Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maine Caucus Predictions and Results Page

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Please enough of this intrade Nonsense.

Ron paul is going to do well in Manie as for Intrade its nothing more then people placing bets and there money on whose going to win so not a real prediction.
    I have seen a thread result page where Ron paul is leading with 40%.
    Intrade is no doubt fun to speculate on. People throw down with limited information, but I do think you would find a mild correlation between Intrade and results. Not because intrade has an effect on the results, but because the results and perceived results affect Intrade.
    Last edited by braane; 02-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I sincerely do hope that we can have one in the "win" column shortly. Are there any other states where we might be favored to take 1st place?
    alaska , north dakota , washington

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GraspingForPeace View Post
    I see that there are multiple trolls on this forum...
    Actually, I quite like the "Not gonna win" comment. We keep raising expectations and then everyone's heart is always shattered the next day. I'd rather make everyone think we have no chance of winning and then blow it out of the water

I'm not going to predict and I hope none of us else predicts. We predicted first in Iowa and said it was impossible he finished 3rd....he finished 3rd. South Carolina the same except for 2nd/3rd. Nevada same 2nd...Minnesota predicted wins....

Then on the other hand you had people saying last in Nevada...last in Minnesota...3rd in New Hampshire...People are either overly optimistic or pessimistic. Let the cards fall where ever they do. Lets hope Ron wins.

Realism =/= Trolling

I support Ron Paul and have been Phoning from Home and making ads nonstop for him to get votes.

I don't think he'll win it tomorrow though. Me having an opinion is not a troll.

Please be a bit more respectful before yelling "troll."
    Last edited by Gray Fullbuster; 02-10-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    氷の造形魔法

Ice Wizard Power - Ice Make

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ruffneck View Post
    South Dakota too. The one and only poll (when bachman, perry, cain and huntsman were still in the race) had Paul leading. South Dakota is winner take all...would be huge.

Nobody here is a "troll."

I disagree with some saying Romney needed to go here to make a play. Romney is still seen by many within the party as the 'eventual nom' and 'the guy to beat'. He is still a frontrunner and a state like ME is meaningless for his campaign to bother with. Newt and Rick arent even there and of all people, Rick should be in ME when you think about it. He has the least chance of winning the nom/beating obama and should be up there trying to squeeze out every win possible. This just proves how unimportant it is to them.

Let's be honest here, they know Ron has a good chance of winning it, so once again, Romney gets a memo to head up there and cut down Ron's momentum. He is the only one close enough to Ron to do it, which another reason why the others arent bothering, they have no chance to catch him. Why on earth would Romney waste his time in ME, when he could be in MI/AZ/OK where he needs to be competing with Rick? The guy takes out an ad buy there at the last minute in a meaningless state? (Meaningless for HIM, not Ron). Pfff yea ok It is more obvious than ever he is just up there to $#@! it all up, and since Ron and crew decided that taking 3 days vacation was a good idea and even let him get there BEFORE they did is even more inexplicable. Rumor has it now the GOP is trying to get Rick supporters to vote for Romney. Since it will be close, they will have all the leverage they need to 'screw with something' too. If he loses, msm has their excuse to use that Ron blew it by not being up there after MN.

It is really just a shame they are risking losing this state. No one else would have done this. His one chance to win and they just blow it off for days, and allow Mitt to don his Mighty Mouse cape to swoop in and save the day. So if they lose, the campaign has no one but themselves to blame. Had they been there all 3 days and did all they can, and lost, well at least you could say you did all you could, gave it all you had, etc. But losing now will only generate mass finger pointing, which in this case, would be more than justified.
    Last edited by Student Of Paulism; 02-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Student Of Paulism View Post
    It is really just a shame they are risking losing this state. No one else would have done this. His one chance to win and they just blow it off for days, and allow Mitt to don his Mighty Mouse cape to swoop in and save the day. So if they lose, the campaign has no one but themselves to blame. Had they been there all 3 days and did all they can, and lost, well at least you could say you did all you could, gave it all you had, etc. But losing now will only generate mass finger pointing, which in this case, would be more than justified.
    I agree completely. It's just sad that so many people here attack others simply for stating the obvious.

think Ron Paul is going to win the straw poll. Already there is a rumor that Newt supporters are throwing their vote to RP, I imagine some Santorum supporters would too. They know they do not have a chance in Maine and it is a two man race there. They likely do not see RP as a threat as much as Romney going forward even with a win. Romney ends up losing again in Maine it overall helps Santorum going into the next contests and Gingrich as well.
    Last edited by seapilot; 02-10-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CNN is reporting that Romney originally planned to only hold a Friday night event and not attend the caucuses. The fact he added the caucus events late sounds like a sign of weakness. I had thought Romney was going to Maine in a sign of strength, but it might just be that he is very worried. Not sure there is any other way to explaining why he added the saturday events.

Quote Originally Posted by rp2012win View Post
    CNN is reporting that Romney originally planned to only hold a Friday night event and not attend the caucuses. The fact he added the caucus events late sounds like a sign of weakness. I had thought Romney was going to Maine in a sign of strength, but it might just be that he is very worried. Not sure there is any other way to explaining why he added the saturday events.
    Well, Romney ain't up there on a Saturday for his damn health that's for sure.

Even if Romney does win, I think the media will spin it that he was rattled. The other candidates are dictating the battles he must fight.

Alaska? I have high reservations that we'll win that. In my view not likely. This talk is just like in '08. We were supposed to win Alaska last time too.

Stop making predictions and work harder. Maybe then we won't have to make predictions but actually get some results

Ron is speaking in Lewiston and Romney is speaking at a Portland caucus ... THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE ... GOTV here and we'll counter!

So... you think that there is collusion between Romney and GOP officials?
    The state party machinery is actively supporting Romney.

Don't know how reliable "Watch the vote" are but so far, with only 2 counties complete, Ron is winning 48% to Romney's 33%

Ron won both of the complete counties

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=1

Intrade has MITT ROMNEY and RON PAUL for FIRST PLACE SHARES in MAINE at an almost identical price right now.
    Both are at roughly a $5.35 and at 6:45 EST a small wager secures you a ten spot. Intrade is easier to send money
    into by wire transfer as opposed to most USA credit cards. the speculative bubble on mitt romney is being deflated
    over at Intrade. a Ned Silver tweet changed the ballgame more than did Mr. Matt Drudge's headlines earlier. its close.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When the votes are counted tonight I think we will see a map that looks a lot like Maine's last gubernatorial election. Maine elected a Tea Party-backed governor running against a strong independent and a weak democrat. The counties that put Paul LePage in office will be the same counties that go for RP this time. That's my prediction anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ruffneck View Post
    Missouri will have lots and lots of delegates

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Missouri will have lots and lots of delegates
    Thanks for the info by pm! Hopefully that will add a few for one of the smaller lower-key counties.

4 hours ago

Ron Paul takes commanding early lead in Maine Caucus

Maine – Texas Congressman Ron Paul has taken a commanding lead over his GOP rivals in the Maine Caucus heading into its final day on Saturday, hoping to extinguish Rick Santorum’s modest campaign winning streak and launch a comeback of his own in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

MORE: http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-...#ixzz1m7PDCcmN
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Sam Adams: terrorist, patriot, and public enemy #1.

OUR GRAVEST threat is the Zionist Occupied U.S. Government, the Zionist Federal Reserve and Zionist media elites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12