Thread: Paul Campaign: We’re Winning The Battle For Delegates

Paul Campaign: We’re Winning The Battle For Delegates

Paul Campaign: We’re Winning The Battle For Delegates

GOP strategist predicts Paul will be on the Republican ticket

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    February 9, 2012

The Ron Paul campaign issued a press release yesterday announcing that the Congressman was winning the battle for delegates in the lead up to the Republican National Convention, with with Paul himself adding that he believes he has unlocked the secret to winning the GOP nomination.

“We are thrilled with the yesterday’s results.” Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate stated, “Our campaign to Restore America continues to gain ground, and we are poised to pick up even more delegates from Minnesota and Colorado adding to our delegates in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.”

“As people across the country view the results of yesterday’s contests, it is important to consider a few facts that have not been clearly reported. Not one single delegate was awarded yesterday, instead the caucuses in Minnesota and Colorado were the very first step in the delegate selection process. And there are still over 40 states left to go. The Ron Paul campaign plans to continue to vie for delegates nationwide.” Tate added.

Tate pointed out that the caucuses were essentially “non-binding beauty contests”, and that the Paul campaign is poised to pick up many more delegates in Missouri, Colorado and Nevada than the straw poll numbers indicate.

Tate also stated that following a strong second place showing in Minnesota, “the Paul campaign is well-organized to win the bulk of delegates there.”

“We are confident in gaining a much larger share of delegates than even our impressive showing yesterday indicates. As an example of our campaign’s delegate strength, take a look at what has occurred in Colorado” Tate added, pointing to the fact that delegate slots do not directly correlate with the straw poll vote.

As the graphic below illustrates, in several counties in Colorado, Paul won ALL the delegates despite coming in third or even fourth in the straw polls:

“We are also seeing the same trends in Minnesota, Nevada, and Iowa, and in Missouri as well.” the Paul campaign statement read.

The Congressman appeared on Cavuto last night and explained:

“In some of these states I can come in third or fourth, but because we have the organisation we might get the most of the delegates. A lot of people don’t understand that, I shouldn’t let the secret out!” Paul noted.

Paul conceded however that in order to stand a real shot he needs to finish in first in some of the primaries and caucuses.

“I think for PR purposes and credibility you have to win some states.” Paul said.

Watch the full interview below:

http://www.infowars.com/paul-campaig...for-delegates/
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then what is up with the media showing the delegate counts where Paul is dead last with not many?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahj13 View Post
    Then what is up with the media showing the delegate counts where Paul is dead last with not many?
    Those are just projected and don't account for Paul's ability to collect a larger proportion of delegates than other candidates.

Although, I think just mentioning three precincts out of a very large pool of precincts is more likely cherry-picking than anything.

The media reporting any caucus states delegates is a case of lying. Delegates haven't been allocated, selected, and most are unbound.

Quote Originally Posted by hb6102 View Post
    The media reporting any caucus states delegates is a case of lying. Delegates haven't been allocated, selected, and most are unbound.
    This.
    I am the spoon.

Nice press release, but still does not answer the question that everyone I know is asking, why isn't Ron Paul in Maine right now fighting like hell for a win on Saturday, instead of being home in Clute Texas?

bump
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Report from my friend in Reno who became a delegate and so did his wife !!! RP got a much greater % of delegates vs. the straw vote !!

"Deb and I are both delegates plus 1 other guy so we had 3 in our precinct out of 8 delegates. So 3/8 = 37.5%. Romney had
    5 delegates. WE had total 3 Paul people and 3 Paul delegates. The votes went 18 Romney, 6 Geingrich, 4 Santorum, and 3 Paul.
    So in NV. they will calculate the number of votes also in the percentage to come out with a number.
    Lots Mormons were motivated to see a Mormon President here. Only 4-8% of the registered Republicans showed up to vote.
    We went to the pre-caucus rally to here him speak. He is inspiring and the energy was sky high with supporters. Of course not much coverage by media though.

"Hang in there. At least some of the issues are being heard by our stand and they have to do something to address them."
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.