Thread: Ben Swann did a piece on the Nevada Caucus

Ben Swann did a piece on the Nevada Caucus

Reality Check: Caucus chaos and why delegates are what really matter
    http://www.fox19.com/story/16774836/...really-matters

I agree with Ben Swann. Primaries are far better than caucuses. My dream is that all states have proportional binding primaries like New Hampshire has. I know that will hurt liberty candidates like Ron Paul. I know he does far better in the caucus states that try very hard to confuse voters. However, I want to see the voting process more open to the average person. The caucus system is designed to alienate voters. I know that primary voters in New Hampshire are smart enough to do the right thing, anyway. I know the primary voters in most other states aren't as smart and aren't likely to vote for liberty. However, I content that part of the reason they aren't as likely to vote for liberty is that they are against liberty.

I understand if people really dislike me calling for more fair and easy to understand elections. I understand if people dislike me for calling for elections that are hardly for fraud to exist in. I don't care. I like liberty but I also want fairness. Primaries do a far better job at providing that. I am so thankful to Ben for taking a stand on what is right in the world. I know some Ron Paul people may be against what is right. I know some Ron Paul people may be against fairness and justice. I don't care. I'll stand up for what is right and even against Ron Paul people if I have to. Thank you Ben!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post

Reality Check: Caucus chaos and why delegates are what really matter
    http://www.fox19.com/story/16774836/...really-matters

I agree with Ben Swann. Primaries are far better than caucuses. My dream is that all states have proportional binding primaries like New Hampshire has. I know that will hurt liberty candidates like Ron Paul. I know he does far better in the caucus states that try very hard to confuse voters. However, I want to see the voting process more open to the average person. The caucus system is designed to alienate voters. I know that primary voters in New Hampshire are smart enough to do the right thing, anyway. I know the primary voters in most other states aren't as smart and aren't likely to vote for liberty. However, I content that part of the reason they aren't as likely to vote for liberty is that they are against liberty.

I understand if people really dislike me calling for more fair and easy to understand elections. I understand if people dislike me for calling for elections that are hardly for fraud to exist in. I don't care. I like liberty but I also want fairness. Primaries do a far better job at providing that. I am so thankful to Ben for taking a stand on what is right in the world. I know some Ron Paul people may be against what is right. I know some Ron Paul people may be against fairness and justice. I don't care. I'll stand up for what is right and even against Ron Paul people if I have to. Thank you Ben!
    Ultimately, if you champion democracy, you're right. Besides, regardless how the voting works, a majority of people in a society must desire liberty in order for liberty to succeed in the long run, no matter the political mechanism.

However, the cause of liberty is greater than the cause of democracy, and I'll take liberty in whatever manner I can get it, and to whatever degree I can get it, even if it means we don't have a perfectly democratic process.