Thread: Hey Everyone! Get Over Yourselves!

Hey Everyone! Get Over Yourselves!

Sure is a lot of boo-hooing and fingerpointing going on. Some of you are forgetting that you didn't even know what real freedom was until you became aware of Ron Paul.

Its not up to Ron Paul to debate better or sing and dance better or-whatever. The man's got the truth. He's probably the bravest man on the planet, at this moment.

It is up to each of us to get the message out in our own neck of the woods; it is up to us to learn and then teach. Most people wouldn't know true Liberty if it bite them in the a**. It's up to the freedom lovers to teach the principles.

What do you think it took to get 3% of the colonists to side with the Founding Fathers?

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free
    Then the nation expects what never was and never will be.

-Thomas Jefferson-

So, quite crying and TEACH!
    Last edited by Ender; 02-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are some pretty petty folks on here. I think they expected a miracle, which proves they have no idea what happened to Paul in '88 or '08. Give the man a break. He's done better than he ever has on a national level, gotten hours of TV and Internet coverage and has amassed a great following that truly believes his message. If this country isn't ready for a President Paul, so be it.

I think tho you are confusing constructive criticism with "boo-hooing". I think Ron is a great guy, always will (I don't worship him the way some of you do), point is tho many of us have invested alot into this thing with both time and money, it's very frustrating to lose when you should be winning. Alot of us see this as say a boxer we're sponsoring who continually is vulnerable to left hooks, yet refuses to listen to his trainers when they make suggestions on how he could avoid getting hit by them, and then woe onto any of us who make those suggestions because we are attacked for trying to "compromise" our fighter which is simply not true.
    Last edited by Butchie; 02-08-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Golden Rule? Booooo. Go back to Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Butchie View Post
    I think tho you are confusing constructive criticism with "boo-hooing". I think Ron is a great guy, always will (I don't worship him the way some of you do), point is tho many of us have invested alot into this thing with both time and money, it's very frustrating to lose when you should be winning. Alot of us see this as say a boxer we're sponsoring who continually is vulnerable to left hooks, yet refuses to listen to his trainers when they make suggestions on how he could avoid getting hit by them, and then woe onto any of us who make those suggestions because we are attacked for trying to "compromise" our fighter which is simply not true.
    I don't worship RP- I respect him and I know he knows his stuff.

My point is that each of us needs to take responsibility and take up the gauntlet where ever we are. RP is battling a corrupt political scene. Most people in the US think that the way it is is the way it should be, because it is all they know. It isn't RP's fault that they are ignorant.

BUT - it IS our fault if we don't educate ourselves, first, and then those around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

My point is that each of us needs to take responsibility and take up the gauntlet where ever we are. RP is battling a corrupt political scene. Most people in the US think that the way it is is the way it should be, because it is all they know. It isn't RP's fault that they are ignorant.

BUT - it IS our fault if we don't educate ourselves, first, and then those around us.
    And I do this all the time, but what we all have to realize is all we can do is "set up the pins", ultimately it's up to Ron to knock them down, I can talk about him all day, but at some point they need to hear it from him, so I accept my part in all of this, but it must be understood Ron is the final and most important factor in closing the deal.

You a precinct leader? Have you been going your county's republican leadership meetings for the past four years? Have you gotten on any republican committees? Volunteer for the campaign? How many calls did you make to folks? Donate everything you possibly could?

Hopefully, you did all that and more....cuz that might offset all the bitching and whining about Ron you do around here.

Thanks for the patronising lecture but no thanks.

The problem here is the whole damn system. That's what we are up against here and this system has been dumbing down the people for decades. It is endemic, manifest and it infects every aspect of culture, education, the media and politics.

We are screwed basically.

It's taken 60 years for them to create a nation of braindead bovine morons and it'll take another 60 years to reverse the damage they've inflicted on America (and the rest of civilization).
    RON PAUL 2012
    ---------------------------------------------

Rule No.1 THINK

Rule No. 2 NEVER believe anything you are told by politicians or the media

Ron Paul is a distance runner. Many people would have given up before this point, but he just keeps plugging and sometimes it is uphill and sometimes down. This go around he is a serious candidate who is no longer laughed at. Anyone who was around in 2008 knows what I am talking about. It is SOOO different this time. Here where I am, we have a much more diverse crowd of supporters. More young people and more WOMEN!!!! We have made GIANT steps since 2008. If Ron Paul is not elected president in 2012, the Revolution must keep going. But don't count him out yet!!!
    Alabama 7th Congressional District

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    You a precinct leader? Have you been going your county's republican leadership meetings for the past four years? Have you gotten on any republican committees? Volunteer for the campaign? How many calls did you make to folks? Donate everything you possibly could?

Hopefully, you did all that and more....cuz that might offset all the bitching and whining about Ron you do around here.
    Yes as a matter of fact, suppose you want to see my receipts now? Bitching and whining? OK, you keep going down with the sinking ship if you want, but if I pay my hard-earned money into something I have every right to voice my concerns, just because you're some blind yes man doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CMoore View Post
    Ron Paul is a distance runner.

MOREOVER, he already has ballot access. WHICHEVER WAY, he can stay in until November.

What is it now, FORTY-ISH STATES TO GO?

He is doing better than last time, yes? He has gained supporters, WHO WERE ALIVE LAST GO 'ROUND, but who either didn't like Ron Paul or didn't like the JUNO SE QUA that surrounds Ron Paul.

There is not only ROOM FOR, there is NEED FOR sub-groups of Freedom Fighters to play other hands. I'll say it again: MULTI-FRONT WAR.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 02-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nue-campaigns/

"... Paul, the Texas congressman, is looking to caucus states such as Nevada to amass the delegates he needs to be a player at the Republican convention in Tampa, Florida in August. He said Sunday that he hopes to win the GOP nomination but remains realistic.

"Well, the first thing you want to achieve is get as many votes as you can and get as many delegates and set your target high," Paul said on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos."

'And, of course, you set it for victory, but you have to live within the real world.' ..."

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    MOREOVER, he already has ballot access. WHICHEVER WAY, he can stay in until November.

What is it now, 40-ish STATES TO GO?

He is doing better than last time, yes? He has gained supporters, WHO WERE ALIVE LAST GO 'ROUND, but who either didn't like Ron Paul or didn't like the JUNO SE QUA that surrounds Ron Paul.

There is not only ROOM FOR, there is NEED FOR sub-groups of Freedom Fighters to play other hands. I'll say it again: MULTI-FRONT WAR.
    je ne sais quoi and screw anyone that doesn't like RP now or then. The message is growing and will not stop, whether we win or not. If he can just win one state, things will change.
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmkeisling View Post
    . . . screw anyone that doesn't like RP now or then . . .

THAT kinda sums up a point I made to someone else and by which I abide, only because so many people have TOLD me so:

Ron Paul's most ardent Supporters COST him support.

As I also said to that person: ASK AROUND OUTSIDE THE RON PAUL BUBBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Too these whiners I say:

#1 - you made it here/you support Ron Paul so he did SOMETHING right
    #2 - I like him best because he DOESN'T pander
    #3 - America needs to get smarter, our candidate doesn't need to get dumber
    #4 - I bet these same people haven't registered to be delegates, recruited friends to be delegates - these same people - are they ALL IN themselves??? Have they filed to be precinct committemen?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

THAT kinda sums up a point I made to someone else and by which I abide, only because so many people have TOLD me so:

This line is frikkin' looney. People support Paul to the fullest and that turns people off who may support him. What a load of hogwash that undoubtedly violates dept of agro hogwashing regs.

rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

What many people don't realize that this is a steep uphill battle against the establishment (conspiracy or not), ignorant voters, apathetic voters... We really are a very small percentage.

We will lose lose and lose some more. Then they'll label us as terrorists and half of you will leave the movement. Spreading the idea of Liberty is where we WIN.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, I hear it time and time again on my facebook. (Not about me, because I do not tout the "NOBP" line)

I think NOBP is great but it will not expand his base. It *WILL* turn off red state republicans.

But alas, it won over bailout for freedom, so it is what it is...
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Too these whiners I say:

#1 - you made it here/you support Ron Paul so he did SOMETHING right
    #2 - I like him best because he DOESN'T pander
    #3 - America needs to get smarter, our candidate doesn't need to get dumber
    #4 - I bet these same people haven't registered to be delegates, recruited friends to be delegates - these same people - are they ALL IN themselves??? Have they filed to be precinct committemen?
    I don't recall anyone suggest that he pander, I don't understand why you guys always love to accusse people of that. America does need to get smarter, just like Rome and the USSR needed to get smarter, point is they didn't and where are they now? You are basically suggesting something that only years and years of evolution could change, Americans are not going to get smarter, certainly not in the next 5 weeks.

We don't want Ron to "get dumber", atleast I don't, but when I used to be a computer programmer and someone would ask me a question obviously I couldn't speak to them with the same technical mumbo jumbo as I would with a fellow programmer, I had to dumb it down for them, that didn't make me dumb.

we are alive and about to thrive heading into tampa.
    i read this as Ender's game, set & GOP match point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsa View Post
    Thanks for the patronising lecture but no thanks.

The problem here is the whole damn system. That's what we are up against here and this system has been dumbing down the people for decades. It is endemic, manifest and it infects every aspect of culture, education, the media and politics.

We are screwed basically.

It's taken 60 years for them to create a nation of braindead bovine morons and it'll take another 60 years to reverse the damage they've inflicted on America (and the rest of civilization).
    \

I don't think that truth could possibly be better articulated. Many to most of us are out here every day giving our best to this and the last campaign but what I personally have found is that I need to educate my way into every single Ron Paul convert and it doesn't usually take after just the first attempt. In some cases it took years and even at that it took some event like the old lady being strip searched or Obama attacking Uganda, Pakistan and Libya and signing NDAA for some people to wake up.
    There is no doubt that if every single one of us worked full time to spread this liberty message we still would be up against a media machine that can reach millions of people at one time and in one segment they can subvert a month of our best effort if we cannot counter what they said with the truth to an equal number of people.

If we want to win anything we need to start thinking out of the box and make the media the enemy of the people. We need to make people think that all the evils of government begin with the media. The media needs to be discredited at the same time the liberty message is presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    This line is frikkin' looney.
    If you so decree, it MUST be so?

People support Paul to the fullest and that turns people off who may support him.

rev9

Correct.

Some of Ron Paul's most ardent Supporters COST Ron Paul support.

If you can't understand that, I will assume you are a White Guy. Are you one of the ones that WILL or will NEVER stop for directions?

The movement is growing. FFS, we got a quarter of the vote in MN last night. We're doubling and tripling support over four years ago. We may not win this time, but $#@! it; we'll dominate the future regardless.

I doubt this just as I doubt his "foreign policy" costs him votes. These are smoke screens. A Republican can't just come out and say, "I don't like Ron Paul because I love big government, bigger deficits, crippling debt, invasive drug war, regulatory control of everything cradle-to-grave, and public schools are great even though you won't catch my kids there."

Some of Ron Paul's most ardent Supporters COST Ron Paul support.
    And the Beatles never become famous due to all those annoying, screaming girls.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't speak for the older generation, but I know that many in my 20s-age group are licking our lips at the opportunity to run for office and change things for the better. We are the most informed(sometimes too well informed for the Alex Jones crowd) of our groups of friends and are able to cut through economic fallacies. We are reading Mises and Bastiat and applying it to our daily thoughts. We are talking about philosophy and politics and economics with friends and family, anyone who is interested really, and we usually find that while they may not always agree with us, they grudgingly respect us. We debate amongst ourselves and hone our message and organization. Give us another twenty years, time to mature and get some private experience, and I promise you things are going to change. We will support the torch of liberty with our energy and our money until it one day passes into our hands and we have the opportunity to really make things happen.

Until then, lets just stay positive and, more than anything else, not get burnt out. As someone else mentioned, this is a marathon and we need to be appreciative for every inch we take tooth-and-nail. This has never really been about Paul, and it won't end with him. He has many flaws, but he is driven and relentless and that should be a lesson to us all. We can do this.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 02-08-2012 at 01:47 PM.

This is a movement that happens to have a candidate in the presidential race. We may win this election. Or not. But what is undeniable is that we are reaching more people than ever before and the message is spreading. When will the tipping point come? Honestly, nobody knows. But until then, we have to keep working and our belief in the virtues of liberty has to keep us motivated for the long haul: to the end of Ron Paul's campaign - regardless of the outcome - and beyond.

Remember, even a Ron Paul presidency will not right the world. That only happens when enough people change their minds about the role of government in a free society. It could take a generation or more. Look at racism in this country. No legislation and no political leader could change what is in some peoples' hearts. Sometimes the stink just has to wear off.

But we are making progress. We are reaching the young and many others who see through the establishment propaganda. If the status quo maintains control we will undoubtedly win many more converts when they are subjected to the pain of a disintegrating economy.

I do everything I can to take advantage of this opportunity we currently have before us; to use the visibility of this presidential campaign to expose people to the message. But I also realize the daunting task we are facing and I have no preconceived notion of what will happen. Whatever happens, I will remain committed to moving forward.

I am fascinated and elated at every person who has the epiphany that I had over 4 years ago. Each one is a victory. I get chills when I see Dr. Paul speaking to a huge, enthusiastic crowd who have taken the message of liberty into their hearts. I still have to pinch myself when one of the MSM outlets actually talks about the Ron Paul movement. I am overwhelmed when I read the scores of eloquent essays and insightful comments flooding the Internet and the media by a growing army of enlightened spokesmen for liberty. More than parroting quotes they have read, these people really get it; they can speak extemporaneously on the history of the Constitution and the principles of liberty, and they can hold their own in a debate with any statist. We have become relevant, and as long as we stay committed we will remain a powerful force in American politics and perhaps even politics around the world.

When the presidential election is over, I hope all of you continue to congregate here and at the other RP sites to collaborate, educate, and support each other in this magnificent struggle for human freedom.

The adventure continues ...
    Last edited by gjdavis60; 02-08-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    ''Wasting a vote is sometimes voting for somebody that you don't really believe in.'' -Ron Paul

I agree with this sentiment.... many of us felt the same way in 2007, over 5 years ago now. I happen to think it is much more psychological than anything else.

sigh...this thread is sad. Look people..really...victory is at our finger tips, but because NO ONE except a few in this forum understand about delegates...NO..not the ones Wolf Blitzer drones on about...the ones that are available at your caucus meetings AFTER the meetings. This is where the real ammo is...empty delegate seats at your GOP County Conventions....

If we lose, it will be because too many Ron Paul supporters don't understand the process concerning delegate allocation at the STRAW POLLS they just attended.

btw, i'm one of those old guys. 60 years old, and i am ALREADY a delegate for my GOP county convention, and i've been one for 18 months.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 02-08-2012 at 02:10 PM.