Thread: 27% is highest percentage yet in any state for Ron Paul

27% is highest percentage yet in any state for Ron Paul

Has been holding steady all night. 25% in Montana was the highest we got in 2008. Hopefully we break the 30-40 barrier in Maine!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sucks we dont have entrance polls. Would love to see the internals. Especially the male/female breakdown. He's done poor with women. Maybe he reversed that.

I don't mind if Santorum wins for right now as much as I despise the man because at least his wins keep the process going and fluid and prevent bandwagon voting because at some point we're going to find a state which can go for us and as the old saying goes, "get one olive out of the jar and the rest tumble out." Look at the Reuters poll which was released today. All we need is one win to validate it.

... the highest percentage so far....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

27% is highest percentage ever in any state for Ron Paul
    yeah, lets emphasize some positives for once. better than I expected, while Colorado and Missouri turned out pretty much how I expected. combine that with the Reuters poll earlier today and it wasn't such a bad day. excited to see how Maine turns out.

We're sitting at 27.44... So close to 28%... Maybe 30?

More split delegates... watch out for the borkered convention!

It's also the first time we have beaten Romney this election cycle.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell yeah, remember that we were polling in LAST PLACE!

I guarantee he got the majority of delegates based on what my MN friends have said. Some of them had big Santorum majorities and still swept the delegates.

WHY ARE THEY ONLY SHOWING 11 DELEGATES?

The first state that did not receive mass-mailer SuperBrochures too.................

Have I ever told you guys that I love you?
    Once you go Paul, you see through them all.

It must be scary to the GOP knowing that without that 27%, Obama wins Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    The first state that did not receive mass-mailer SuperBrochures too.................
    A complete waste of money those were, indeed. Perhaps the people who made those should go to college and take a marketing class before starting a project that big in the future....

On a positive note, 27% is extremely good. Let's hope Maine turns out just as well!
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by ssjevot View Post
    I guarantee he got the majority of delegates based on what my MN friends have said. Some of them had big Santorum majorities and still swept the delegates.
    Yep, it certainly sounds like we swept the delegates.

I haven't heard many reports from CO, it would be awesome if we outperformed there as well, but doesn't seem like a lock like MN.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tonight the Liberty Movement continues to grow when compared to 2008.

Minnesota = 2012 27.4% vs 15.7% 2008
    Missouri = 2012 12.2% vs 4.5% 2008
    Colorado = 2012 12.8% vs 8.4% 2008

And Ron said in his speech tonight that Nevada is going to surprise the experts and award the Campaign a far greater share of delegates than the 18.7% vote total.

As we are seeing tonight in Minnesota and hopefully Colorado, Ron Paul Supporters learned a painful lesson in 2008 and are wising up on how delegates are selected. That should be make a significant difference as this Primary Season continues.

Maine is next. I am praying for our first Win ever on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy Jack View Post
    WHY ARE THEY ONLY SHOWING 11 DELEGATES?
    Iowa hasn't given out delegates and they just pretend where they want them. Ignore that.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by ssjevot View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but how does the delegate selection work?

Down here in Texas we fill out an application at the county convention to try and be a state delegate and a selection committee made the decision (our problem was they already had their list of who they were going to send). During the precinct selection we only had 5 people show up and we were allowed 12 delegates to the county convention (so we added some family member names).

I presume it works the same way in other states? People just raise their hand if they want to be a delegate to the county convention?

good for a brokered convention, but eventually i think the Santa and Grinch voters and delegates would coalesce.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Quote Originally Posted by Draco33 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but how does the delegate selection work?

Down here in Texas we fill out an application at the county convention to try and be a state delegate and a selection committee made the decision (our problem was they already had their list of who they were going to send). During the precinct selection we only had 5 people show up and we were allowed 12 delegates to the county convention (so we added some family member names).

I presume it works the same way in other states? People just raise their hand if they want to be a delegate to the county convention?
    it varies vastly place to place. Often people are just picked from those in the room who are willing. That sounds like how it is in MN and is how it is in Iowa, which is why despite the 'win' don't expect Santorum to end up with much in the way of delegates from Iowa. He had no dedicated ground game. However, the party establishment and some of the moral majority people will have gotten him some.

Quote Originally Posted by J_White View Post
    good for a brokered convention, but eventually i think the Santa and Grinch voters and delegates would coalesce.
    But if those are actually Paul supporters functioning as bound delegates for someone else, as soon as they become unbound they can move to the Paul camp. Hence the strategy focused on the delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    But if those are actually Paul supporters functioning as bound delegates for someone else, as soon as they become unbound they can move to the Paul camp. Hence the strategy focused on the delegates.
    And they can move to unbind at their state conventions, in states like NV, so we could come out of NV with all their delegates for RP on the first round.

27% was what I was hoping for. I thought with that number (or there abouts) we could win. What I didn't realize was that Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich would fall of the map. Imagine if they had 20 or 22% each. Ron Paul might have one. Again, great number. Be proud and continue to fight.

At my precinct in Urbandale, IA Mitt Romney won big, but Ron Paul got half the delegates. Over half the place left once the meaningless straw poll was finished. It is so easy to win where it matters so don't give up. We are winning the delegate count.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul continues to make progress. If we get 1st place in Maine we still have a shot at winning the nomination. We we don't get first in Maine, we probably don't though it still wouldn't be technically impossible.
    GOING ON NOW IN THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT - WWW.FREETALKLIVE.COM

JOIN OUR LAST BEST HOPE FOR LIBERTY - WWW.FREESTATEPROJECT.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Not only that, but if they were really floating 'anti Romney' votes, if Romney is nominee and Paul is the contender, even if they AREN'T Paul folks they might prefer him.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Not only that, but if they were really floating 'anti Romney' votes, if Romney is nominee and Paul is the contender, even if they AREN'T Paul folks they might prefer him.
    That is true, so it is best not to go too negative on the other candidates, just on their anti-liberty issues. I wouldn't mess with anything personal though, people might hold that against you.