Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul on Face the Nation on Sunday 2/12/12

Ron Paul on Face the Nation on Sunday 2/12/12

with Bob Schieffer

Sunday on @FaceTheNation: I'll talk to GOP pres candidate @RonPaul, Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell, and WH Chief of Staff Jack Lew
    https://twitter.com/#!/bobschieffer/...13081501368320

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh god no! Schieffer is horrible. He's old and out of touch with reality

yea....not that old piece of garbage again.

CBS have been the most ruthless againts ron paul this election cycle.

Bump. Should be on at 10:30 EST.
    Last edited by skytoucher; 02-12-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Groups are grammatical fictions; only individuals exist, and each individual is different. -Robert Anton Wilson

Fornication Under Consent of the King

ron paul needs to come out kicking the corrupt maine gop in the balls and use this time to call out the fraud. if ron paul does not come out and start fighting back against this asap. Then we will be voting 3rd party!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

What time is ftn?
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    ron paul needs to come out kicking the corrupt maine gop in the balls and use this time to call out the fraud. if ron paul does not come out and start fighting back against this asap. Then we will be voting 3rd party!
    It was probably taped yesterday.

schiefer sucks, but if paul can handle him respectfully using tact to communicate his policy positions, paul can come out of this looking very Presidential.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Im not even going to watch.. Ive had enough... I will still donate though

i don't see paul calling out the GOP and 'whining' on air. i just don't see him doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    i don't see paul calling out the GOP and 'whining' on air. i just don't see him doing that?
    it is not whining,on your point. we lost already if you think calling out gop corruption is whining. I was elected a delegate and now the gop is going to change that somehow. so don't tell me about $#@!ing whining bs corruption is $#@!ing corruption, f the gop as long as i live with my vote is my plan!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 02-12-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    it is not whining,on your point. we lost already if you think calling out gop corruption is whining. I was elected a delegate and now the gop is going to change that somehow. so don't tell me about $#@!ing whining bs corruption is $#@!ing corruption, f the gop as long as i live with my vote is my plan!
    Perception is reality. The viewers will perceive it as whining even if he comes out fire and brimstone. The MSM will spin it as whining if he's anything less than appreciative of Mitt's win. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

You don't have to like it and it should make you mad. It should make you more mad that the sheep will believe it and talk about it at work the next day and convince each other of it. It should fire you up and get you real angry. Anger is def the right emotion to have. I applaud you for that. Too many wusses on the board crying about it and being depressed instead of getting MAD.

Does anyone have a stream that works? I can't get my usual to play.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

yah, need a stream too. What network is it usually on?

Here we go. I had though, that this would be pre-recorded, it isn't.

CBS, neverseen

Called out the canceled county and Bob completely ignores it and brings on another biased question.

Bob using Ron's interview to ask him about Romney's inability to make people think he is conservative. Ron using the opportunity to call them all out on no change, no cuts, no foreign policy change, no conservatism.

Great interview so far.
    Last edited by Bruno; 02-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Here we go. I had though, that this would be pre-recorded, it isn't.

CBS, neverseen

Called out the canceled county and Bob completely ignores it and brings on another biased question.
    keep the play by play coming... can't find a cbs feed :P

Mine is some segment on finding love...

Guess I'm not watching Face the Nation.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 02-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Any real questions this am bob?

Romney Romney Romney?
    No enthusiasm?
    Blah blah

Ron doing a great job right now turning it to policy and positions. Jut said "we need common sense" or something like that

Ron completely OWNED that interview.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

What stupid questions. Ron Paul did good though.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The questions were kinda dumb, but Scheiffer wasn't being an outright dick to Ron like he has been in the past, and Ron managed to craft his answers pretty well. Overall, good stuff.

For those not watching, you are going to like this interview.

Sheiffer's questions suck, but Ron's answers are great. Bob is focusing all questions on what Ron's opinion is of Ron and his thoughts on the other candidates in general.

"Any Republicans who think it is a shoe-in, have another think coming."

Can Romney beat Obama?

"yes, I think he can, I can too. I get the appeal from Democrats and independents."

Bob even took the opportunity to turn the enthusiasm for Ron Paul, "I'll give you your due on that, they are energetic," into a question about why the other candidates don't have the enthusiasm.

Now after Ron Paul is done, he has McConnell on and ignores that he talked to Ron just 2 seconds ago, and focuses on other questions like other Republicans beat Obama. Heaven forbid he would ask Mitch McConnel about Ron Paul, considering he just finished that interview.
    Last edited by Bruno; 02-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Then bob wraps it up with at least his 4th romney question. "do you think Romney can beat obama?"

Screw you bob.

Ron did well though. Came off very likeable and down to earth as usual. Would have liked to see a little more self promotion personally but that's not really his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    Then bob wraps it up with at least his 4th romney question. "do you think Romney can beat obama?"

Screw you bob.

Ron did well though. Came off very likeable and down to earth as usual. Would have liked to see a little more self promotion personally but that's not really his personality.
    I know what you mean about the self promotion. But I think he got across very well the point that the other three are the same guy.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Should have said he doesn't think Romney can beat Obama

Sounds like a good interview. It'd be great to hear ron say, "Hey Bob, I'm Ron Paul. I'm winning in delegates. I'm polling highest against Obama. If you want to ask Mitt questions... Have Mitt on air. Otherwise, let's stick to the policy issues."

Something like that. Shame he's humble to a fault :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast