Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why God Created Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    How could anything happen in creation without God causing it?
    Perhaps you use the word "cause" differently than I do.

When I say "God doesn't cause people to sin" I mean that God does not actively take control of a person and implant evil thoughts in their heads. The person is already evil, was totally depraved since the moment God created them.

How could God prepare objects for destruction without causation?
    By creating them evil and totally depraved to begin with.

Get consistent with the Word of God man.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Perhaps you use the word "cause" differently than I do.

When I say "God doesn't cause people to sin" I mean that God does not actively take control of a person and implant evil thoughts in their heads. The person is already evil, was totally depraved since the moment God created them.

By creating them evil and totally depraved to begin with.

We've already been over this. God DOES implant lies in people's heads. God DOES send demons to deceive. God blinds people and makes them believe lies.

Why do you keep going back to these things after we've already been over them with Scripture?

We've already been over this. God DOES implant lies in people's heads. God DOES send demons to deceive. God blinds people and makes them believe lies.
    I don't believe God does this in the SAME WAY God causes the elect to have faith. That would be my disagreement. God passively causes men to hate him and believe lies by withdrawing his grace.

Why do you keep going back to these things after we've already been over them with Scripture?
    While I am aware of how you or Cheung would explain it away, James 1:13 is a big part of it.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Wow.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why does it say that this post was created by "Sola Fide," but yet in everyone's responses they were quoting a member named "AquaBuddha2010?"

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Why does it say that this post was created by "Sola Fide," but yet in everyone's responses they were quoting a member named "AquaBuddha2010?"
    I think SF used to be named AquaBuddha2010.

What is supposed to say? I was volunteering for Rand and this was a political website that was promoting his candidacy.

I don't believe God does this in the SAME WAY God causes the elect to have faith. That would be my disagreement. God passively causes men to hate him and believe lies by withdrawing his grace.

While I am aware of how you or Cheung would explain it away, James 1:13 is a big part of it.
    FF,

Does God blind the eyes of men?

Wow.
    I think this is helpful:

http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.ph...ans-9-part-iv/

FF,

Does God blind the eyes of men?
    Yes, the Bible says so.

The real question is not if God blinds men, but how? Is men actually totally depraved, or does God have to actively cause him to be totally depraved where he otherwise would have been morally neutral?

Wow.
    I think my "Calvinism" (excuse the term) is a little more moderate than his... but how would you exegete Mark 4:12?

God never created evil.

1 John 1:5

New International Version (NIV)

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

satan fathered evil. (Jas. 1:13-15).
    Last edited by Kevin007; 04-14-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is supposed to say? I was volunteering for Rand and this was a political website that was promoting his candidacy.
    Well, your posts in this thread are under the user name "Sola Fide," but yet everyone was responding to you as "AquaBuddha2010." So that's rather confusing.

Yes, the Bible says so.

The real question is not if God blinds men, but how? Is men actually totally depraved, or does God have to actively cause him to be totally depraved where he otherwise would have been morally neutral?
    How is it possible that God blinding someone is not active? If I blind you, aren't I causing you not to see?

I think my "Calvinism" (excuse the term) is a little more moderate than his... but how would you exegete Mark 4:12?
    Jesus knew through his foreknowledge that some people had hard hearts and wouldn't be open to his message, so he just didn't want to waste his time with them. He wanted to preach to people who he knew would be open to accepting the gospel. Speaking in parables was one way to do that.

How is it possible that God blinding someone is not active? If I blind you, aren't I causing you not to see?
    Are you saying that the reprobate would see if God didn't prevent them from doing so? Wouldn't that be a denial of total depravity?

Can you give me a passage? I know there is more than one passage that talks about this. But I'd like to know what passage you have in mind so I can look into it.

Jesus knew through his foreknowledge that some people had hard hearts and wouldn't be open to his message, so he just didn't want to waste his time with them. He wanted to preach to people who he knew would be open to accepting the gospel. Speaking in parables was one way to do that.
    OK, fair enough. I would agree with that if you add the caveat that the REASON those people would not be open to the gospel is because they were not chosen. But... I know you wouldn't go for that

Well, your posts in this thread are under the user name "Sola Fide," but yet everyone was responding to you as "AquaBuddha2010." So that's rather confusing.
    I'm going to start a thread that I have proof that Sola_Fide is really a Marine Buddhist.

Just kidding. I'll just leave the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    God never created evil.

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

I think what Nang said about this recently was instructive. God doesn't create evil, but God did create sinners, who in turn create evil. So ultimately, God predestines everything that happens but yet is not in any way responsible for that which occurs.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I'm going to start a thread that I have proof that Sola_Fide is really a Marine Buddhist.

Just kidding. I'll just leave the thread
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    God never created evil.

The fact that God created and purposed evil is not contradicted by there being no darkness in God.

God has a GOOD purpose for there being evil in the world (Romans 9), so God cannot be charged with evil for purposing evil. God is good and He has an ultimately good reason for evil in this world, as Romans 9 clearly says.

The proposition that God created and purposed evil is not contradicted by there being no darkness in God.

God has a GOOD purpose for there being evil in the world (Romans 9), so God cannot be charged with evil for purposing evil. God is good and He has an ultimately good reason for evil in this world, as Romans 9 clearly says.
    Is Romans 9 the only chapter in your Bible?

Are you saying that the reprobate would see if God didn't prevent them from doing so? Wouldn't that be a denial of total depravity?
    No I'm not saying that and that doesn't follow from the premises at all.

No I'm not saying that and that doesn't follow from the premises at all.
    OK: do you believe in equal ultimacy? Do you believe God causes the non-elect to reject him in the same sense ​that he causes the elect to believe?

The fact that God created and purposed evil is not contradicted by there being no darkness in God.

Rom 9 is talking about people choosing to do evil. They were not created evil, just as Adam was not created evil.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Wow... SF got banned? For what?

Can one of the mods please ban my account until his ends?

This totally reminds me of the end of Time Bandits.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow... SF got banned? For what?

Can one of the mods please ban my account until his ends?
    I just noticed that as well. His thread about Christianity being "a war" has been deleted as well. The mods must not have liked that thread.

God originally created the world and humanity in a perfect state. There was no evil at first. But, then people made the choice to sin and commit evil deeds. It’s because people have the freedom to choose that evil exists.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast