Thread: Saudi Arabia to acquire nuclear weapons if Iran tests bomb

Saudi Arabia to acquire nuclear weapons if Iran tests bomb

The country which "supplied" most of the 9/11 hijackers will certainly be supplied with nuclear bombs by their American "friends" IF Iran gets the bomb
    If Iran tests a nuclear weapon, Saudi Arabia plans to acquire nuclear weapons and begin its own enrichment program "within weeks," a report said.
    BEIRUT, Lebanon — Saudi Arabia will "within weeks" seek to purchase nuclear weapons if Iran tests an atomic bomb, according to the British newspaper The Times. The report comes as fears of an Iranian nuclear weapon mount in Israel and the United States.
    "Politically, it would be completely unacceptable to have Iran with a nuclear capability and not the kingdom," a Saudi source told the Times. Pakistan would be the most likely seller if Saudi Arabia wants to quickly buy nuclear weapons, since Riyadh is thought to have helped Islamabad financially after it was sanctioned for conducting a nuclear test in 1998.
    The Times reported: "One [Western official said] that the kingdom would call in its favour from Pakistan 'the next day' after an Iranian nuclear test and could have warheads within weeks.
    MSNBC reported that Saudi prince Turki al-Faisal, former ambassador to the United States, said about whether the Persian Gulf states should maintain their committment to not acquiring nuclear weapons, "We can't simply leave it for somebody else to decide for us."
    But, the report noted, Saudi Arabia lacks the surface to air missile capabilities of Iran and the US. Its only long range missiles are "notoriously inaccurate" East Wind missiles from China.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...ear-weapons-if

In case you didn't know
    In May 2008, the United States and Saudi Arabia signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU), as part of the United States' vintage Atoms for Peace program, to boost Saudi efforts for a civilian nuclear program
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear..._United_States

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really?

They won't acquire it if Israel got nukes?

Saudi dictatorship even if is in bed with Israeli lobbies/Obama's masters and some terrprist groups, this does not sound logical.

I would trust Iran with nukes before Saudi Arabia.
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    Iran even if they get a nuke at least went to the trouble of constructing it them self`s and would better understand the consequences if used.

The Saudis and all the Gulf states for that matter are being given "Space age" toys (fighter jets,tanks,ships and soon as it seems nukes ) while they have the tribesman mentality.

They live in cities that they would not know how to build,eat food they do not know how to grow and have weapons they would not know how to make.Even the oil that they have is being extracted by foreign oil corporations.All the leaders in that country know of is how to keep their people in check and just give them enough so they would not rebel,while all the people know is to bend their head so they won't get killed.

The Gulf's dictatorships have destroyed Arab culture and intellectual capacity so they could not be regenerated for decades even if change comes all so that they can stay in power.Now nations full of zealots are being given 21 century weapons.That will not end well for the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Iran even if they get a nuke at least went to the trouble of constructing it them self`s and would better understand the consequences if used.

The Saudis and all the Gulf states for that matter are being given "Space age" toys (fighter jets,tanks,ships and soon as it seems nukes ) while they have the tribesman mentality.

They live in cities that they would not know how to build,eat food they do not know how to grow and have weapons they would not know how to make.Even the oil that they have is being extracted by foreign oil corporations.All the leaders in that country know of is how to keep their people in check and just give them enough so they would not rebel,while all the people know is to bend their head so they won't get killed.

The Gulf's dictatorships have destroyed Arab culture and intellectual capacity so they could not be regenerated for decades even if change comes all so that they can stay in power.Now nations full of zealots are being given 21 century weapons.That will not end well for the region.
    Very good point. A lot of technically advanced weaponry was given to people who`s advancement in many other areas was not sufficient enough to handle this kind of power. This didn`t only happen in Middle East, but in many other places. For eg in Papua New Guinea, local tribes that used to hunt with bows and arrows, killing themselves the old fashioned way were given bazookas, mortars and assault rifles. Of course their genocidal, barbaric behavior didn`t change, but got only exacerbated by the use of modern weaponry. You`ve basically got stone age people with computer age technology.

On Iran though, it`s important to emphasize they`re not really doing it all by themselves. Russian scientists are working heavily with them on their nuclear program. Also, the Shahab2 missile, which is their most advanced missile to date is basically foreign copied design. Most of their weaponry is not of their own creation.
    Let`s get Ron Paul into top 10 to generate headlines. We need more people.

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900), Twilight of the Idols

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788 - 1860)

https://twitter.com/#!/JuicyGrabs

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyG View Post
    Very good point. A lot of technically advanced weaponry was given to people who`s advancement in many other areas was not sufficient enough to handle this kind of power. This didn`t only happen in Middle East, but in many other places. For eg in Papua New Guinea, local tribes that used to hunt with bows and arrows, killing themselves the old fashioned way were given bazookas, mortars and assault rifles. Of course their genocidal, barbaric behavior didn`t change, but got only exacerbated by the use of modern weaponry. You`ve basically got stone age people with computer age technology.

On Iran though, it`s important to emphasize they`re not really doing it all by themselves. Russian scientists are working heavily with them on their nuclear program. Also, the Shahab2 missile, which is their most advanced missile to date is basically foreign copied design. Most of their weaponry is not of their own creation.

The USA space program was also developed after WW II by Nazi scientists which while working left enormous knowledge and trained their replacements .The Russian,NK,Pak or Chinese scientists while working in Iran will also in the process train future generations of scientists and engineers .Yes a good part of what they have is either reverse engineered or just manufactured there but this in time turns into knowledge.To manufacture something you would at least need to know how it works on a basic level.

And a very important part for me is that an enormous part of their population is under 25.As i have seen in most documentaries the Iranian government pushes a lot of their kids into natural science studies.In 20 years they may have an enormous engineer and scientists base that will propel them technologically
    Last edited by Demigod; 02-11-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    I think I would too. SA is much more of a long term powderkeg than Iran.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

We're giving nuclear bombs to a bunch of barbarians who still don't let women drive!?!? Okay, NOW I'm worried about Israel!!!
    Last edited by Lishy; 02-11-2012 at 10:50 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    from OP:

The country which "supplied" most of the 9/11 hijackers will certainly be supplied with nuclear bombs ...
    This seems like an unwise move, maybe even A STUPID MOVE!

I hope those nuclear bombs don't find their way (back?) into the
    USA on or before 12/21/2012 'cause I already made plans to survive.

Well this certainly isn't good. Two nations hostile towards America for the same reason.

I know this is going to go down, so I hope Iran gets taken out, and by default the Saudis do not get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I think I would too. SA is much more of a long term powderkeg than Iran.
    Yes, SA's "friendship" with the US depends solely on their police state. Once the shiites overthrow the sunni ruling class, nobody knows what's going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    Yes, SA's "friendship" with the US depends solely on their police state. Once the shiites overthrow the sunni ruling class, nobody knows what's going to happen...
    That`s not going to happen because the shiites are a minority in SA. However there are plenty of sunni who want more freedom and dislike sharia law `n such.
    Let`s get Ron Paul into top 10 to generate headlines. We need more people.

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900), Twilight of the Idols

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788 - 1860)

https://twitter.com/#!/JuicyGrabs

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyG View Post
    That`s not going to happen because the shiites are a minority in SA. However there are plenty of sunni who want more freedom and dislike sharia law `n such.
    I think the shiites might try to secede the oil-rich (!!) eastern province:
    In modern day Saudi Arabia, the Sunni rulers limit Shia political participation to a game of notables. These notables benefit from their ties to power and in turn, are expected to control their community. Saudi Shias are a minority comprising only about 10-15%, about 3.5 million, of the some 25 million Saudi population. Although some live in Medina, Mecca, and even Riyadh, the majority are concentrated in the oases of al-Hasa and Qatif in the oil-rich areas of the Eastern Province.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi'a_I...d_persecutions