Thread: THE REAL DELEGATE COUNT

THE REAL DELEGATE COUNT

**************ROMNEY 96 PAUL 47 GINGRICH 36 SANTORUM 28*************

I know we all see these random delegate counts in several publications or scrolling across CNN. They are all wildly different and seem like bad guesses. Truth is ....nobody really knows because states like Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado have not chosen any delegates yet, superdelegates will change their minds, and yet other delegates bound to Perry, Huntsman, and maybe others will be released.

Well..... I am here to go state by state and project the likely outcome of national delegates based on ground reports and a little history.

Iowa

Paul 10
    Romney 6
    Santorum 5
    Gingrich 1

NH

Romney 8
    Paul 4

SC

Gingrich 23
    Romney 2

Florida

Romney 50

Nevada

Romney 14
    Gingrich 6
    Paul 5
    Santorum 3

Minnesota

Paul 19
    Santorum 9
    Romney 6
    Gingrich 3

Colorado

Santorum 11
    Romney 10
    Paul 9
    Gingrich 3

TOTAL DELEGATES TO DATE (2/8)

ROMNEY 96
    PAUL 47
    GINGRICH 36
    SANTORUM 28

Last election Paul almost doubled his take of delegates than would normally be apportioned to a candidate in caucus states because his followers were so committed and organized. I expect the same to happen this year... if not better. As for super delegates I have not added those (Romney has already picked up quite a few of those) as they are allowed to change their mind.

We are not doing that badly guys! Keep up the good work and remember: Vote for Paul, AND STAY AFTERWARDS TO BECOME A DELEGATE!
    Last edited by JulioForPaul; 02-08-2012 at 06:47 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I appreciate you doing this but you'll need to explain how you came to those conclusions by state and by candidate and their results.

THe reason I mention that is because it could be truly done 'scientifically' or it could just be an educated guess.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I appreciate you doing this but you'll need to explain how you came to those conclusions by state and by candidate and their results.

THe reason I mention that is because it could be truly done 'scientifically' or it could just be an educated guess.
    I am not sure how this was arrived at either. I believe the only states where delegates have been awarded are NH, SC, FL and NV. The others still have their state conventions before the delegates are awarded. IA & MN are unbound, CO will be bound as far as I understand the party rules.

thegreenpapers.com is helpful for this.

In 2008 Paul roughly got 150-200% over his projected share of delegates in caucus states. I just did the same to this year's percentages. I took them disproportionately away from Gingrich and Santorum because of their lack of organization and the idea that people deciding on a candidate at the last second are less likely to stick around to become a delegate. I gave Romney roughly what he was projected because, even though his supporters are less enthusiastic, he is organized.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    I am not sure how this was arrived at either. I believe the only states where delegates have been awarded are NH, SC, FL and NV. The others still have their state conventions before the delegates are awarded. IA & MN are unbound, CO will be bound as far as I understand the party rules.

thegreenpapers.com is helpful for this.
    Iowa, Minnesota, and Colorado are all unbound. It is very realistic to project Paul getting double his "voting percentage" in delegates.

Even in bound states, a motion could be put forth at the state convention to send the delegation to the RNC as unbound delegates.
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &
    Become a DELEGATE for Ron Paul

This is how we win!
    Delegates Thread on RPF: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ok-no-further!

Create your OWN GRASSROOTS ADS & run on NATIONAL TV CHEAP!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr....2-mil-viewers!

BEWARE SUPER BROCHURES (DO NOT BUY/SUPPORT)

So basically this is just your best guess?

Quote Originally Posted by floridasun1983 View Post
    So basically this is just your best guess?
    If anybody wants to argue that Paul will get less or more.... feel free to. All that is above is based on the actual results of bound delegates and a conservative estimate of what Paul gets in an unbound caucus. The point is that Paul is likely doing much better than is being reported.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nice work, i'm not going to yell at you for making an educated approximation.