Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Percentage of total state population voting for Ron Paul compared

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    There is only 1 state to go. After Utah votes on June 26th, I may make a map with colors, numbers and all that jazz.
    Cool idea! =)
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Utah 6/26/12 0.4%

Utah was the final state to vote.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Google chart link http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...0,100&chtm=usa

Percentage of total state population voting for Ron Paul in the Republican Primary or Republican Caucus, ranked highest to lowest by color:
    Red 5% to 3% (NH)
    Orange 2.9% to 2% (VT MT)
    Yellow 1.9% to 1% (SC WI IN VA MI NC OH NE)
    Light Green 0.9% to 0.5% (OR IA PA SC TN OK AR TX IL WV AL FL GA AZ MA KY ID MO NM)
    Green less than 0.5% (ND AK MS CA MD UT DE RI NJ MN LA NV CT WA CO ME HI NY KS WY)

Sources:
    Type "population of XXX" into Google to see the population source used for the states. Results quickly pop up from http://www.google.com/publicdata -- Source: U.S. Census Bureau
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results...tial_primaries for the vote results
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I really started to think about the numbers and I noticed that a much larger percentage of the total state population voted for Ron Paul in New Hampshire in 2012 than in most other states. NH did this despite not having an open primary where all voters are allowed to vote in a Republican primary. In NH, only Republican and undeclared voters could vote in the Republican primary. In the 7 next best states (VT, MT, SC, WI, IN, VA, MI) all voters (even Democrats) were allowed to vote in the Republican primary. Lots and lots of Democrats did vote in Republican primaries.

In fact, the next highest state in the same category as NH was NC where 1.1% of the population voted for Ron Paul. Ron Paul received about 4 times as many votes as a percentage of the state population in NH as he did NC did.

Are there 4 times as many Ron Paul supporters as a percentage of the population in NH than in any other state? I don't know but it is something to think about.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-04-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Oh cool, the information put together in this thread also made the front page of the online edition of the Independence Day edition (today's) of the Union Leader, the NH state paper. We saw the research first, as it was being gathered and put together

Union Leader
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TION/120709862

and

NewHampshire.com
    http://www.newhampshire.com/article/...TION/120709862

If Rand Paul runs in 2016, how will this information change? Will New Hampshire still be at the top? What about VT, MT and SC? What percentage of the population in Kentucky will vote for Rand Paul? Will Rand Paul do better in Texas than Ron Paul did?

If Rand Paul runs in 2016, how will this information change? Will New Hampshire still be at the top? What about VT, MT and SC? What percentage of the population in Kentucky will vote for Rand Paul? Will Rand Paul do better in Texas than Ron Paul did?
    Good questions.

I certainly figure Rand to do better down south, at least until the government propaganda organs get into full cry after him.

Shamity already fired a warning shot across his bow by endorsing Cheney over Enzi.

The South is death for any peace/non interventionist candidate.

Total state population or total voting population?

Wyoming 2/29/12 0.08%

Wyoming didn't have a popular vote in 2008 so these numbers shouldn't be looked down on. This is progress.
    Wyoming still didn't have a popular vote in 2012. The process was exactly the same in 2008 and 2012: County conventions decided delegates, and most or all of the conventions also had a totally non-binding straw poll.

Wyoming sent a couple RP people to Tampa. So we did pretty well in that sense. I do like what you've done here (even if the reason is just to transparently serve your agenda ) and there's a benefit to knowing how many people voted for Ron, or at least it's interesting. But in the state of Wyoming, there is no real (binding) vote for Presidential nominee. A couple-few thousand GOP precinct leaders get together and vote on delegates to conventions. That's it.

The different processes -- caucus/convention vs. primary -- are just too different to be able to compare across them and say "this state is more Ron Paul-loving than this state".

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Wyoming still didn't have a popular vote in 2012.
    The different processes -- caucus/convention vs. primary -- are just too different to be able to compare across them and say "this state is more Ron Paul-loving than this state".
    You are right. Thanks. The WY process is still extremely backwards. I'm not a fan of the HI process either.

The people were more likely to vote in primaries than caucuses. I broke it down in many different ways, though. If you want it broken down in another way, please let me know. If you do the math, I'll add it to the 1st or 2nd post.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It depends on who he is running against I bet. Having visited family recently, my uncle was talking politics and 2016, and he never once mentioned Rand's name. He is a Fox News watcher, and will vote according to who Fox News tells him is/isn't evil 24/7 in 2016. He is your typical Republican voter, and if/when (I think) Fox News pundits declare Rand Paul to be the same as Ron Paul, he will lose. Some say it won't happen, but considering the media tanked Ron Paul's campaign in 2012 on an issue from the early 90s, little will surprise me.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123