Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 331 to 352 of 352

Thread: To Anarchists: How does anarchy work.

  1. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is not true, that would require you to reject the authority of your parents, earthly authority must be put in its proper place below heavenly authority in a similar manner.
    ''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.''



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #332
    Where in modern history has anarchism worked well?

    Considerations;
    -A fairly modest population density of more than 300 persons per sq mi.
    -For a period longer than 18 months.

    How is that society doing today?

    Why did they abandon anarchism?

    Replaced it with what?

  4. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Where in modern history has anarchism worked well?

    Considerations;
    -A fairly modest population density of more than 300 persons per sq mi.
    -For a period longer than 18 months.

    How is that society doing today?

    Why did they abandon anarchism?

    Replaced it with what?
    I have often said that I do not believe that Anarchy can not exist beyond momentary chaos.
    As a world system,, it can not exist... The power vacuum would be filled by some manner of Authoritarianism.

    It can work as a personal philosophy.. an individual decision not to accept any false authority.

    I learned it in a cage.. and carried it with me since.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  5. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have often said that I do not believe that Anarchy can not exist beyond momentary chaos.
    As a world system,, it can not exist... The power vacuum would be filled by some manner of Authoritarianism.

    It can work as a personal philosophy.. an individual decision not to accept any false authority.

    I learned it in a cage.. and carried it with me since.
    You can't possibly convince me that you were ever a bird.

  6. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    You can't possibly convince me that you were ever a bird.
    Never actually,,, but I may appear that way..

    I have a highly changeable appearance, and some esoteric skills.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  7. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    As they should be.

    If someone aggresses against you, how would you resolve the dispute with courts and police? Or if you run someone over, how will they have recourse against you?

    Never really answered by sovereign citizens.
    There was no such thing as police in Murica till 1838. The concept has its origin in slave patrols. http://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/ It's foreign to Freemen and abhorrent to liberty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #337
    The Amish are the only 'working' group that I can think of that would even come close
    to resembling anarchism, living much as they did 300 years ago, I applaud their
    commitments to a way of life they believe in.

  10. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Never actually,,, but I may appear that way..

    I have a highly changeable appearance, and some esoteric skills.
    My skills are less than esoteric, I can ride a bicycle.

  11. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    There was no such thing as police in Murica till 1838. The concept has its origin in slave patrols. http://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/ It's foreign to Freemen and abhorrent to liberty.

    But we had sheriffs;

    Sheriff James Baldridge 1637

  12. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    But we had sheriffs;

    Sheriff James Baldridge 1637
    Yup. And sheriffs/deputies did not resemble what we think of as "the police" at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  13. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yup. And sheriffs/deputies did not resemble what we think of as "the police" at all.
    Not at all,,,,,?
    List the differences .

  14. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    But we had sheriffs;

    Sheriff James Baldridge 1637
    And there's nothing really incompatible with anarchism about individuals delegated their law enforcement authority that everyone has by nature to someone like that.

    Likewise with courts.

    The question is whether or not we ought to use violence to subjugate other people under our authority without their consent. God's law (which is all that really matters, notwithstanding the insistence of the utilitarians among us) tells us that we ought not do that. Whatever means we use to fight crime and follow due process in judging the accused, we ought to do it without committing more crimes in the process. There's nothing illogical about this kind of ethical purity, and no reason we can't affirm this standard even while we have to live in a world surrounded by others who don't.

  15. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Anarchism is totally incompatible with Christianity.
    Christianity tells us that the only rightful king of all the earth is Christ, to whom all authority in Heaven and on Earth has been given. All earthly regimes are satanic pretenders. Christ was offered statist rule by Satan. He refused the offer, and he commanded all who follow him also to refuse the offer and to repudiate the methods of the state, but rather to take up their own crosses and follow the path that he trail-blazed.

    Provided we allow for the caveat that Christ himself is a legitimate ruler, and that the kind of anarchism in question is only one that denies the legitimacy of earthly rulers who subjugate others by the methods that Jesus commanded us not to use, while still affirming the unique rule of Christ himself, then anarchism is not only compatible with Christianity, but moreover it is the only political philosophy that is.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 02-10-2019 at 04:45 PM.

  16. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    You need courts, police and military and you need to pay for them. The absence of taxation is an absence of liberty.
    OK. When you voluntarily exercise your liberty to pay taxes, anarchists won't resort to violence to prevent you from doing that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    And if you disagree. go start your own tax free competing country and see how well that works.
    I see no practical way to do that. And again, it's totally irrelevant. I can repudiate moral evils like taxation right here, right now, in this country, where I pay taxes and drive on government roads, making the most of life in an unfree world without feeling the imaginary obligation to pledge allegiance to it or contribute to its wrongs more than I'm compelled to do under duress.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 02-10-2019 at 04:52 PM.



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    And there's nothing really incompatible with anarchism about individuals delegated their law enforcement authority that everyone has by nature to someone like that.

    Likewise with courts.

    The question is whether or not we ought to use violence to subjugate other people under our authority without their consent. God's law (which is all that really matters, notwithstanding the insistence of the utilitarians among us) tells us that we ought not do that. Whatever means we use to fight crime and follow due process in judging the accused, we ought to do it without committing more crimes in the process. There's nothing illogical about this kind of ethical purity, and no reason we can't affirm this standard even while we have to live in a world surrounded by others who don't.
    What would be appropriate deterrents or prevention of repeat offences to serious crime. as in murder etc.
    I would imagine banishment might be appropriate.

  19. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    What would be appropriate deterrents or prevention of repeat offences to serious crime. as in murder etc.
    I would imagine banishment might be appropriate.
    Perhaps. Banishment, along the lines of what was done in the ancient Greek polis, is certainly a possibility. But other forms of punishment, including those that are used in America now, such as imprisonment and the death penalty, do not require the state for their execution. That's not to say that they are good punishments. That's really a separate question. But there's nothing about anarchism that automatically disallows their use against those who through due process are found guilty of crimes that deserve them.

  20. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Perhaps. Banishment, along the lines of what was done in the ancient Greek polis, is certainly a possibility. But other forms of punishment, including those that are used in America now, such as imprisonment and the death penalty, do not require the state for their execution. That's not to say that they are good punishments. That's really a separate question. But there's nothing about anarchism that automatically disallows their use against those who through due process are found guilty of crimes that deserve them.
    I may have read something that wasn't there in your mention of ; ''as long as we're not committing other crimes in the process''.
    Assuming God is the only one that is allowed to make life and death decisions.
    I'll have to read up a lot more on anarchism , there seems to be a sea of variations and interpretations.
    I have no idea what the ''current'' popular/accepted interpretation would be.
    I do like the idea of 'living free of Government' , I think a lot of people are attracted to that idea, but
    a successfully functioning society is complex.
    I may have already mentioned this here, but a guy with a 1000 acres or so depending on area, that is a
    survivalist would do fine without a government , maybe even raise a family, but when we start
    adding more families and begin to interface with the rest of the immediate world, things tend
    to 'look' quite a bit more complex once again.

  21. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Assuming God is the only one that is allowed to make life and death decisions.
    That assumption is well worth considering as a true ethical norm. However, one need not hold to that particular norm to be an anarchist.

    Ancient Israel, under the Mosaic law, was to be a nation without rulers for centuries until it backslid into monarchy, which the law regulated but did not require. But it still had the death penalty for many crimes.

    I tend to think that Christ points us to a higher moral law that supersedes that, and in which the death penalty is either excluded altogether, or at least greatly diminished in its applicability. But it's not my anarchism that compels me to think that.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 02-10-2019 at 05:32 PM.

  22. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That assumption is well worth considering as a true ethical norm. However, one need not hold to that particular norm to be an anarchist.

    Ancient Israel, under the Mosaic law, was to be a nation without rulers for centuries until it backslid into monarchy, which the law regulated but did not require. But it still had the death penalty for many crimes.

    I tend to think that Christ points us to a higher moral law that supersedes that, and in which the death penalty is either excluded altogether, or at least greatly diminished in its applicability. But it's not my anarchism that compels me to think that.
    I've probably never even looked up anarchy or anarchism , since it has become something
    that everyone already knows or thought we knew the definition of.

    To most of us it is a generic term for complete chaos of course, but I can see that the pure
    or original meaning is something quite different.
    I'm guessing government interests looked after by CIA* and other groups have made sure
    that Anarchism is never understood by the masses that the concept as I see it is
    freedom in its purest form.
    That is not to say that I believe it is practical in an instant , but that it should be understood
    and taught so all' can get a deeper understanding of the difference between freedom and what
    we think is freedom here in the US.
    *What I'm trying to say is that the CIA has likely done a hell of a lot of co opting and
    infiltration as well as agent provocateur false flags in order to project the concept
    as horrible evil.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 02-10-2019 at 06:04 PM.

  23. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I've probably never even looked up anarchy or anarchism , since it has become something
    that everyone already knows or thought we knew the definition of.

    To most of us it is a generic term for complete chaos of course, but I can see that the pure
    or original meaning is something quite different.
    I'm guessing government interests looked after by CIA* and other groups have made sure
    that Anarchism is never understood by the masses that the concept as I see it is
    freedom in its purest form.
    That is not to say that I believe it is practical in an instant , but that it should be understood
    and taught so all' can get a deeper understanding of the difference between freedom and what
    we think is freedom here in the US.
    *What I'm trying to say is that the CIA has likely done a hell of a lot of co opting and
    infiltration as well as agent provocateur false flags in order to project the concept
    as horrible evil.
    The CIA has no need to do so. People are already scared $#@!less of the whole concept, including a majority here. Government has done it's job well from kindergarten on.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The foreigners will take 100% of your income and then your life.

  24. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man
    I tend to think that Christ points us to a higher moral law that supersedes that, and in which the death penalty is either excluded altogether, or at least greatly diminished in its applicability. But it's not my anarchism that compels me to think that.
    I totally think anarchy supports eliminating or strongly limiting the death penalty. But I can see where an individual could be banished from group living and some how marked so everyone could be informed that the person has murdered or caused harm to someone's property without remorse. However, the possibility of redemption and restorartion could be considered. If Jesus can forgive it I am also in favor of it.

  25. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The CIA has no need to do so. People are already scared $#@!less of the whole concept, including a majority here. Government has done it's job well from kindergarten on.
    Since the Haymarket Bombing, the anti-anarchist propaganda has been very effective. Gov'ment skooling makes it even worse. #kurwa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12



  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112


Similar Threads

  1. Anarchy doesn't work.
    By Madison320 in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 09:37 PM
  2. Anarchy doesn't work.
    By Madison320 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM
  3. A Case Study in Anarchy: Spokane Anarchists
    By Theocrat in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:40 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •