegates on the ballot. The delegates will of course be out there collecting signatures for themselves so with our help there should be no problem collecting the necessary amount.

If you should have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me. In the meantime I thank you on behalf of our delegates and wish you all a great week!

Yours truly,

Gary Trott
    Organizer - Rhode Island Ron Paul Meetup http://www.meetup.com/RIRonPaul2012/
    (401) 823-7604
    gary.trott@verizon.net

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    gary how many delegate candidates do you have who need the 225+?

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    gary how many delegate candidates do you have who need the 225+?
    Hi Shem, Thank you for asking about that. At the moment I don't know for sure how many because at the moment I've probably talked with or been notified by about 10 people who want to run. I'm hoping to have at least 8 from each congressional district but won't know until after our meeting this Saturday and maybe into early next week if these posts produce anyone who is interested.

This would probably be a good time to note that: ANYONE WHO WANTS TO RUN SHOULD CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SINCE THERE IS A LOT OF WORK INVOLVED IN COLLATING ALL THE SHEETS FOR BOTH OUR OWN EFFORT AND FOR THE RIGOP SIGNING PARTIES. WE WANT TO HAVE THEM ALL DISTRIBUTED BY THE NIGHT OF THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23.

I'm going to add that in the my post in the other thread too once I am done with this reply to you. We should be okay with all the efforts that will be going on during that five or six days. It will take a lot of work but I'm sure that we can do it. The campaign has promised me that they will send an email, containing the basic information I've put in the original post of this thread, to all the supporters in RI they have emails for in RI. That should be a big help in attracting both volunteers and probably more people who want to be delegates as well.

Anyone interested in running as a Delegate can contact me at:

Gary Trott
    Organizer - Rhode Island Ron Paul Meetup http://www.meetup.com/RIRonPaul2012/
    (401) 823-7604
    gary.trott@verizon.net

PS - I have also been designated by the campaign to coordinate this effort in RI.