Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I bypass a car's computer?

Exclamation How do I bypass a car's computer?

In case of a 2012 CME, an EMP, or something similar, how do I bypass a car's computer and I suppose fuses to start the engine of a car? I've tried to google the info, but I guess I'm not asking the question the right way.
    Here's the scenario, either a scale 5 Coronal Mass Ejection, or an Electro Magnetic Pulse happens, I'm driving along, minding my own business, my truck gets hit (2002 Ford Explorer) by the EMP. Now my truck is dead, there is no starting it, all the micro processing, fuses and such are fried, anything WITHOUT a micro processor is just fine, but I need to get out of here because for some reason zombies are coming, so how do I bypass the computer and fuses and get the thing running o I can get out of there?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your Ford Explorer is fuel injected(as is almost every car today). You need the computer to control the gas mixture, the fuel pump and many other things. Plus you won't have cruise control!

Buy a car from the 70's if you don't want a computer.

you cant. injectors and fuel pumps dont work without the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by carmaphob View Post
    Your Ford Explorer is fuel injected(as is almost every car today). You need the computer to control the gas mixture, the fuel pump and many other things. Plus you won't have cruise control!

Buy a car from the 70's if you don't want a computer.
    No moneys to buy a 70's vehicle, so what you're saying is, I'm screwed?
    Dang environmentalists screwing everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeridith View Post
    you cant. injectors and fuel pumps dont work without the computer.
    The pump and the injectors, do they only need a power supply or is there more to it than that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingJimmy View Post
    No moneys to buy a 70's vehicle, so what you're saying is, I'm screwed?
    Dang environmentalists screwing everything up.
    You don't have a couple hundred fifty bucks? My folks have an old Buick electric 225 they're about to have hauled to the scrap heap. Now getting that beast running after sitting in the Alabama rain for a few decades might be another matter altogether.

Edit: Dropped the price
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You don't have a couple hundred fifty bucks? My folks have an old Buick electric 225 they're about to have hauled to the scrap heap. Now getting that beast running after sitting in the Alabama rain for a few decades might be another matter altogether.

If I had the money, time, and ability to go to Alabama I might take you up on that offer.

If I had the money, time, and ability to go to Alabama I might take you up on that offer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a violation of the DMCA I'm sure.

Go to a local junkyard buy an engine build a chasis. done. Cost < 200$, labor not sure. If you need a vehicle that is resistant to EMP get a faraday cage for your car.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/faraday_cages.html

Not as easy but simple enough, I have one with a laptop, router, switch, hub, windup radio, food, water. Just in case. A bit of an overkill but it cost less than 200$ to do it. Better safe than sorry. (plus it only has like 3 days worth of rations) and is small enough (cage included) to fit in a duffel bag

Buy a pre 2007-ish dirtbike or quad. They're still carbureted and very versatile.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

I have a 1998 model car with no computers, still looks pretty modern.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertasPraesidium View Post
    Go to a local junkyard buy an engine build a chasis. done. Cost < 200$, labor not sure. If you need a vehicle that is resistant to EMP get a faraday cage for your car.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/faraday_cages.html

Not as easy but simple enough, I have one with a laptop, router, switch, hub, windup radio, food, water. Just in case. A bit of an overkill but it cost less than 200$ to do it. Better safe than sorry. (plus it only has like 3 days worth of rations) and is small enough (cage included) to fit in a duffel bag
    A faraday cage wont shield the vehicle's computer from the EMP. The cage has to be "air tight", no outside connection, so unless I plan on putting my truck in an air tight shed, then I'm screwed.
    One thing I've been thinking about though is buying replacement computers and fuses for my truck, my parents truck, an ambulance, and a few school buses.

Actually I was halfway joking. The car is already spoken for by someone else who doesn't have the time or money to go to Alabama and get it. Seriously though, check Craigslist. You've got to be able to find somebody with an old junker that they want to get off their hands. Are you good with engines?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Actually I was halfway joking. The car is already spoken for by someone else who doesn't have the time or money to go to Alabama and get it. Seriously though, check Craigslist. You've got to be able to find somebody with an old junker that they want to get off their hands. Are you good with engines?
    Nope, I'm pretty much female when it comes to vehicles, computers are a different story though.

Get replacement chips (junkyard?) and put those in an airtight faraday cage with instructions on how to swap out chips..

HTH
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coil and computer backup. A used computer at a junk yard will more than likely need to be taken into a dealer and flashed for your particular vehicle so the security/anti-theft system doesn't prevent the car from starting.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Sell the car. Buy a pair of mules and a wagon.

A 97 or older dodge diesel will have an entirely mechanical fuel injection system. There are some diesel cars with mechanical pumps, I just don't know which makes and models off the top of my head. Its nice having the option to run off of used motor oil or heating oil for end of the world as we know it situations. If you had a newer dodge, there are conversions available to go to the mechanical pumps. Its pretty popular among the truck pullers.
    "Time is catching up with me." -Ron Paul

Ya know, it's kinda weird. I'm reading a book right now called "One Second After", it's a fictional book that deals with EMP's and it has a message from Newt Gingrich who contributed to the book lol, weird.
    So I guess what I'm saying is, Newt Gingrich actually has something worth listening to lol.

In case of a 2012 CME, an EMP, or something similar, how do I bypass a car's computer and I suppose fuses to start the engine of a car? I've tried to google the info, but I guess I'm not asking the question the right way.
    Here's the scenario, either a scale 5 Coronal Mass Ejection, or an Electro Magnetic Pulse happens, I'm driving along, minding my own business, my truck gets hit (2002 Ford Explorer) by the EMP. Now my truck is dead, there is no starting it, all the micro processing, fuses and such are fried, anything WITHOUT a micro processor is just fine, but I need to get out of here because for some reason zombies are coming, so how do I bypass the computer and fuses and get the thing running o I can get out of there?
    By Zombies, do you mean Democrats?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

love my 71 super beetle

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I have a 1998 model car with no computers, still looks pretty modern.
    No, you don't, at least not if you are in the US.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

!975-'79 American auto manufactures took the points out of distributors.......Any gasoline powered vehicle that does not have points is subject to electrical interference from an outside source.

[edit] magnetos were/are an option but to the best of my knowledge were never installed by the factory.
    Last edited by tod evans; 02-09-2012 at 07:09 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Car's going to be useless without the ECU. You could always keep a backup I guess. And get an OBD-2 to USB cable so you can reprogram it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, you don't, at least not if you are in the US.
    Yea OBD-2 standard was mandated in 1996 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Yea OBD-2 standard was mandated in 1996 I believe.
    Yup, and even before that, the last totally non digital vehicle was sold back in 1983 or so IIRC.

The last carburated one was 1990.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-09-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Car's going to be useless without the ECU. You could always keep a backup I guess. And get an OBD-2 to USB cable so you can reprogram it.
    You can do like I did, retrofit a 300 cid Ford six with points and a carb.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    !975-'79 American auto manufactures took the points out of distributors.......Any gasoline powered vehicle that does not have points is subject to electrical interference from an outside source.

[edit] magnetos were/are an option but to the best of my knowledge were never installed by the factory.
    I'm pretty sure most Model Ts had magnetos.

So did early VW Beetles IRRC.

I run one of these in my truck:

http://www.performancedistributors.com/

While still electronic, the nice thing about these are the fact that they are completely self contained.

You could easily shield the entire unit from an EMP pulse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast